Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

BuzzG wrote: »
    Is it possible to use Personal Hotspot on iPhone with GoMo ?

Yeah just tested it there. iPhone 6 > iPad 3, 37 down 29 up, 4G, mast is about 250m away from my gaff tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dmcguq10

Eventually signed up last night. Order is currently in progress. How long will this take to complete?

I want to port over my number, do I need to wait for sim to arrive in post? How long will this take?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

dmcguq10 wrote: »
    Eventually signed up last night. Order is currently in progress. How long will this take to complete?

I want to port over my number, do I need to wait for sim to arrive in post? How long will this take?

Answers all on GoMo.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RunnerDub

Speedtest in Kilkenny

143 / 41

Wow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

dmcguq10 wrote: »

Yes I believe you're best waiting for the SIM and then create the port request.

As to how long it'll all take...how long is a piece of string? i.e. it's too variable to say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

RunnerDub wrote: »
    Speedtest in Kilkenny

143 / 41

Wow :)

That's nuts. I've not seen a result that high posted here

But the thing about speedtests on mobile networks is that's the speed of the mast sector you're connected to. There is no bandwidth limiting or shaping. It's the sign of an empty network. Much like Three it'll be oversubscribed before long, especially with this great deal

They used say about 3g in rural areas. If you get good speeds, don't tell your neighbour, cos the minute he joins you're sharing it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Currently porting status in progress online but my coverage hasn't gone down or anything Is this the norm?

I can call now with my gomo number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Do they email you when it’s despatched? I ordered 9 days ago. On Friday they emailed account active and when I logged in I could see I then had a phone number, pin and puk. I know it was a bank holiday weekend so didn’t expect anything to happen. I did hope though that it would despatch Tuesday or Wednesday morning but I haven’t been notified of its depatch yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rynies32

Hi, can someone help me please. I am trying to switch over to Gomo. I received the sim yesterday. Every time I try to log in, it tells me I have to give the Date of Birth that i registered with first time around. I must have put the wrong one in but i cant go any further unless i have it. I have tried to contact support but same problem happens. I need the DOB. I cant find an online chat. Can anyone help me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

baldbear wrote: »
    Currently porting status in progress online but my coverage hasn't gone down or anything Is this the norm?

Call another phone to make sure it's your ported number. If it is you're good to go. If not wait a little longer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Rynies32 wrote: »
    Hi, can someone help me please. I am trying to switch over to Gomo. I received the sim yesterday. Every time I try to log in, it tells me I have to give the Date of Birth that i registered with first time around. I must have put the wrong one in but i cant go any further unless i have it. I have tried to contact support but same problem happens. I need the DOB. I cant find an online chat. Can anyone help me?

Happened for me as well. It's a glitch in their system. Don't waste time emailing them - get on to their support chat instead and keep at it every day until it's rectified. Took about 3 days for me.

The online chat pop up can be found at the right hand side under Register Account. I recommend that you get onto them early. They open at 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Get In There

I'm in the same boat. Just a matter of playing the waiting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Is it not just a matter of when you lose coverage of your previous service to put in the gomo SIM and wait for porting?. And it could be up to a few hours? Which is fine as long as I know.

Is there any need to log into your account as I've never received an email from gomo(got a WhatsApp to confirm this evening is the day) and this evening is the day I have proposed to switch over.

Call another phone to make sure it's your ported number. If it is you're good to go. If not wait a little longer

did that. Rang the mother and got the " who the F***k is this" so i know i'm not ported over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Just to follow up on a previous post. My wife's number ported about 5 hours after her old sim went dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Rynies32 wrote: »

Would you have used 1st of January?

93% of Steam users were born on January 1st (to avoid giving the real date)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Does your chosen port date influence how quickly they post the sim to you? I moved my date back from Tuesday but starting to think I should have left it.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

did that. Rang the mother and got the " who the F***k is this" so i know i'm not ported over.

Is she always this rude?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    I got one result higher.. just about.

What phone you have may effect your max speeds.
    I'm getting speeds around 100 but my wife is getting speeds 50 to 70.
    I have a newer phone and hers is about 3 years old.

Also, on speedtest my provider is showing as Meteor, while hers is GoMo. I'm assuming there shouldn't be a difference.

My speeds the last day, (Sligo)

73nBual.png

That's interesting. What are the makes of phone ye have?
    I have a Moto G5+ so wondering if I bought a newer/more expensive phone would I get better speeds/reception

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rynies32

No I tried that too! On to the online chat at the moment. Only waiting over an hour and still haven't got linked with someone. Very frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Sure Thing

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Would you have used 1st of January?

93% of Steam users were born on January 1st (to avoid giving the real date)

I also inputted somehow an invalid DOB. I sent a message to customer service and they corrected it no problem, just took a few days for response

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Speed testing on my side is still consistently the same as before.. on 3 (seperate phone) getting 30s, on Vodafone and GoMo (same phone) getting max 15 ish

lighthouse wrote: »
    Is she always this rude?

No. Usually much worse. I under exaggerated.:D

The switch is complete. So far all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Seems my son's number has ported back to the original SIM from GoMo. Weirdly its only texts that do it, calls to and from ported number are fine, but his texts are coming from the original number.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭done4now

done4now wrote: »
    Similar to me. Ordered for myself on Thursday morning and then on Saturday I ordered for my mother. She got the SIM Card today and had a number assigned to her account yesterday while I am still waiting for number to be assigned and the SIM card :(

Only difference is that my delivery address is in Dublin while hers is not.

Bit annoying as I've been out of contract with my current provider since Friday :(

done4now wrote: »
    I noticed late last night that I've finally been assigned a number so I'm guessing I'll have the SIM card on Tuesday :o

So 13 days later and still no sign of the SIM card :mad:.

I was hoping to port over before my Three contract was up but that date as come and gone. I will be outside of the EU for a bit so probably isn't the best time to move anyway so I'm going to exercise my right to cancel :(.

Great deal all the same. I'll probably sign up once I'm back in Ireland provided the other providers don't offer a similar deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 G1raff3

For those waiting on porting, mine went through this morning after 4 days waiting. Other than that, everything's fine and I've much better call & data signal at home and work than I had with voda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

jakdublin wrote: »
    I was waiting a couple of days last week before getting onto them via Facebook. You can't cancel once the porting starts. Very slow response but they said my port was 'stuck' so they cancelled their end and I had to keep checking to see when I could reschedule. Was due to port this morning but still nothing.

It's been a long. frustrating wait but had the two numbers ported over from VM this morning. No problems with voicemail or data. I know customer service has been slow (understatement!) but to be honest I've never had good customer service from any mobile operator I've been with and they've obviously been swamped since starting up. It'll probably improve but I can live with poor customer service for a tenner a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

I'm porting over from Eir tomorrow (30 day bill pay, no contract), do I need to let Eir know and will they cease billing automatically?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Former Coach

My porting is ‘in progress’ for the past week. No response to online chat or on Twitter.
    Anybody got a link to customer support?
    Beyond frustrated😡

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

My porting is ‘in progress’ for the past week. No response to online chat or on Twitter.
    Anybody got a link to customer support?
    Beyond frustrated😡

You’re wasting your time with the clowns on chat. They disconnected me when I asked did they think it was ok to be 13 days without being able to receive calls or SMS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement