Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Twister2 wrote: »
    So Eir has got everyone in a panic with only giving the deal to 100,000- wtf is that all about do they not want customers

VF has hit back by giving all their customers 20 quid credit and free data to stop them switching

Can you block everything outside of the allowance, premium calls and international.

I know there's a special premium Sms bar which i need before switching as I'm getting messages constantly about premium texts but i don't have credit to receive them on VF payg, there's no way id switch before sorting all this

You do know that GoMo will accept more than 100,000 customers? The initial deal is limited to the first that sign up, but they're not gonna turn people away. Even if Vodafone gave every customer €20 & free data, they'd still be at least €20 more expensive than GoMo...

Whats your point?

BTW, with GoMo, they will only allow you to overspend by €30/month then they'll throttle your usage. I understand your co=unning plan to run out of credit before you use it... but there are other ways to monitopr and curtail your spending...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Is there site down now ? I cannot login to view the status of my account.
    Ordered my sim on the 21st and still nothing.

I'm getting an error trying to access it also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Twister2

Think I'd wait and see what the other networks do now

I wouldn't be jumping into bed with Eir in a hurry

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Is there site down now ? I cannot login to view the status of my account.
    Ordered my sim on the 21st and still nothing.

Site not down but can't log into my account but I'm sorted since Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

I can't login to my account either. Ported at 12 today from Eir, old sim went dead at 12:01 but new sim still has the original number so the port didn't go through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,507 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I'm with eir mobile in a while, and got one of these last week, potentially to use in my daughters phone.

Coverage etc is OK, but lags the eir signal at times. For example, at home I done have great coverage at times, and sometimes eir will show 4g signal available, while the gomo only shows 3g or sometimes only 2g,but will come back after a minute. Also, had to reset the phone twice where the coverage dropped out altogether on the gomo SIM ( dual SIM phone). There is a chance its an issue with that sim slot on the phone, but I haven't seen it before if it is.

Overall coverage is OK, and in the current market it is worth a Tenner of anyone's money per month.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

So Eir has got everyone in a panic with only giving the deal to 100,000- wtf is that all about do they not want customers

VF has hit back by giving all their customers 20 quid credit and free data to stop them switching

Can you block everything outside of the allowance, premium calls and international.

I know there's a special premium Sms bar which i need before switching as I'm getting messages constantly about premium texts but i don't have credit to receive them on VF payg, there's no way id switch before sorting all this

Saying they're lmiting the offer to 100,000 is exactly to get everyone in a panic and encourage them to sign up ASAP.

I'm on Vodafone PAYG and got SFA credit/data freebies last weekend. Will order a GOMO SIM on Friday (being the 1st November) and test it out for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

testtech05 wrote: »
    I'm in the process of doing this. How do you go about reauthorization of the number?
    Into the bank with Id sign a mandate and then they can reauth the number seemingly will be doing it Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Quackster wrote: »
    Saying they're lmiting the offer to 100,000 is exactly to get everyone in a panic and encourage them to sign up ASAP.

I'm on Vodafone PAYG and got SFA credit/data freebies last weekend. Will order a GOMO SIM on Friday (being the 1st November) and test it out for a few weeks.

Got nothing off VF myself . What gives ?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭xraylady

[tried to log in myself and no emails received from them re authentication or change password ( I've checked junk mail obvs !) Says sent out but none received.

• Advertisement

sioda wrote: »
    Into the bank with Id sign a mandate and then they can reauth the number seemingly will be doing it Friday

So after porting your number (in order to keep it) you have to go into a BOI branch to change your number associated with your account?? Ummm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Twister2

Lennyzip wrote: »
    Got nothing off VF myself . What gives ?

I'm with them years

all I ever get is constant bullsh1t offers trying to upsell me from spending a tenner to 20

Last week me and the son got 20 credit and loads of data

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

Port started yesterday morning, my old sim went dead and i switched over. i can make calls and texts with GoMo sim and it is showing up as my ported number however i cannot receive calls or texts.

Has this happened others? If so do you know will it sort itself out or will i need to get onto them? Grateful for any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Pen Rua wrote: »
    So after porting your number (in order to keep it) you have to go into a BOI branch to change your number associated with your account?? Ummm.

Different network Id

sioda wrote: »
    Different network Id

Right.

Between people taking ages to get SIMs, ports going wrong & now news that I have to go into the bank to change over my number... seems like a lot of hassle for the sake of saving €10 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Is there site down now ?

my gomo.ie seems to be borked at the moment.

"An error occurred please try again in a few minutes"

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭xraylady

Is there any other way of contacting them? Chat? Phone?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

my gomo.ie seems to be borked at the moment.

"An error occurred please try again in a few minutes"

"Price change in progress"
    New Plan 14.99 :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

xraylady wrote: »

https://gomo.ie/contact/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Port started yesterday morning, my old sim went dead and i switched over. i can make calls and texts with GoMo sim and it is showing up as my ported number however i cannot receive calls or texts.

Has this happened others? If so do you know will it sort itself out or will i need to get onto them? Grateful for any advice

Happened me. 13 days later still trying to get them to sort it. Complaint lodged with comreg over them. Gomo couldn’t care less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

Can someone please clarify this...Can I or can I not use the gomo sim card in a dongle for mobile broadband? ?

Kalyke wrote: »
    You definitely can.

So is it just a case of simply removing the sim card from my eir dongle and away I go??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

my number ported an hour ago, however now I've run into a problem, no internet data at all. Data was working perfectly before the port.

Gonzo wrote: »
    my number ported an hour ago, however now I've run into a problem, no internet data at all. Data was working perfectly before the port.

toggle data off, data on,
    turn the phone off & then on again,
    remove the sim, replace the sim...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Gonzo wrote: »

had the same, worked fine then dropped completely. had to restart the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

I'm with them years

all I ever get is constant bullsh1t offers trying to upsell me from spending a tenner to 20

Last week me and the son got 20 credit and loads of data

Yeah I heard about a few people getting credit from here . But got nothing myself . I was happy enough with VF but when I figured I was probably topping up too early and them effectively getting an extra €20 over the year , enough was enough. And I never had credit to call people as the €20 top up was pretty much just for the data and free VF to VF . Was always conscience of who I was texting & ringing on other networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Number ported at 3pm so a 3 hour wait.
    I was on Eir prepay at €20pm for the same offer so can compare directly.
    Speedtest at 11:30 was 26mb down and 18mb up on eir. Speedtest at 12:30 was 15mb down and 8mb up. I'm switching between H+ and 4g+ now whereas with Eir it was 4g+ 99% of the time. Will give it a few days and see if there's and noticeable difference.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Do the hokey pokey.....

*musical notes* or use your cop on *musical notes*

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Right.

Between people taking ages to get SIMs, ports going wrong & now news that I have to go into the bank to change over my number... seems like a lot of hassle for the sake of saving €10 a month

An interesting question is what % of people have problems compared to the thousands who are signing up.
    I accept no one should have any problems but at the end of the day what do people expect for a tenner a month. Nobody's forcing anyone to sign up!

xraylady wrote: »
    Direct message on their Facebook/Twitter GoMo pages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

lighthouse wrote: »
    An interesting question is what % of people have problems compared to the thousands who are signing up.
    I accept no one should have any problems but at the end of the day what do people expect for a tenner a month. Nobody's forcing anyone to sign up!

I've been with Eir a good while now, i went in with eyes open in relation to what to expect i.e. crap customer service....but at €9.99 a month i'm will to accept that.

Ordered my sim last week, yet to be dispatched. Colleague ordered yesterday, and his is on the way....they like to keep you on your toes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement