Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Adrian Weckler from the Indo just tweeting about GoMo now. Says complaints coming in and points out that you're paying while you're waiting up to ten days for the SIM but argues that you'll make it up over time and people should know that for a tenner a month, poor customer service is part of the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

budhabob wrote: »
    I've been with Eir a good while now, i went in with eyes open in relation to what to expect i.e. crap customer service....but at €9.99 a month i'm will to accept that.

Ordered my sim last week, yet to be dispatched. Colleague ordered yesterday, and his is on the way....they like to keep you on your toes.

Sure isn't it better to be shooting the breeze here than always harking on about the weather :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

corsav6 wrote: »
    Number ported at 3pm so a 3 hour wait.
    I was on Eir prepay at €20pm for the same offer so can compare directly.
    Speedtest at 11:30 was 26mb down and 18mb up on eir. Speedtest at 12:30 was 15mb down and 8mb up. I'm switching between H+ and 4g+ now whereas with Eir it was 4g+ 99% of the time. Will give it a few days and see if there's and noticeable difference.

Same here, sometimes the data doesn’t kick in after losing signal, simple airplane mode and back job fixes it though. I reckon it’s first time connecting to new masts, but I could be entirely wrong with how mobile networks work...

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Had showing order in progress but getting this now FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Qrt wrote: »
    Same here, sometimes the data doesn’t kick in after losing signal, simple airplane mode and back job fixes it though. I reckon it’s first time connecting to new masts, but I could be entirely wrong with how mobile networks work...

Had this with Eir too, had to hit airplane mode the odd time to get mobile data back but I put it down to having a Xiaomi with only 1 LTE band, obviously that wasn't the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Had showing order in progress but getting this now FFS

Deep breaths... the login on the website is down currently (for everyone, or at least most people). Shouldn't effect your port... hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

I'm on H+ 98 Percent of the time around the house however the speeds are 15 Mbps down.
    Was only getting 0.8 Mbps on 3 before the port.

Happy just confused as to why it's saying H+

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

sioda wrote: »
    FYI if you port over and bank with BOI you will have to get your number reauthorised for texting verification bit of a pita

So you are saying that you still have the same number you originally authenticated with (after porting it) & BOI won't accept it?

That would mean anyone changing providers will have to physically go to the bank to re-authenticate even though they didn't have to go there when they originally authenticated.

I wonder what others who ported who are with other banks experienced?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Gooser14

I had the same last Friday and the sim arrived yesterday. Your sim will probably arrive in the next couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Deep breaths... the login on the website is down currently (for everyone, or at least most people). Shouldn't effect your port... hopefully

fixed now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

So you are saying that you still have the same number you originally authenticated with (after porting it) & BOI won't accept it?

That would mean anyone changing providers will have to physically go to the bank to re-authenticate even though they didn't have to go there when they originally authenticated.

I wonder what others who ported who are with other banks experienced?

No problem with AIB (or Revolut and Curve)

jakdublin wrote: »
    No problem with AIB (or Revolut and Curve)

That's good to know (I haven't ported yet but am with AIB)

It just sounds a bit like BOI are being a tad awkward.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 15 stcosmin

Oige1981 wrote: »
    You choose a certain airline you get a cheap seat and end up at the same destination as the person flying business class different airline.

I think people expect way to much for €9.99, speed changes and I for one am extremely happy. I do wonder what people are actually doing - I streamed live tv - went on Facebook etc if I want WIFI I’ll connect to it.
    For the price and what I now get I’m over the moon.

Don't get me wrong. It is understandable the quality will be lower when compared with Vodafone - the price tag is different. I was just sharing my experience maybe someone else is interested in the actual numbers.
    Personally, I have tried all the networks in Ireland traveling a lot and Vodafone is by far the best network overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

stcosmin wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong. It is understandable the quality will be lower when compared with Vodafone - the price tag is different. I was just sharing my experience maybe someone else is interested in the actual numbers.
    Personally, I have tried all the networks in Ireland traveling a lot and Vodafone is by far the best network overall.

Received sim card after 7 days since ordering, ported in an hour, indoor speeds now 60 downl and 20 upld, so quite superb, 4g everywhere.

Ex eir mobile customer with 2 numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

My sim arrived late this afternoon. I haven’t put it in to my phone yet but I am already won over. The sim packaging is Amazeballs. I’ve been playing with that for the last half an hour. Very satisfying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I'm on H+ 98 Percent of the time around the house however the speeds are 15 Mbps down.
    Was only getting 0.8 Mbps on 3 before the port.

Happy just confused as to why it's saying H+

You are connected to the mast at H+ but so many people are connected to that mast that it slows your speed. There's only so much bandwidth that each mast can serve.
    That's my theory anyway.

jarvis wrote: »
    My some arrived late this afternoon. I haven’t put it in to my phone yet but I am already won over. The sim packaging is Amazeballs. I’ve been playing with that for the last half an hour. Very satisfying.

Same package as the Revolut card, and yes, it's pretty clever.

jarvis wrote: »
    My some arrived late this afternoon. I haven’t put it in to my phone yet but I am already won over. The sim packaging is Amazeballs. I’ve been playing with that for the last half an hour. Very satisfying.

Some people are easily pleased :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,053 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I ported this morning & have had several dropped calls. Driving around Dublin today Coverage drops like a stone & call ends instantly. Few seconds later cover comes back. I haven't had dropped call in 10 years or more. Had 6 today

Do I have a dodgy sim or have others had trouble like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Completely seamless as it turned out. Signal went off old SIM at scheduled time agreed on signing up and just popped the new sim in and had calls. No mobile until I selected 'Meteor' service from provider list(only service listed) and from then I had 4G gomo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Arranged port for 4.30pm today hasn't gone through. Is it I applied to late in the day and it will go through tomorrow? Any help thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Dannyman76

Emergency calls only now since before 5 here in West Cork

So I put the sim in and I’ve only 1 bar of coverage. Date moves from 3G to E.

I’ve put in Meteor apn and rebooted. Same issue.
    I’ve down airplane mode and rebooted a few times.
    I’ve reset network settings.
    Upstairs now I can get 3 bars and it stays on 3G. Speed test download results are all less than 1Mbps.

Am I missing something else to try?

jarvis wrote:
    Am I missing something else to try?

You could just be that you are in a bad coverage area?

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    You could just be that you are in a bad coverage area?

Ugh. I hope not!! I live here in Ashbourne!! I had meteor a few years back and I had eir mobile for the first 2 years it launched and it was fine.

jarvis wrote:
    Ugh. I hope not!! I live here in Ashbourne!! I had meteor a few years back and I had eir mobile for the first 2 years it launched and it was fine.

You have a 14 days cooling off period from the day you receive the sim if coverage is bad. This will give you the 10 euro back you paid for the sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I ported this morning & have had several dropped calls. Driving around Dublin today Coverage drops like a stone & call ends instantly. Few seconds later cover comes back. I haven't had dropped call in 10 years or more. Had 6 today

Do I have a dodgy sim or have others had trouble like this?

That was why I left Eir. Too many dropped calls and terrible call quality.

If you mainly use your phone for browsing and messages Gomo/Eir will be fine probably and I'd say that's the type of use most people have these days. I still make a lot of calls so I'm stuck with Vodafone.

Simply a curious question!

My phone, originally eir never showed my phone number when I went into settings & tapped on "About"

Since I inserted the GoMo sim my 085 number does appear in Settings>About.

Can anyone confirm if their number appears in their phone settings under Settings>About after they ported?

Here's a peculiar one. I had Lycamobile for a few years and used it as a WiFi hotspot when on my laptop.
    Earlier this year I noticed I had problems downloading emails to my laptop. I tried a load of things to no avail.
    I used my laptop recently in a coffee shop, using their WiFi, and my emails were downloading fine, while they still wouldn't download when using my Lyca hotspot.
    Since I got GoMo my emails download fine on my laptop while my hotspot is switched on, on my phone.
    Strange but true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Simply a curious question!

My phone, originally eir never showed my phone number when I went into settings & tapped on "About"

Since I inserted the GoMo sim my 085 number does appear in Settings>About.

Can anyone confirm if their number appears in their phone settings under Settings>About after they ported?

My eir and GoMo sims always showed the numbers in About section.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement