Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

TheDriver wrote: »
    80Gb is massive for mobile data. You'd want to be doing a lot of video watching.

2 hours up and down to college on a bus each day. Currently downloading stuff at night to put on my shield. This way I could hotspot and stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Bluefoam wrote: »
    iPhone users will need a special premium tarrif from Vodafone... It will offer 500mb/sec download 100 monthly minutes, international calls charged at a premium rate and walled garden internet that restricts use to Apple approved sites. However thaeywill provide you with a titanium identify card that lets people know that you own an iPhone, in case they didn't realise that in the first place.
    Am I missing something here? What's Vodafone got to do with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

You are charged per calendar month, not the day you sign up?

So if you sign up on Oct 31, you pay 9.99 for just 1 day? That's rough!

But if you sign up today and choose your change date as Nov 1 then you avoid the Oct fee.

I'm on the 25euro VM 30 day contract, so need to give them my month notice anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Lissavane wrote: »

Whoosh!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

The new French owner of Eir operates a similar popular 9.99 EUR package in France via Free Mobile. The Free Mobile package in France was highly popular. The Free Mobile website might give a clue as to where Eir are going with GoMo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

iPhone users wouldn't be seen on a lesser brand of network. Vodafone is the best, because they are the most expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

They're joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭zeebre12

I've got a dual sim unlocked phone. Highly recommended.

I don't get this. What is a dual sim unlocked phone? How will this work with GoMo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

I had a eir/meteor payg mobile data sim in a mobile router, 50gb 30 day for €30. Most months the 50gb covered us. A few weeks ago I moved to an Eir payg phone sim in the router when they stated offering fair usage all you can eat data for €20 a month. I guess this new gomo.ie could work very well for me in the router as it should give the same speeds as they use the Eir network. Anyone know yet if the Eir Apn works with the Gomo.ie sim in a router?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Bluefoam wrote: »
    iPhone users wouldn't be seen on a lesser brand of network. Vodafone is the best, because they are the most expensive.

Did somebody piss in your cornflakes this morning lol are we still doing that whole iPhone users are the elite jokes a smartphone is a smartphone everyone has there preferences they are all good nowadays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

So is the consensus that this isn't €9.99 for your lifetime, but rather €9.99 per contract lifetime, which is 30 days rolling? Very misleading advertising if so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

You are charged per calendar month, not the day you sign up?

So if you sign up on Oct 31, you pay 9.99 for just 1 day? That's rough!

But if you sign up today and choose your change date as Nov 1 then you avoid the Oct fee.

I'm on the 25euro VM 30 day contract, so need to give them my month notice anyway

You'll be out into a billing cycle, today it's likely to be the 25th of every month.

If you're on a 30 day contract you don't have to give a months notice. You paid for a month in advance in the beginning so you will be due a portion of that back to you (as long as you've been on the contract more than 30 days)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Signed up anyways will see how goes Friday was the nearest day for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

biggebruv wrote: »
    Did somebody piss in your cornflakes this morning lol are we still doing that whole iPhone users are the elite jokes a smartphone is a smartphone everyone has there preferences they are all good nowadays

*their

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

gooner99 wrote: »
    I had a eir/meteor payg mobile data sim in a mobile router, 50gb 30 day for €30. Most months the 50gb covered us. A few weeks ago I moved to an Eir payg phone sim in the router when they stated offering fair usage all you can eat data for €20 a month. I guess this new gomo.ie could work very well for me in the router as it should give the same speeds as they use the Eir network. Anyone know yet if the Eir Apn works with the Gomo.ie sim in a router?

Probably - was the same with meteor/eir so I can't see them being any different

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

If you signup for this and port your number, do you need to tell your previous provider that you're moving? Assuming you're on a rolling 30 day contract.

Tusky wrote: »
    If you signup for this and port your number, do you need to tell your previous provider that you're moving? Assuming you're on a rolling 30 day contract.

No, I've changed many times, it's done by verifying an SMS

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Tusky wrote: »

I might be wrong but I think when the port of the number happens you pay the balance on the last bill and it closes automatically.

• Tusky wrote: »

You do indeed.

You need to give 30 days notice on those rolling contracts.

You do indeed.

You need to give 30 days notice on those rolling contracts.

Rolling contacts are paid in advance so you can just leave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Without reading this whole thread, I always was told to stay away from MVNO networks (I live really in the middle of nowhere, I think Vodafone is the only usable network in about a 3km radius of the house). This would be a bad idea for me right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

I read it as a 30 day rolling contract. Just signed up but won't port number until tried and tested.

Great idea thanks. I’m doing exactly the same. Sign-up complete.

Bye Bye Vodafone. It’s been nice knowing you these last 25 years..... ever since my eircell 088

Without reading this whole thread, I always was told to stay away from MVNO networks (I live really in the middle of nowhere, I think Vodafone is the only usable network in about a 3km radius of the house). This would be a bad idea for me right?

It's going to have the same coverage as Eir/Meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

zeebre12 wrote: »
    I don't get this. What is a dual sim unlocked phone? How will this work with GoMo?
    It's a phone that will use 2 sim cards simultaneously and is not locked to any particular network. In general, you need to buy them directly from manufacturer or retailer rather than from a telecom service provider. Google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

MVNO are usually on old o2 network which is pure junk. Eir used to be MVNO on meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Tempting but ill pass, lasted with Eir for 2 weeks before moving to 3 due to non existent phone and customer service and im fairly happy with them. Hopefully this causes other telecom operators to reduce prices

• Registered Users Posts: 43,885 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Only moved to Three again from Vodafone earlier this year.. but this was too good to pass up!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Mr.S wrote: »
    Customer Service might be the area that suffers most.

Dont think you can actually get worse than Eir customer care so that wont be an issue for me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Dont think you can actually get worse than Eir customer care so that wont be an issue for me:D

Personally never had a problem with Eir mobile customer service. Never . Needed to phone then about 3 times in 10 years and not once an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭deisedude

I bought my current phone with Vodafone. I'm assuming I have to get that unlocked for the SIM to work

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement