Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

Do you keep all apps and contact numbers etc when changing over?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

lola85 wrote: »
    Do you keep all apps and contact numbers etc when changing over?

Yes, unless you save contacts on your SIM card, which isn't really done that often anymore. The beauty of Google is that it centralises all of your data in the cloud so it's not device dependant

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Set up 3 accounts today , all billing details etc acknowledged. I got emails to 2 of the accounts confirming but the 3rd one no email, tried to register the email address used to set up the account no email with a link used the forgot email option to send a text verification no code received.

The first 2 all is ok.!!! Any ideas

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

No, they bill on the 1st of the month and pull from your card 7 days after that.

I must've misunderstood, then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Set up 3 accounts today , all billing details etc acknowledged. I got emails to 2 of the accounts confirming but the 3rd one no email, tried to register the email address used to set up the account no email with a link used the forgot email option to send a text verification no code received.

The first 2 all is ok.!!! Any ideas
    You can have two SIM cards on each account... Each account needs an individual card associated with a separate email address...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Bluefoam wrote: »
    You can have two SIM cards on each account... Each account needs an individual card associated with a separate email address...

How do you apply for a second sim/account?

Do you just signup again using your original details or is there somewhere within your on-line account to do it?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Is the Max contact capacity for modern day sims still 250 or have things improved on that front?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 30 walaw

Hi, has anyone been able to resolve the issue with not getting any emails from Gomo because of the Microsoft account (Hotmail, outlook, etc.) they used to register?
    Since ordering SIM I have not received any email and it does not send the verification link when I try to register for an online account.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Twister2

No, that is genuinely not a routine thing to request.

Was a simple matter years ago to block international and premium calls and texts outside of a plan

Don't see why it would be anymore complicated now

Maybe another poster has a different view

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Is the Max contact capacity for modern day sims still 250 or have things improved on that front?

People still store contacts on Sims?!

• Advertisement

Pacifico wrote: »

I dumped all mine onto the sim I had before moving to GoMo so I could throw it in a drawer for backup without having to rely on the cloud. Treated the old sim as storage if you will, like a little pen drive.

You could also keep the old sim in your wallet or purse, in the event you lost your phone or some other disaster befell you, you could stick it in any other phone to get numbers you might need to contact (assuming you couldn't remember them).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Twister2

Anyone can have a different view... It's not common practice to only accept some parts of a contract and ask the provider to exclude certain other parts.

I'm not aware of any network where this has been common practice.

Are you familiar at all with getting services excluded or what at you basing your reply on

It seems like your just expressing an opinion as fact

Like I said , it always been a simple phone call to have premium and international stuff excluded, I've literally done it loads of times,just asking specifically in relation to GoMo

Pacifico wrote: »

The latest smart phones still offer the option to show contacts stored on phone, Sim or both. As the sim is a storage device I see no problem with keeping contacts on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Embrace the cloud, my gadget man.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Guys, this thread is massive already without discussion of contacts storage, the mobile forum is there for a detailed discussion on that.

Mobile mod hat on - its best not to use the sim, because it has limits on the amount on contacts, wont hold other details like address, or email etc. Phone/cloud storage avoids this risk, while can be backed up and stored easily if the phone is lost/damaged etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Does anyone have the APN settings for gomo? I ported over at midday but have no data since.

Does anyone have the APN settings for gomo? I ported over at midday but have no data since.

Click the link to FAQ in the first post.

APN details are posted in it.

lighthouse wrote: »
    I ported last Friday. My 085 number is shown here.

Is the original 085 GoMo number still showing in your on-line account or has it changed to the number you ported?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

So the number initially programed to the sim stays with the sim memory regardless?

That's what's on my phone anyway. Doesn't make any practical difference so not bothered about it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

So the number initially programed to the sim stays with the sim memory regardless?

When you port your number actually doesn't change. They just map your "ported" number to the SIMs original number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Is the original 085 GoMo number still showing in your on-line account or has it changed to the number you ported?

085 number was here but changed to my original number after portation, not sure that is a word however :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 OutOnHighway61

walaw wrote: »
    Hi, has anyone been able to resolve the issue with not getting any emails from Gomo because of the Microsoft account (Hotmail, outlook, etc.) they used to register?
    Since ordering SIM I have not received any email and it does not send the verification link when I try to register for an online account.....

Exactly this happened to my order 2 weeks ago. I created an account with a gmail email. I ordered 1 sim. The order seemed to go through successfully. 9.99 came off my visa. But... I received no confirmation email from gomo and could not register on the website. I contacted gomo via the web chat option and they said they had no order for my details. They said 9.99 taken from my visa would be reversed once their system realised there was a payment but no valid order. This hasn't happened yet. I will presumably shortly have to start a dispute with visa to get the 9.99 returned. I recommend you contact gomo, see what they say to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

This is something that should be in FAQ thread.

On my phone it shows as 085 number and if I restart my phone it still ask for my sim pin number for the 085 number.

I just copy it.

Jeff2 wrote: »

On my phone it shows as 085 number and if I restart my phone it still ask for my sim number for the 085 number.

I just copy it.

You can change the sim pin back to what it was in the security settings of your phone.

Jeff2 wrote: »

On my phone it shows as 085 number and if I restart my phone it still ask for my sim pin number for the 085 number.

I just copy it.

I'm not sure what issue you mean?

On android devices, you cant get the sim number but that is nothing to do with the sim pin. You can change the sim pin or disable it via the security settings.

On iPhone, you can change the number.

ED E wrote: »
    When you port your number actually doesn't change. They just map your "ported" number to the SIMs original number.

So is it like a re-direct or call forwarding process?

So theoretically every user ever who ported a number actually has two numbers assigned to their account? Neither of which can be recycled (as they do state side) for the working life of those numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Davy wrote: »
    I'm not sure what issue you mean?

On android devices, you cant get the sim number but that is nothing to do with the sim pin. You can change the sim pin or disable it via the security settings.

On iPhone, you can change the number.

And still showing as 085 on phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

According to media reports on the radio today, there well on there way to 100k customers. They did this in both France and Italy and deal only lasted a couple of weeks. Get in quick folks as its a life deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭wolf9

Exactly this happened to my order 2 weeks ago. I created an account with a gmail email. I ordered 1 sim. The order seemed to go through successfully. 9.99 came off my visa. But... I received no confirmation email from gomo and could not register on the website. I contacted gomo via the web chat option and they said they had no order for my details. They said 9.99 taken from my visa would be reversed once their system realised there was a payment but no valid order. This hasn't happened yet. I will presumably shortly have to start a dispute with visa to get the 9.99 returned. I recommend you contact gomo, see what they say to you.

My first order seemed to crash at payment stage , i got no text or email confirmation, but 9.99 was taken from account, I contacted them and they said order hadnt processed and payment would reverse, which it did in about 4 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Correct so I ordered 5 SIM cards but no confirmation etc for 2 of them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement