Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Twister2 wrote: »

Like I said , it always been a simple phone call to have premium and international stuff excluded, I've literally done it loads of times,just asking specifically in relation to GoMo

Have you tried asking GoMo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Twister2

.BrianJM wrote: »
    Have you tried asking GoMo?

How lol I was on the websh1te couldn't see an option

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Curious as to the source of the APN posted in the FAQS on page 1

It states - data.mymeteor.ie

I asked the question through GoMo chat yesterday and they said the APN was data.myeirmobile.ie

Strange they would use a Meteor APN considering it's long since dead.

Doesn't seem to matter which is used going by some posts here.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

How lol I was on the websh1te couldn't see an option

gomo.ie/contact/

There's also a facebook page but I haven't looked at it.
    Also @gomoirelandcare on Twitter which seems to give a reasonable response time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I ordered second sim on 19th not here yet

But like others I didn't port my main number so all good.

Qnce the site is up change the card that is being charged to one that can't be changed.

If you fail to pay you will be charged €5.

• Advertisement

Jeff2 wrote: »

Qnce the site is up change the card that is being charged to one that can't be changed.

Can you answer this for me Jeff2?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Jeff2 wrote: »

Maybe it's because of the late hour, but I don't get what you are trying to say here. Why order a second sim & then don't want to pay for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

TheDriver wrote: »
    Check you have an APN setup. It should automatically be there but not always.

I do and GoMo sim was working perfectly with the temporary number as soon as my number ported all data lost

No response so far, might have to complain to comreg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Oige1981 wrote: »
    My iPhone was the same ported perfectly except the data - went onto boards typed in APN GoMo found the link for settings took about 10 seconds and working perfect. For €9.99 I’m still in shock that I can call who ever I want - surf and not have to worry about anything it’s seriously amazing! I had tested the sim for 5 days previous to porting my own number.

Shure I did that first but still no joy

99nsr125 wrote: »
    Shure I did that first but still no joy

Did you toggle flight mode on & then off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

So you are saying that you still have the same number you originally authenticated with (after porting it) & BOI won't accept it?

That would mean anyone changing providers will have to physically go to the bank to re-authenticate even though they didn't have to go there when they originally authenticated.

I wonder what others who ported who are with other banks experienced?

Any more info on this? I don't understand why this would need to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭daheff

i don't seem to be able to port my number. I go to the page on their site, add in all the details, press the confirm button and nothing happens....like its a dead button. anybody else have similar problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Connrang

Good morning,
    So when I saw the post by the Op I said its worth a try. Ordered my SIM and setup the account online. Money gone from my account immediately. 4-5 days later a mobile number appeared on the account and about 2 days later a SIM arrived. As it was the Bank Holiday weekend I decided to hold off porting my number across and set it up for 30 at 0715. Checked at 0730 and no signal on my old SIM, changed the SIM to the new GoMo and up and running. I did have a reason to contact them by email and was expecting to have to wait and wait for a reply, but surprised to get a reply within 10 mins and answered the question perfectly. I will now arrange to set the wife on another account.
    Last year I was paying about €75 to two providers for two phones, next week it will be €20, that is not bad.
    Tested the internet speed yesterday, 57.8 Mb down and 15.6 Mb up.
    Hope this helps others with decisions....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,843 ✭✭✭billyhead

I have ported over with my new Sim. I am on the right APN but I am not getting a connection to the internet. I can receive calls. I haven't tried making a call out yet. Any idea why I cant connect to the internet? I am using an Android operating system.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Think I'd wait and see what the other networks do now

I wouldn't be jumping into bed with Eir in a hurry

30 days rolling contract.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

billyhead wrote: »
    I have ported over with my new Sim. I am on the right APN but I am not getting a connection to the internet. I can receive calls. I haven't tried making a call out yet. Any idea why I cant connect to the internet? I am using an Android operating system.

OS isnt a huge thing for connecting to the internet. Half the world is running wit hAndroid phone.
    Make and type of phone might be of more importance.

Many pages back someone with a redmi 5 found out here why he couldnt get 4g at times for example.

Does my bill automatically switch to gomo when I swap numbers or do I need to cancel direct debit with eir?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Does my bill automatically switch to gomo when I swap numbers or do I need to cancel direct debit with eir?
    Cancel with EIR.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 karthus

Hello All,

Anyone out there with order on 16/10 but still haven't got their sim. I was able to contact chat yesterday who acknowledged the delay and said that shouldn't be the case, so promised a straight escalation. Technically it will be 10 working days now.
    Not sure how they will bill for November, will they bill me from Nov 1st? They can't, can they?

Thanks

KOR101 wrote: »
    Cancel with EIR.

They won't let me log in now. It says my e-mail address is invalid. It was working two weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,843 ✭✭✭billyhead

inforfun wrote: »
    OS isnt a huge thing for connecting to the internet. Half the world is running wit hAndroid phone.
    Make and type of phone might be of more importance.

Many pages back someone with a redmi 5 found out here why he couldnt get 4g at times for example.

Hi, Its a Sony Xperia phone. I have data roaming enabled and still no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭keos

No need to cancel anything with eir.
    You'll start getting your invoices from gomo once you move number to them.
    After you move number to gomo, you'll receive a final invoice from eir which will be paid by direct debit (in case there is anything due. Could be a refund as well)

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Delboy5

sioda wrote: »
    FYI if you port over and bank with BOI you will have to get your number reauthorised for texting verification bit of a pita

I'm with BOI and am due to port over to Gomo.
    How did you become aware that your number would need reauthorised?
    And can any branch of BOI do it?

Anyone more info on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

Has anybody recently used their chat feature? Anytime I use it I just see this

Hello! Next available customer representative will be with you shortly.

But nobody ever joins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

jmorrisey wrote: »
    Any more info on this? I don't understand why this would need to happen

Seems to be just a BOI thing. Worst of the banks in Ireland imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

hi

the mother lost the pin to her sim. and shes locked out of her phone. what do i do to retrieve it. i have access to her online ac on gomo but its not giving me her pin on it?

edit i found it

it is available online

I've got two SIMs on my account but in a couple of months I might need to just keep one alive (i.e. only use for recieving calls occasionally) so will only need to pay the €10 for one of the SIMs. Can anybody think of a solution for this unusual situation?

hi

the mother lost the pin to her sim. and shes locked out of her phone. what do i do to retrieve it. i have access to her online ac on gomo but its not giving me her pin on it?

If you go into 'account details' on her online account it should have the original PIN and PUK details there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

jakdublin wrote: »
    If you go into 'account details' on her online account it should have the original PIN and PUK details there.

thank u i found it, i should of looked harder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭CH3OH

r0chf0rt wrote: »
    Has anybody recently used their chat feature? Anytime I use it I just see this

Hello! Next available customer representative will be with you shortly.

But nobody ever joins.
    I just used it there in the last 10 mnutes. Took about 5 minutes .
    There was a lot of copy and paste in the replies.

I was told to leave phone off for 10 minutes and try again to see if port completed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement