Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Porting was set for this 9am this morning. Eir SIM died 9am sharp, stuck in the Gomo SIM, restarted and my number and everything seem to be working perfectly right away.

Could not have been any easier!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

jakdublin wrote: »
    I've got two SIMs on my account but in a couple of months I might need to just keep one alive (i.e. only use for recieving calls occasionally) so will only need to pay the €10 for one of the SIMs. Can anybody think of a solution for this unusual situation?

Give the SIM to someone who wants it and get them to send €10 to your account every month?

Or, get a wireless router/modem that will take a SIM and put it into that for Internet at home?

All the best,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I've got two SIMs on my account but in a couple of months I might need to just keep one alive (i.e. only use for recieving calls occasionally) so will only need to pay the €10 for one of the SIMs. Can anybody think of a solution for this unusual situation?

Just request cancellation of the second SIM

https://gomo.ie/when-you-leave/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Just request cancellation of the second SIM

https://gomo.ie/when-you-leave/

You know what, I looked there and didn't see that last item. Thanks Ten Pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Give it to someone in need...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Give it to someone in need...

Can't. Need to keep the number to recieve occasional work related calls but won't be using it for anything else so no point in paying the tenner a month. From what I can gather, I can cancel the SIM by contacting GoMo but I'd assume that the number will continue and I'll be charged whatever the standard rates are if I wanted to make a call. I'll double check with them when the time comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

To clarify, if you cancel the second SIM, it'll be disconnected, and you won't be able to use it at all.

If you need a number for occasional calls, just get a PAYG SIM from VF, 3, Tesco etc. Gomo isn't PAYG so to keep a number active requires paying 9.99 every month. If you just give the SIM away, you'll still have to pay every month...unless it's cancelled and then it's of no use to anyone.

Also, if you give away an active SIM, you'll be paying their usage bill for out of plan charges eg premium SMS, international calls etc

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Porting was set for this 9am this morning. Eir SIM died 9am sharp, stuck in the Gomo SIM, restarted and my number and everything seem to be working perfectly right away.

Could not have been any easier!
    I had a similar experience last Saturday morning..No hassle whatsoever moving from Eir..

Can't. Need to keep the number to recieve occasional work related calls but won't be using it for anything else so no point in paying the tenner a month. From what I can gather, I can cancel the SIM by contacting GoMo but I'd assume that the number will continue and I'll be charged whatever the standard rates are if I wanted to make a call. I'll double check with them when the time comes.

That doesnt seem to make sense. You need the number, but don't want to pay a tenner for it?

To have a number, you must have some sort of network connection... therefore you need to pay someone...

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

Currently Eir customer . Ordered on the 15th October . Still have not received sim but got a text this morning saying my port will be on 1st November ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 karthus

Gonad wrote: »
    Currently Eir customer . Ordered on the 15th October . Still have not received sim but got a text this morning saying my port will be on 1st November ?

I am in a similar situation, ordered on 16th, no sim yet. Got a txt on 18th saying they are moving my port date to sync with delivery (no indication of what date though.... I had it as 23rd Oct with my initial order). I was on with chat yesterday enquiring about the delay and also confirmed there is no active porting request, to make sure my current service with VM is not suspended. You better clarify your case as you haven't got your SIM yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

ordered 2 SIMS a few weeks ago with numbers ported from vodafone and both have been working seamlessly. One took 24 hours to allow outbound calling but beyond that very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

By the way, phoned Eir yesterday for some advice, spoke to two people after holding for ages, was told two different things, both wrong, went into an Eir shop last night and a very knowledgeable woman explained everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

By the way, phoned Eir yesterday for some advice, spoke to two people after holding for ages, was told two different things, both wrong, went into an Eir shop last night and a very knowledgeable woman explained everything.

What was your query?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Gooser14

sioda wrote: »
    FYI if you port over and bank with BOI you will have to get your number reauthorised for texting verification bit of a pita

What is your source of this information? There is nothing, that I can see, on the BoI website about the need to re-authorise the ported number. The only reference that I can see is to changing ones number.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Dannyman76

Is there a way to cancel my account without waiting for customer service to respond?

Is there an easy way to cancel my contract without having to wait for a response from customer service?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is it 80gb data per month ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Dannyman76 wrote: »
    Is there an easy way to cancel my contract without having to wait for a response from customer service?

This is the way i done it,no other way as far as i know ,just have to wait 24hrs for them to reply.

https://gomo.ie/contact/

Why did you call eir?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭keos

port your number to a different operator

keos wrote: »
    port your number to a different operator
    I still have my old number active, was trying out Gomo before porting

I still have my old number active, was trying out Gomo before porting

then I'd say the only way is contacting gomo directly

fryup wrote: »

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Ported this morning. All working grand so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Hi guys, I took GoMo and the number will be ported next month, 12.11.19 (i did receive the SIM)
    Will I be charged the monthly rate from 12.11 , or straightaway.

suave.4u wrote: »
    Hi guys, I took GoMo and the number will be ported next month, 12.11.19 (i did receive the SIM)
    Will I be charged the monthly rate from 12.11 , or straightaway.

straightaway (from the date your gomo service was activated)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Technically yes, but you can go over that without charge. If you do exceed the 80GB they (GoMo) will simply throttle your speeds until the start of your next billing period which is the first of every month.

Example, if you exceeded the 80GB on the 25th of any month you would be on reduced speed until the 1st of the next month.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Of course it is. What other possible alternative were you thinking it could be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Partner ported this morning. Number went dead at selected time, took about 15 mins for ported number to work on GOMO SIM. All working fine then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement