Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

Ordered two SIMS for my kids this morning as it'll halve my current spend on their phones while giving them a much larger data allowance (currently on 25gb a month). However as they're pay as you go with Eir at the moment, I don't have an account number which the GoMo website says I need to port their numbers? Anyone ported a pay as you go number to GoMo and what did you need?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

D13exile wrote: »
    Ordered two SIMS for my kids this morning as it'll halve my current spend on their phones while giving them a much larger data allowance (currently on 25gb a month). However as they're pay as you go with Eir at the moment, I don't have an account number which the GoMo website says I need to port their numbers? Anyone ported a pay as you go number to GoMo and what did you need?

thanks

Chose Prepay Registered when porting.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 stovecoal

Ported from prepaid Tesco Mobile yesterday. Reception at home is not as good but outside it's much better than Tesco.

On Gomo at home I mainly get 3G with a single bar and I might get 3Mbps download. Outside I am getting 4G and downloads up to 50Mbps.

I have a Motorola Moto G4 and I have noticed that when I turn off WiFi on the phone, reception changes from 3G to a low 4G. I am getting an improvement of up to 8Mbps in this case.

I have Virgin Media for broadband. Just wondering is it possible that my WiFi is interfering with the Gomo signal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Bluefoam wrote: »
    That doesnt seem to make sense. You need the number, but don't want to pay a tenner for it?

To have a number, you must have some sort of network connection... therefore you need to pay someone...

If you're on PAYG you can have a number active and just pay standard rates if you need to make a call. You just need to top up every so often. Tin Pin has pointed out that GoMo isn't PAYG so if I cancel the SIM the number will go. I'll talk to them at the time (hopefully they won't be as busy!) to see can they do anything or otherwise I'll port it to a PAYG operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Shamboo1801

Cancelled my account after a week test run. Was getting little over 1, compared to 16 with tesco. Unfortunate as it seems like a great deal. Credit where it's due though, the cancellation was faster than the data.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

My GoMo experience:
    - Ordered on Friday 18 October.
    - Sim arrived on Monday 28 October.
    - Port occurred on Wednesday 30 October.
    - Port was scheduled for 10 AM, occurred at 10:30 AM and took 5 minutes.
    - Good reception in work in the city center.
    - Good reception at home in the D2 area.
    - Calls working fine.
    - Saving over 120 EUR per year versus Three PAYG.

Overall good experience so far. Just a long wait for the sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Only able to get Edge connectivity in the IFSC.

And even at that it's not even working..

Anyone else having issues in DCC? Any outages? Few more days like this and I'll be cancelling!

Cancelled my account after a week test run. Was getting little over 1, compared to 16 with tesco. Unfortunate as it seems like a great deal. Credit where it's due though, the cancellation was faster than the data.

Yea but what are you doing on your phone that requires you to have 16Mbps download? Nothing i would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Yea but what are you doing on your phone that requires you to have 16Mbps download? Nothing i would imagine.

Well you need greater than 5mbps to watch sports/live tv on phone so 1 mbps wouldnt be sufficient

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Dannyman76 wrote: »
    I still have my old number active, was trying out Gomo before porting

Pick up a random PAYG SIM and port the GOMO number to it.

• Advertisement

stovecoal wrote: »
    Ported from prepaid Tesco Mobile yesterday. Reception at home is not as good but outside it's much better than Tesco.

On Gomo at home I mainly get 3G with a single bar and I might get 3Mbps download. Outside I am getting 4G and downloads up to 50Mbps.

I have a Motorola Moto G4 and I have noticed that when I turn off WiFi on the phone, reception changes from 3G to a low 4G. I am getting an improvement of up to 8Mbps in this case.

I have Virgin Media for broadband. Just wondering is it possible that my WiFi is interfering with the Gomo signal?

If your phone is connected to WiFi, it has absolutely no need to be on 4G as it only uses that for data. That would explain why it falls back to 3G. Same as happens when you make/receive calls.

jakdublin wrote: »
    If you're on PAYG you can have a number active and just pay standard rates if you need to make a call. You just need to top up every so often. Tin Pin has pointed out that GoMo isn't PAYG so if I cancel the SIM the number will go. I'll talk to them at the time (hopefully they won't be as busy!) to see can they do anything or otherwise I'll port it to a PAYG operator.

With Three PAYG, you don't even need to top up every so often to keep a SIM active. I have one that hasn't been topped up in a few years and it's still active. Best option is to just port that SIM out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Quackster wrote: »
    With Three PAYG, you don't even need to top up every so often to keep a SIM active. I have one that hasn't been topped up in a few years and it's still active. Best option is to just port that SIM out.

Your wrong.

A three sim dies if unused for 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Same here! As long as some texts are sent to it from webtext even and a few incoming calls now and again it seems to stay active!!

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Your wrong.

A three sim dies if unused for 6 months

I'm pretty sure that it's just unused credit that disappears after six months, but open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Shamboo1801

A lot of streaming so I would have settled on 5-10. 1 is just not acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

A lot of streaming so I would have settled on 5-10. 1 is just not acceptable.

What location were you in?

I'm pretty sure that it's just unused credit that disappears after six months, but open to correction.

Correct. If you don't make a chargeable use at least once every six months, your remaining credit is reduced to zero.

But your SIM remains active for incoming service indefinitely in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Correct. If you don't make a chargeable use at least once every six months, your remaining credit is reduced to zero.

But your SIM remains active for incoming service indefinitely in my experience.

I thought exactly the same! Have an O2 SIM for years as well and never topped it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

After porting, my voicemail won't work, says invalid no. Anyone have similar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

Happened me. 13 days later still trying to get them to sort it. Complaint lodged with comreg over them. Gomo couldn’t care less.

Did you get this sorted yet? I am three days now unable to receive calls or texts and they are more or less uncontactable! I have gotten onto Virgin Mobile to see if they can reverse the port.

Did you get this sorted yet? I am three days now unable to receive calls or texts and they are more or less uncontactable! I have gotten onto Virgin Mobile to see if they can reverse the port.

I've not heard of one case of that being possible

Happened me. 13 days later still trying to get them to sort it. Complaint lodged with comreg over them. Gomo couldn’t care less.

Is there any way of engaging Gomo other than chat?

Their chat support must have said something!?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

lawred2 wrote: »

email, chat, support form submission, twitter, facebook messanger...

Their chat support was infuriating, they wanted the numbers, dates and times of when i couldn't receive calls or texts! in the end they have 'escalated it' but that will take a number of working days

Bluefoam wrote: »
    email, chat, support form submission, twitter, facebook messanger...

contacted them via facebook and twitter on wed morning both came back this morning asking have i tried turning the phone off and on. Replied immediately and no response since

they are a joke

contacted them via facebook and twitter on wed morning both came back this morning asking have i tried turning the phone off and on. Replied immediately and no response since

they are a joke

oooof

I ported in minutes but my wife is set up for porting next week. Honestly I couldn't bear the grief I'd get if her number went awol...

It was me that added her number to my account. It would just something that would happen to her (me)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

oooof

I ported in minutes but my wife is set up for porting next week. Honestly I couldn't bear the grief I'd get if her number went awol...

It was me that added her number to my account. It would just something that would happen to her (me)

I've asked this but nobody seems to want to say!

Did your 2nd sim for your wife appear in your GoMo online account, as in, are both sims listed when you log into GoMo or do you have two online GoMo accounts?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

Anyone having problem with gmail emails? every since I ported over last weekend having emails stuck in my outbox - never had this issue with Vodafone

Using mobile data and stuck in outbox turned on roaming and then were sent but never had to do this with Vodafone

also does anyone know how to check how much data you have used?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭BowWow

Cuttlefish wrote: »
    Anyone having problem with gmail emails? every since I ported over last weekend having emails stuck in my outbox - never had this issue with Vodafone

On Gomo 2 weeks now, no issues with gmail.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement