Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

TheDriver wrote: »
    After porting, my voicemail won't work, says invalid no. Anyone have similar?

Yeah, happened to me. Just be patient, it will work eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭BowWow

Cuttlefish wrote: »
    does anyone know how to check how much data you have used?

Asked and answered countless times in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dfarrelly96

I've asked this but nobody seems to want to say!

Did your 2nd sim for your wife appear in your GoMo online account, as in, are both sims listed when you log into GoMo or do you have two online GoMo accounts?

My parents registered both their numbers in one account and both numbers are showing in the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I've asked this but nobody seems to want to say!

Did your 2nd sim for your wife appear in your GoMo online account, as in, are both sims listed when you log into GoMo or do you have two online GoMo accounts?

two numbers in the one account

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

5 family members have ported now without any major issues... My mother is now waiting for her Vodafone contract to expire (in the distant future), then she'll move over too.

Very impressed so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

BowWow wrote: »
    On Gomo 2 weeks now, no issues with gmail.

Cheers, am getting some emails but If i sent one to myself sits in the outbox never ever had problems with Vodafone

BowWow wrote: »
    Asked and answered countless times in this thread.

And how or do I have to trawl through the thread?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Not quite sure why people would be signing up this late in the month tbh, wait and sign up tomorrow and then your 9.99 activation fee covers you through to the 1st December.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Cheers, am getting some emails but If i sent one to myself sits in the outbox never ever had problems with Vodafone

Check your Gmail settings. Sounds like your outgoing server is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Crank Stain

I'm watching this with interest as the offer seems too good to be true.

I'm on RTG at €20 a month and I'm reluctant to sign up to this offer, I can't incurr extra charges or avail of extra services outside my package, and I'm happy with that, my phone will only ever cost €20 a month.

The Gomo T&C's on the other hand have a few pages worth of extra charges that will arise when you avail of a service outside your plan, you dont seem to be prevented from doing so, as I am on RTG.

I'd be intersted in feedback in the future from anyone who has signed up and has had a few months worth of bills, to see if it's possible to avail of the service for €9.99 a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I'm on RTG at €20 a month and I'm reluctant to sign up to this offer, I can't incurr extra charges or avail of extra services outside my package, and I'm happy with that, my phone will only ever cost €20 a month.

The Gomo T&C's on the other hand have a few pages worth of extra charges that will arise when you avail of a service outside your plan, you dont seem to be prevented from doing so, as I am on RTG.

I'd be intersted in feedback in the future from anyone who has signed up and has had a few months worth of bills, to see if it's possible to avail of the service for €9.99 a month.

Max bill is €30. I think you can block premium numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Yeh, that would be the polite thing to do... save someone else doing the hard work for you... I don't want to use the words lazy, or entitled... but...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Everyone who signed up will receive their first bill (after the initial signup activation charge) tomorrow.

You would want to be pretty reckless to allow yourself to be caught with those out of bundle charges once you are aware of how they are incurred.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Of course it's possible to avail of the service for a €10 a month. It's like any bill pay plan, just don't use it outside of your allowance and you won't get charged any extra.

Of course it's possible to avail of the service for a €10 a month. It's like any bill pay plan, just don't use it outside of your allowance and you won't get charged any extra.

Agreed, and even if you were caught out during a drunken bank holiday long weekend & threw all caution to the wind? GoMo restrict any over spend to a Max of €30 so I doubt you would need to enlist the services of MABS :D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Yeh, that would be the polite thing to do... save someone else doing the hard work for you... I don't want to use the words lazy, or entitled... but...

Yerra it took seconds to answer. The 'polite thing' might actually be not to pick a fight.

Bluefoam wrote: »

Come here mate was just asking OK two hundred pages of a thread

Not being lazy OK so get off your high horse

GoMo state that if you want to use Data outside the EU, you can purchase a 1GB Data add on.

If you did actually want that? Where do you buy it & how much does it cost?

The link they provide for further details doesn't seem to have any option regarding it.

39acc6b6ab.JPG

https://gomo.ie/pricing/

If nobody is polite enough, unwilling or unable to answer your question? There is an option at the top of each page called "Search this Thread" (see Pic)

fcc727fec9.JPG

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

I think I saw something about crazy roaming charges regarding data , stateside . Signed up anyway .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Szero

My wife and myself have now ported over, no issues at all, huge saving over Vodafone.

I now want to port over the kids, who are aged 14 and 16. I see you have to be 18 to register so how have people registered their kids? Do I need to do it in my name? I would prefer if it was in their name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Max bill is €30

AIUI the max out of plan charge is 30 so the max bill is potentially 39.99

https://gomo.ie/billing-usage-and-payment/
    Why can’t I make a chargeable call?

We have an out of bundle cap of €30. This means you can spend up to €30 on charges that are not included in your bundle. This includes Premium Rate Services such as 1890/1850 numbers, any non-standard text messages, roaming over the EU cap, roaming outside the EU and international calls and texts. We have this limit to protect our customers. If you cannot make a chargeable call you may have reached this limit. You will not be able to incur any more out of bundle charges until after your next billing date.

Szero wrote: »
    My wife and myself have now ported over, no issues at all, huge saving over Vodafone.

I now want to port over the kids, who are aged 14 and 16. I see you have to be 18 to register so how have people registered their kids? Do I need to do it in my name? I would prefer if it was in their name.

For starters you are only allowed 2 sims per account under this offer so you will need to use another name and payment method to sort the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Anyone any ideas I set my number to port on Monday which being a bank hol seems to have caused issues. I used their contact form yesterday morning but no email or call back. Tried to cancel my port and it shows schedule now afterwards but if I try it tells me a port is in progress and if I go back to the page to cancel and hit it and refresh it just keeps telling me it is in progress :/

Lennyzip wrote: »
    I think I saw something about crazy roaming charges regarding data , stateside . Signed up anyway .

Roaming charges outside ones bundle are ridiculous regardless of which provider you are with.

When I'm away I normally buy a throw away sim for the country I'm in.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Anyone any ideas I set my number to port on Monday which being a bank hol seems to have caused issues. I used their contact form yesterday morning but no email or call back. Tried to cancel my port and it shows schedule now afterwards but if I try it tells me a port is in progress and if I go back to the page to cancel and hit it and refresh it just keeps telling me it is in progress :/

You can't stop it once it's in progress. Maybe try a DM to GoMo on twitter explaining you situation. It has happened to others here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Shamboo1801

cronos wrote:
    What location were you in?

Wicklow and Dublin

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Come here mate was just asking OK two hundred pages of a thread

Not being lazy OK so get off your high horse

There is a built-in search function which should help to prevent this petty squabbling.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,052 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

GoMo state that if you want to use Data outside the EU, you can purchase a 1GB Data add on.

Better value buying a local RTG sim in whatever country you visit outside of the EU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Vodafone vs gomo.

Half the price and better coverage happy out!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement