Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

.BrianJM wrote: »
    There is a built-in search function which should help to prevent this petty squabbling.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

O/H switched over on Tuesday, ported successfully but couldnt make calls or send texts, took 24 hrs and multiple reboots of her phone to get sorted
    Fast forward to tonight and once again unable to make calls/texts

This is getting ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Better value buying a local RTG sim in whatever country you visit outside of the EU.

I'm aware of that thanks & that's what I do.

I'm just curious as to this add on GoMo refer to because I can't see it anywhere on the site.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dfarrelly96

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Anyone any ideas I set my number to port on Monday which being a bank hol seems to have caused issues. I used their contact form yesterday morning but no email or call back. Tried to cancel my port and it shows schedule now afterwards but if I try it tells me a port is in progress and if I go back to the page to cancel and hit it and refresh it just keeps telling me it is in progress :/

My dad has been in the same boat, number started to port on Tuesday 8am, I've spent the past two days talking to customer support, they just keep telling me they will send an email regarding the issue, still waiting for said email. Pretty ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

anyone know where to check your usage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 walaw

Was scheduled to port at 17:00 but do far nothing, still have coverage on my current SIM. Got the text yesterday to say it would be happening today. From your experience any chance port could still happen or do I need to contact them?

walaw wrote: »
    Was scheduled to port at 17:00 but do far nothing, still have coverage on my current SIM. Got the text yesterday to say it would be happening today. From your experience any chance port could still happen or do I need to contact them?

If you log in does it say port in progress?

If you log in does it say port in progress?

Can't log on because unable to register. It does not send me link to activate account.....

Can't log on because unable to register. It does not send me link to activate account.....

Ah, that sucks. Maybe give it a while more, but most people I know including myself who successfully ported a number, it only took 15-30 minutes. If it's not done by tomorrow morning get in to support I guess, but they won't be much help unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭seven stars

Mine was scheduled to port yesterday but it didn't happen until today. Eventually your current (old) sim will stop working, at which point you'll know that the port has worked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Have you received any email correspondence from Gomo? Any email with no readable content?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Some of my gomo mails went to spam. You checked there?

I doubt that they didn't send you an activation email really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

My 5pm port from emobile business has not happened yet and it's now 8pm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,052 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

lawred2 wrote:

There is an issue for people with Microsoft email address like Hotmail I think. I know my wife hasn't been able to comp registration because no email received

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Shpongler

They do say it can take up to 24hrs. Mine took over 3 hours

Lissavane wrote: »
    Have you received any email correspondence from Gomo? Any email with no readable content?

No, nothing

lawred2 wrote: »
    Some of my gomo mails went to spam. You checked there?

Ya checked nothing in there

Mine was scheduled to port yesterday but it didn't happen until today. Eventually your current (old) sim will stop working, at which point you'll know that the port has worked.[/quote

Ok hopefully something will happen tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Lissavane wrote:

I had that problem with Outlook but was able to read it in Gmail. You could also copy & paste into a word document.

I've just used the "search this thread" function only to discover that you've already been advised by posters here that there are problems with registering using hotmail or outlook email addresses which you, apparently, have done. Contact Gomo and give them a gmail address

My original question was not about receiving emails

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

mine was due yesterday at 5pm it didnt happen until 8am this morning.they are obviously busy.hang in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Cuttlefish wrote: »
    Anyone having problem with gmail emails? every since I ported over last weekend having emails stuck in my outbox - never had this issue with Vodafone

Using mobile data and stuck in outbox turned on roaming and then were sent but never had to do this with Vodafone

also does anyone know how to check how much data you have used?

I had that problem with Lycamobile since earlier in the year (fine before that) but since changing to GoMo no problems. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭mraie

I have sent a week chasing them on a failed port, their support will have you running in a circle. Not a happy customer.

Folks, apologies if this has been answered already..... I signed up for this and my SIM arrived a few days ago. When placing the order I selected a port date (Thurs 31st) and entered current network details, etc.
    Several times since I have tried signing up for the online account (MyGoMo). I enter the email address I used when ordering the SIM and it says it will send me a link to activate the account. But the email never arrives - I have checked spam folder....
    Had anyone else had this problem?
    Will porting of number over go ahead of I have not successfully registered for the online account?
    My original question was not about receiving emails
    Yes, it was and several people have gone to the trouble of answering your repetitions ever since.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Lennyzip wrote: »
    I think I saw something about crazy roaming charges regarding data , stateside . Signed up anyway .

These crazy data charges aren’t much different to all the other operators so I dunno why people keep slating GoMo over their prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I'm aware of that thanks & that's what I do.

I'm just curious as to this add on GoMo refer to because I can't see it anywhere on the site.

It's interesting that it's on the site say it's an error on their part. It would be good if they were, but doubt they'd be offering 1GB of data outside the EU at any kind of a resonable rate. Doesn't feel like that would be a GoMo thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Escapees

Has anyone heard how many have signed up so far - just wondering if they might end the offer tonight, before Nov?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Escapees wrote: »
    Has anyone heard how many have signed up so far - just wondering if they might end the offer tonight, before Nov?

It won’t be ended tonight, this will definitely be continuing till January at least, no way they are going to let the Christmas market pass

Yes, it was and several people have gone to the trouble of answering your repetitions ever since.

My question today was about the port that was supposed to happen at 5 but didn't. When I was asked about the status online I explained that I had not set up an account because it appears I cannot receive emails.

• Advertisement

My question today was about the port that was supposed to happen at 5 but didn't. When I was asked about the status online I explained that I had not set up an account because it appears I cannot receive emails.
    Best of luck with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement