Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Customer service is kinda irrelevant as it’s a sim only plan. If you not happy move on. Technically you probably have to give 30 day notice.
    But Just sign up to another network and your done. New operator will cancel old one. Might be down a few quid as you did not give notice. But that should be it.

I have been sim only surfing for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Luckylow10

Does anyone know when the 14 day cooling off period starts? From order date? Or when you activate the SIM card?

Also, there is 9.99 activation fee is this In addition to the 9.99 bill payment that will happen on the 1st of the month?

How would that work- I buy sim today, and pay the 9.99 activation fee, then another 9.99 on the 1st November (for the month ahead) PLUS any usage that occurred from when I bought sim to 1st November?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Saying total monthly cost 19.98 when I go to checkout. Is it gone? Or is that just the first month including activation because it says total activation cost 19.98 aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Saying total monthly cost 19.98 when I go to checkout. Is it gone?

Did you add two Sims to your cart?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Did you add two Sims to your cart?

I'm an idiot! Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Luckylow10 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the 14 day cooling off period starts? From order date? Or when you activate the SIM card?

Also, there is 9.99 activation fee is this In addition to the 9.99 bill payment that will happen on the 1st of the month?

How would that work- I buy sim today, and pay the 9.99 activation fee, then another 9.99 on the 1st November (for the month ahead) PLUS any usage that occurred from when I bought sim to 1st November?

I assume you only start to get charged when the sim registers on their network, id be very surprised if its billed from the start of the month, Eir and Meteor always had 4 billing cycles in the month and you just got allocated the nearest billing date after you join the network and just pay the extra on a pro rata basis. I've requested a porting date of this Friday, so I guess ill see then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Without reading this whole thread, I always was told to stay away from MVNO networks (I live really in the middle of nowhere, I think Vodafone is the only usable network in about a 3km radius of the house). This would be a bad idea for me right?

No real way of knowing yet what they will be like. You could wait and see how others are getting on with them, I would guess the offer will be repackaged or extended, but the same offer. Or you could check their sister networks that are owned by the same owner. Freemobile.fr, iliad.it and online.net is their cloud computing company for reviews to check them.

<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was signing up for this earlier, but didn't go further than step two. I got the confirmation text to change over at the end of the month, does anybody know if that may still happen as I 'started the ball rolling' so to speak, or unlikely to do anything?

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I assume you only start to get charged when the sim registers on their network, id be very surprised if its billed from the start of the month, Eir and Meteor always had 4 billing cycles in the month and you just got allocated the nearest billing date after you join the network and just pay the extra on a pro rata basis. I've requested a porting date of this Friday, so I guess ill see then.

I’m pretty sure there is only 1 billing date and that’s the 1st of the month regardless of when u activate the card. I’m just wondering what the total initial
    Outlay (first mnth or so) will be and I’m thinking it could be 9.99 act fee+ 9.99 mnth advance + unbilled usage for previous mnth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

My sim has been dispatched for any of you worried about receiving before number ports

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭go4it

Usage outside of your inclusive allowances will be charged as follows:

Voicemail – Free
    Additional Minutes – 30c/Min
    SMS – 15c per SMS

Most of people don't know how much it's the network's cost to a call from one mobile network to another, within Ireland - MTR: 0.33 euro cents/min ( 0.0033 euro/min )
    To call a landline from a mobile FTR : 0.079 euro cents ( 0.00079 euro/min )
    For calls terminated within your network : virtual zero costs, since voice is actually data packets through your wires/wave

..just in case you're wondering why all network charge 30c/min outside 'the bundle' : because they can, and nobody stops them til next year , when EU will cap the tariffs...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

Customer service is kinda irrelevant as it’s a sim only plan. If you not happy move on. Technically you probably have to give 30 day notice.
    But Just sign up to another network and your done. New operator will cancel old one. Might be down a few quid as you did not give notice. But that should be it.

I have been sim only surfing for years.

If you sign an 18 month contract, at the end of your contract, do you have to give 18 months notice? No. You are out of contract, same with the 30 day contract after 1 month.
    You don't have to give any notice

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭patrickmrogan

Is eir/meteor coverage about equal to tesco/48?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I’m pretty sure there is only 1 billing date and that’s the 1st of the month regardless of when u activate the card. I’m just wondering what the total initial
    Outlay (first mnth or so) will be and I’m thinking it could be 9.99 act fee+ 9.99 mnth advance + unbilled usage for previous mnth.

I honestly would be very surprised if this is the case, we'll soon see I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Mr.S wrote: »
    Nice, this will for sure cause some chaos in the mobile operator space in Ireland - €10 will likely become the new €20.

Unless you roam frequently outside of the EU, there is no reason to not go with this MVNO.

There's a very good reason I won't be going for it - Eir coverage is pretty much non-existent where I need it most. Where I did have coverage call quality was often poor. People switching from Vodafone should hold off on porting their number until they're sure they can actually use their phone.

There's a very good reason I won't be going for it - Eir coverage is pretty much non-existent where I need it most. Where I did have coverage call quality was often poor. People switching from Vodafone should hold off on porting their number until they're sure they can actually use their phone.

I think there's no arguing that Vodafone have the best coverage, but I think for the price and about 80% of people it's worth a punt

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

go4it wrote: »
    Usage outside of your inclusive allowances will be charged as follows:

Voicemail – Free
    Additional Minutes – 30c/Min
    SMS – 15c per SMS

Most of people don't know how much it's the network's cost to a call from one mobile network to another, within Ireland - MTR: 0.33 euro cents/min ( 0.0033 euro/min )
    To call a landline from a mobile FTR : 0.079 euro cents ( 0.00079 euro/min )
    For calls terminated within your network : virtual zero costs, since voice is actually data packets through your wires/wave

..just in case you're wondering why all network charge 30c/min outside 'the bundle' : because they can, and nobody stops them til next year , when EU will cap the tariffs...
    My reading is that this Gomo offer gives free calls and texts to all Irish mobiles and landlines, regardless of network, up to reasonable use limits.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I honestly would be very surprised if this is the case, we'll soon see I guess

I think I answered my own question, their Help & Support page confirms that ur first bill is your mnthly plan plus previous usage.

Sounds expensive. I think I’ll order pay the initial fee and wait to activate on 1st nov.

if I set port date as 1st Nov does that mean I'll only get charged for november month, not october too?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

My sim has been dispatched for any of you worried about receiving before number ports

Same here! Though I opted to get a new number before I commit, will finally get to use my phone's dual SIM for a little while

if I set port date as 1st Nov does that mean I'll only get charged for november month, not october too?

That’s my belief, u pay the initial 9.99 then on The 1st u pay ur normal 9.99 plan for the month in advance.

I have emailed them looking for confirmation on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Phoenix108

Does anyone know if the unlimited calls include. With eir I get unlimited landline aswell as mobile calls to any network.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Phoenix108 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the unlimited calls include. With eir I get unlimited landline aswell as mobile calls to any network.

Includes Irish land line.

"Unlimited calls to Irish mobiles and landlines, unlimited texts and
    Unlimited Data* (10GB EEA Roaming) "

That’s my belief, u pay the initial 9.99 then on The 1st u pay ur normal 9.99 plan for the month in advance.

I have emailed them looking for confirmation on this.

if it's the month in advance am I right in saying you should instead port on october 31st?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,544 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Phoenix108 wrote: »

https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile_pt12.2-3.pdf
    Unlimited calls to Irish mobiles and landlines, unlimited texts and Unlimited Data* (10GB EEA Roaming) (SIM only plan)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Same here! Though I opted to get a new number before I commit, will finally get to use my phone's dual SIM for a little while
    No harm to have the dual sim anyway. Who knows when an even better deal might emerge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭wolf9

Signed up but didn't load to confirmation page, crashed , my bank account is charged , no confirmation text .....no man's land

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭deisedude

So do you need to get your phone unlocked from previous provider to use the GoMo sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

deisedude wrote: »
    So do you need to get your phone unlocked from previous provider to use the GoMo sim?

If you bought a phone locked to another network, you will need to get the phone unlocked, or a new phone.

deisedude wrote: »

Definitely if your on anything other than eir. If you're on eir it is likely to work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

milky88 wrote: »
    What are the hidden costs? Voicemail? Can't seem to find out

voicemail is free

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement