Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,544 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

milky88 wrote: »
    What are the hidden costs? Voicemail? Can't seem to find out

https://gomo.ie/pricing/

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

So for likes of me who has to give 30 days notice to exit with Virgin, can you order now but delay the start of the contract so not paying for 2 providers at same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

milky88 wrote: »
    What are the hidden costs? Voicemail? Can't seem to find out

Additional pricing is here and here.
    Voicemail – Free
    Additional Minutes – 30c/Min
    SMS – 15c per SMS

Fair usage policy of 80GB on data, as I assume throttling beyond that.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Lissavane wrote: »
    No harm to have the dual sim anyway. Who knows when an even better deal might emerge?

Absolutely! Handy for getting local SIMs outside of the EU too. We can only hope for counter offers from the existing networks based on this

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Signed up but didn't port my number yet. My only worry is the shear amount of customers that are signing up will this affect speeds and coverage. Also the 10mg download speed cap is a bit restrictive but lets see how it goes.
    Hopefully its good enough so i can cancel my Virgin account and port.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    voicemail is free

This is great.
    I'm on Eir prepay and they charge for voicemail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

So if you call home while roaming you are charged 1.15 a minute? Is that unusual? Thought they had to be the same now. I am switching from Vodafone X though which had the exact same deal in theEEA as here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Signed up but didn't port my number yet. My only worry is the shear amount of customers that are signing up will this affect speeds and coverage. Also the 10mg download speed cap is a bit restrictive but lets see how it goes.
    Hopefully its good enough so i can cancel my Virgin account and port.

Multiple posts earlier in the thread pointing out that the 10mg is just legal talk that all providers have to stay. Three, Eir etc all say the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭jonny_b

So if you call home while roaming you are charged 1.15 a minute? Is that unusual? Thought they had to be the same now. I am switching from Vodafone X though which had the exact same deal in theEEA as here.

That's outside the EU

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Brego888 wrote: »
    Multiple posts earlier in the thread pointing out that the 10mg is just legal talk that all providers have to stay. Three, Eir etc all say the same.

Good to know, Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I I've joined the gang. We'll see how it goes over a couple of months.
    Might be back to Vodafone by Christmas

jonny_b wrote: »
    That's outside the EU

Sorry wrong pricing, it says 0.30c to make calls in the eea. But thats roaming and you aren't roaming in the EU anymore I don't think so it mustn't count!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭BowWow

I just realised I have to be here to sign for it.
    FLOOPER wrote: »
    It’s prob registered post. So in that case anyone can sign for it.
    BowWow wrote: »
    Probably a courier as they say they will leave a card with instructions on how to re-arrange delivery if you are not there.

I've just noticed this on their site - "Simply order your GoMo SIM card right here. We’ll send it to you in the post, pop it in your phone and you’re good to go." So it seems like they just post it to you - tomorrow or Thursday will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Longford Leader

You can only port to a new GoMo SIM

What type of sim is it, micro, nano?
    Can you choose what type?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Sorry wrong pricing, it says 0.30c to make calls in the eea. But thats roaming and you aren't roaming in the EU anymore I don't think so it mustn't count!

That's if you have used your bundle

Think I might sign up for this tomorrow, despite my aversion to contracts.

Currently spend €20 on prepay with eir.

I'm thinking the 100k customer limit is a marketing thing though, and may be same charge after the 100k have signed up?

TheDriver wrote: »
    That's if you have used your bundle

Brilliant thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Looks a no brainer of a deal.
    Only worry I have is that the coverage would be ****e where I need it most. (live a field beside a very large hill and Vodafone which I am on for my phone is the only network that I know which gives good coverage, although I do use a three sim for the house Wi-Fi which is good for emails, WhatsApp etc but not good for watching movies etc.

A few posters have mentioned buying the sim and trying it out first before porting their number over. I have a dual sim phone and would be open to trying this. But is it definite that it would still be possible to port that sim over to your Vodaphone number after using it with the GoMo number for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

The send you one that can be both depending on how you take the card off.

Berberis wrote: »
    Only worry I have is that the coverage would be ****e where I need it most. (live a field beside a very large hill and Vodafone which I am on for my phone is the only network that I know which gives good coverage, although I do use a three sim for the house Wi-Fi which is good for emails, WhatsApp etc but not good for watching movies etc.

A few posters have mentioned buying the sim and trying it out first before porting their number over. I have a dual sim phone and would be open to trying this. But is it definite that it would still be possible to port that sim over to your Vodaphone number after using it with the GoMo number for a while

It's eir network, not sure if there would be any difference in coverage...?

You port your number, not your sim.
    I think any company you move to in the future can port your number over. Open to corrections on that one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Berberis wrote: »

I believe you would need a new sim once the original GoMo sim has been assigned a number, open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

I think they're all adaptable now and you just pop out the size you need. Could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

SIMs are made to snap out to all three sizes these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

BowWow wrote: »
    I've just noticed this on their site - "Simply order your GoMo SIM card right here. We’ll send it to you in the post, pop it in your phone and you’re good to go." So it seems like they just post it to you - tomorrow or Thursday will tell.

Mine says I need to sign for it, similar to Virgin and their contract sims I think.
    They are via courier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭BowWow

Mine says I need to sign for it, similar to Virgin and their contract sims I think.
    They are via courier.

So does mine...

I'm wondering if the volume of orders has changed their planned delivery method from Courier to An Post?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Is eir/meteor coverage about equal to tesco/48?
    tesco/48 are piggybacked on the old o2 network which is generally the worst , I'm still not convinced that they fully roams on 3 even though they should be exactly the same since 3 bought o2 here.

YMMV - use this site to see which masts are closest to you
    https://siteviewer.comreg.ie/

Vodafone / Post Mobile (had thought they were 3 .... *notes for future* )
    Meteor / Eir / GoMo
    Three / tesco / 48 / Lycamobile / Virgin Media / every other operator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

Great deal, I've signed up. Moving from prepaid Three, really patchy coverage in Galway City.

Anyone spot anything about tethering policy? I had quick look through the terms but didn't see any restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Great deal, currently paying Eir €35 a month for unlimited call's, text's and 50gb's of data, so this is a no brainer.

No harm in giving it a go, I put down to be ported in 30 day's time so I can contact Eir tomorrow to cancel my sim only deal and move it to prepay, I have to give 30 day's notice, then GoMo can port me over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

could be handy sim for an iPad. Doubt there is any cheaper data only sim available?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

I believe you would need a new sim once the original GoMo sim has been assigned a number, open to correction.

The ported number replaces the assigned number on the sim

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement