Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭iHungry

Any experts compared this to the three €20 top-up deal. With Three deal you get to spend the credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Cheers OP. Gonna sign up too. Currently on a 30 day rolling contract with Eir but want to keep my number. Should I select to move to GoMo 30 working days from now or if I select to move sooner will my number be cut off or whats the best plan of action?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

Davexirl wrote: »
    Great deal, currently paying Eir €35 a month for unlimited call's, text's and 50gb's of data, so this is a no brainer.

No harm in giving it a go, I put down to be ported in 30 day's time so I can contact Eir tomorrow to cancel my sim only deal and move it to prepay, I have to give 30 day's notice, then GoMo can port me over.

You don't have to give 30 days notice. Once you have completed 30 days/1 month with Eir you can move to another provider at anytime after 30 days have elapsed. You do not need to contact Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

does this provide mobile broadband through a dongle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

wizardman wrote: »
    You don't have to give 30 days notice. Once you have completed 30 days/1 month with Eir you can move to another provider at anytime after 30 days have elapsed. You do not need to contact Eir.

At this point, this should be in the title of the thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

uchimata83 wrote: »
    At this point, this should be in the title of the thread

They wouldn't read that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Have signed up both the missus and I

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Currently chatting with three support to cancel the sim only contract for my parents, they have a full GoMo script already made, first question was if its because of gomo

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

Currently chatting with three support to cancel the sim only contract for my parents, they have a full GoMo script already made, first question was if its because of gomo

You do not need to contact your current provider if you're keeping your current number

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

wizardman wrote: »
    You do not need to contact your current provider if you're keeping your current number

Ah that makes things easier then, the chat was saying its 30 days notice for it! Were trying to get me to contact the business department (as its a business deal) but this makes it better. thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

whodafunk wrote: »
    Cheers OP. Gonna sign up too. Currently on a 30 day rolling contract with Eir but want to keep my number. Should I select to move to GoMo 30 working days from now or if I select to move sooner will my number be cut off or whats the best plan of action?

Cheers

Do you not pay monthly in advance. If so then you can leave at any time, no notice needed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭golondrinas

can you not read.its an MVN run by EIR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Is there any reason why this wouldn't work on my mothers blokia? She spends 20euro a month on credit. I wouldn't be too tech savvy myself either with these things.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

What are the chances that the sim will
    Work on an Eir provided phone?

Similar to the older eMobile
    Sims that worked on meteor?

I’m on Eir 30 Day contract but used my fathers upgrade this month to get myself a new phone so no way to unlock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭skinny90

kceire wrote: »

I’m on Eir 30 Day contract but used my fathers upgrade this month to get myself a new phone so no way to unlock it.
    Likely it will work. Rang eir CS and they too had scripted “you know this is not eir, your moving away from Eir and where your moving to is not the same experience”...

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭zeebre12

They sure are going mad on the promo for this. On TV a few minutes ago in ONE ad break there was the advert for GoMo FIVE times

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

zeebre12 wrote: »
    They sure are going mad on the promo for this. On TV a few minutes ago in ONE ad break there was the advert for GoMo FIVE times

Its utter madness, surely it will create an all out war?

I still think it will be a while before they get 100k customers. Most people in this country turn their noses up at bargains. When I see someone paying 60 a month to vodafone when they can get the same at eir for 20....

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Another plus for gomo even if only half the stories about eir customer service are true

Nope.

This will be just like when we had Meteor and Eir Mobile. Two brands, one network. One CS team. One NOC. Only difference was the logo atop the bill.

kceire wrote: »

Reasonably likely, if they reuse the MNC.

THIS is huge.
    irishchris wrote: »
    Doesn't do direct debit using iban but recurring monthly charge to the credit/debit card you sign up with

Eirs single billing platform is a giant turd. Like Windows ME was better software. Total mess. I wouldnt trust it not to bill me €99900.00 instead of €9.99. CC payments mean I can firewall it onto a limited card (N26).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

This will surely be a game changer, good for price but I have my doubts as regards support and service. It surely must be only a matter of time before the other two MNOs get down in the pit with Eir and create wholly owned MVNOs under their own umbrellas to offer no frills, online only shop and support. How they can differentiate this offer from their higher cost tiers is not apparent at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,525 ✭✭✭✭siblers

If you port your number, do you keep your current sim? I'm on Vodafone, no idea if my phone will work on other networks

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

bfa1509 wrote: »
    Is there any reason why this wouldn't work on my mothers blokia? She spends 20euro a month on credit. I wouldn't be too tech savvy myself either with these things.
    I don't see why not. Obviously her phone can't use the data part of the package. The phone would need to be unlocked / able to use a Meteor / Eir / Gomo sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

siblers wrote: »
    If you port your number, do you keep your current sim? I'm on Vodafone, no idea if my phone will work on other networks
    You'll get a new sim card. You need to check yourself if your phone is locked to Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Lissavane wrote: »
    I don't see why not. Obviously her phone can't use the data part of the package. The phone would need to be unlocked / able to use a Meteor / Eir / Gomo sim.

Great thanks. Yes it's an unlocked Nokia phone. She won't make any use of the data but she'll be paying half the amount she is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Subscribed a few hours ago. Got charged 9.99 but no text or welcome email.. nothing yet.

Anyone else?

bunderoon wrote: »
    Subscribed a few hours ago. Got charged 9.99 but no text or welcome email.. nothing yet.

Anyone else?

How would you get the text when you haven't got the SIM yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭bunderoon

ED E wrote: »
    How would you get the text when you haven't got the SIM yet....

I'd expect a text to my current mobile number that I registered with. Or via the email address that I registered with .....dotdotdot

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Longford Leader

If I don't select a porting date when I sign up (will do that in November via account).
    Have I to pay the €9.99 October monthly fee plus the €9.99 activation fee now and then another €9.99 in November?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭Murof

bunderoon wrote: »
    I'd expect a text to my current mobile number that I registered with. Or via the email address that I registered with .....dotdotdot
    I got both. I assume you got an activation code sent by text?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement