Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

Always interesting to look at Fair usage here

Unlimited minutes and SMS allowances where applicable are subject to a fair usage allowance of 45,000 minutes and 10,000 SMS. Minutes and SMS apply to usage within the
    Republic of Ireland and EEA zone countries. Roaming allowances are subject to fair usage limits. Excludes Premium, International and roaming outside of the EEA zone.

45,000 minutes seems alot i don't think you could actually use that within a month. I figure there is 44,640 minutes in a 31 day month.

Bar i am tied into my contract until next summer i would be going for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

LizardKing wrote: »
    I don;t see 4G mentioned anywhere... assume it is included??

https://gomo.ie/our-coverage-map mentions 4G coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭breeno

Sorry if this is a silly question but any idea if the 9.99 counts as credit to use if you go outside allowance like an international call or do you need to top up an additional amount for those type of calls?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 swinson

Useless Virign media site not working, can't see my billing period to decide what date to port my number.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I ported my number, on the signup it asked me when do I want to activate, I selected next Monday as I'm travelling all this week.

Thanks, I see my current plan (with eir) is "rental until 18th of october" So I've chosen to port on that date. Hopefully there won't be much/any downtime.

I've been on the Eir sim only business plan for €25+vat per month for years, it included free calls to the UK from Ire, but I don't spend anywhere near €240 a year for that, which is what this would be saving me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Seapoint

Website has ground to a halt!

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭machaseh

I cant sign into me fekking My Eir in order to see about my current contract.

Yes I would like to switch to this one, much cheaper and hopefully better.

Eir are due to launch 5G within the coming months, I bet this launch was in preparation for that, get a lot of customer off on to a 4G only network. I doubt GoMo will get 5g. If that's important to you just port back when it becomes available.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

If you pick 4 weeks time for port, does it only start the 9.99 from that date?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Signed up for this deal myself. Will it have it's own app or will it use eirs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Moneyman25

Any one know if you can order the sim and port over later?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

How is the eir network generally???
    I'm on Vodafone for past 5 years, so kinda used to being able to get service most of the time.
    I briefly switched to on of the cheap O2 affiliated networks a few yes ago and had to switch back cos it just want worth even the price they had it up for.
    I'm getting away with using 10 a month of €20 top-up on VF at the moment, but would prefer a straight tenner with no management or watching what I'm doing. And the fact tethering is allowed kinda seals the deal too.
    VF wiped out my 80 of built up credit lay summer when I used hotspot on holidays to let kids watch Netflix

What's the deal with having to give your Passport number or PPS number?

It's to deter criminals / scammers signing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

It's to deter criminals / scammers signing up.
    Still, think that information in none of Eir's business. Would existing phone number not do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭shanec1928

swinson wrote: »
    Useless Virign media site not working, can't see my billing period to decide what date to port my number.
    Use internet explorer. It’s the only one that works with VM sites

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭daheff

jeffk wrote: »
    https://gomo.ie/pricing

Usage outside of your inclusive allowances will be charged as follows:

Voicemail – Free
    Additional Minutes – 30c/Min
    SMS – 15c per SMS
    For all other charges please click here

How is there charge for additional texts & calls when the flyer says

"the first 100k get all calls, all texts and all data for 9.99"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Heighway61 wrote: »
    Still, think that information in none of Eir's business. Would existing phone number not do?

Nope.
    If you don't think they need the info, don't sign up and you won't have to supply it.
    There's new money laundering laws coming in over next few months and if you thought it was bad now, wait till you see what's coming down the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

daheff wrote: »
    How is there charge for additional texts & calls when the flyer says

"the first 100k get all calls, all texts and all data for 9.99"

If you hit the limit of 45,00 etc I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

okidoki987 wrote: »
    If you hit the limit of 45,00 etc I'd guess.

Yeah over the fair usage amounts listed for any of the services

• Advertisement

Heighway61 wrote: »

Obviously not if they're asking for it. Lots of companies are doing it now because they're required by regulations.

You're not forced to sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Scolly

The website keeps going down when I try to get to the order section

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

just onto Eir chat asking about process here to move from sim only plan to gomo.. he told me i needed to go to a shop .. eir support is really the worst

• Registered Users Posts: 14,918 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    How is the eir network generally???
    I'm on Vodafone for past 5 years, so kinda used to being able to get service most of the time.
    I briefly switched to on of the cheap O2 affiliated networks a few yes ago and had to switch back cos it just want worth even the price they had it up for.
    I'm getting away with using 10 a month of €20 top-up on VF at the moment, but would prefer a straight tenner with no management or watching what I'm doing. And the fact tethering is allowed kinda seals the deal too.
    VF wiped out my 80 of built up credit lay summer when I used hotspot on holidays to let kids watch Netflix

I'm on VF and was on Eir until last year - for my usage Eir was slightly better, that's mostly on the Dart, around the city centre and sth Dublin/ North Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

They charge you €5 to get your SIM replaced. So, if your SIM stops working through no fault of your own, they charge you for it. Tight fúckers.

When I worked in the business over a decade ago, the charge was €7.50 for a replacement sim and iirc that increased for subsequent replacements. I don't think anyone was ever charged for it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

https://gomo.sg/home

$2 dollar beer. Sign me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Paying €25 Per month with Virgin Media, so signed up to this,

Seems like a great deal , But If there's a catch i can always go back to VM!

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

joe123 wrote: »
    Im not getting a validation code to port my number. Can I port it at a later date?
    OmegaGene wrote: »
    Yes

Just wondering where you saw its possible to port later?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

msmx5 wrote: »
    Just wondering where you saw its possible to port later?

If you sign up and create an account, there's an option to "move number" there. I imagine it's similar to the current EIR porting system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

LizardKing wrote: »
    just onto Eir chat asking about process here to move from sim only plan to gomo.. he told me i needed to go to a shop .. eir support is really the worst

I dropped into my local Eir store....hadnt a clue what I was on about!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement