Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Anyone porting over from lycamobile know if its prepaid registered or unregistered

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Did I read some technical info here yesterday about Eir not picking up a stronger signal indoors? Cannot seem to find it anywhere. Basically I am using the new sim indoors and its picking up good 3G coverage but nothing for 4G despite my three sim having 3/4 bars of coverage. It does go to one bar of 4G occasionally. I am not overly concerned as I have wifi at home and am still going ahead with the port

So I figured why I was getting great 4G coverage on my 3 sim and only 3G on the new Eir sim. Using this very handy link https://siteviewer.comreg.ie/#explore posted by somebody last night there is a 3 mast across the road form my house!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 brodam

Gor my sim lunchtime.....great turnaround....tried in 2 unlocked phones.....no connection.....no service.....being trying to contact gomo ever since.......no luck....

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭tylerdylan

I'm on simo with Eir last 2 years paying €30 a month before that was Eir bill pay for many more years, also had landline & BB with them, however for mobile service I have never had any issues. Yes fully agree with the woeful CS but hopefully there wont be too many needs to contact GoMo.
    I live outside a big town and sometimes the service is sketchy but have also tried VF and Three and similar issues so this GoMo really does seem good value in the scheme of things. Being on the Eir network as I am now will be the same so just €20 a month cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Great deal but this could be the beginning of the ruination of the Eir network ala 3's...
    Vodafone might be the only performant network left soon but you pay the €€€ for that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Ten Pin wrote: »
    APN is data.myeirmobile.ie

Just one data APN?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭shmeee

opus wrote: »
    Anyone got the APN details for GoMo? I've just put it into a dual SIM phone and selected SIM 2 for data but no APN info there.

Thanks!

Use Eir settings:

Name:
    Meteor Data

APN:
    data.mymeteor.ie

MCC:

MNC:

APN Type:
    default,supl

APN protocol:
    IPv4/IPv6

everything else is down as default / not set

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Is this in Dublin can I ask?

Suburbs of Galway City, indoors
    Just one data APN?

These are what I've got.
    https://i.imgur.com/zNdynru_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

I’ve moved and my number will be ported from Friday. I’ll take the extra €15 that Virgin we’re charging me and put it towards another bill!! If the coverage is crap with GoMo I’ll just switch back - worth a try anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Buzzer2016

We’re people waiting long for sims, i orders mine last night, how do ya know if your In the first 100000 that gets the deal for life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

How to go about cancelling with Virgin? Anyone know if they make you jump through hoops?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Buzzer2016 wrote: »
    We’re people waiting long for sims, i orders mine last night, how do ya know if your In the first 100000 that gets the deal for life

I ordered mine yesterday morning, and it was delivered today. I'm in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,996 ✭✭✭opus

APN is data.myeirmobile.ie

Thanks very much, up & running with data on the GoMo SIM. I'll transfer my number in the fullness of time once I've seen how the signal is around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Fian wrote: »
    How to go about cancelling with Virgin? Anyone know if they make you jump through hoops?

I was onto to them by Chat today, they wouldnt take my cancellation request on Chat so their "loyalty" team are due to ring me back within 48 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Whats the link for the live chat?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I was onto to them by Chat today, they wouldnt take my cancellation request on Chat so their "loyalty" team are due to ring me back within 48 hours.

from the following thread, they seem okay with cancellations:
    https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2058023192

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭Invincible

I've been with 48 months for 4 years

never had a problem with it.

I might switch to this, only problem is that its run by Eir

Is your time not up at this stage, understood that when 48months had elapsed, your contract was ended and you had to move provider ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

So I figured why I was getting great 4G coverage on my 3 sim and only 3G on the new Eir sim. Using this very handy link https://siteviewer.comreg.ie/#explore posted by somebody last night there is a 3 mast across the road form my house!

Cheers for that! Appears to be a Meteor one straight across from my house, which I assume this service will be running off. Good news

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Registered if your current network have your name address etc, otherwise unregistered.

Try 'unregistered' if unsure and see if it goes through

Thanks, went with registered as lyca have my details

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Can’t register with revolut card as it’s not acceptable, any options??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

Same for me too... also didn't get any email to say my order is accepted or anything

no email on ordering, only after registering on the mygomo page

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

moonshadow wrote: »

Yeh... a bank card; a credit card...

Dannyman76 wrote: »
    If you pay for the month in advance how are people charged for out of plan charges?

you get paid the plan's fee in advance and your usage in arrears, it's that simple, after the first month you won't notice as it will look OK when both are done at the same time but it's always like that, fees in advance, usage after

i purchased yesterday and got the sms but no mail

i registered my mail after and no mail yet

anyone else in the same boat

I've had that, it was all a typo when typing my email address, check it and try again, or I'd say contact them if you think you may have had a typo when ordering

• Registered Users Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭Jeff2

moonshadow wrote: »

Mine worked with the vertual card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

I've been with 48 months for 4 years

never had a problem with it.

I might switch to this, only problem is that its run by Eir

Same here but noticing a lot of crappy 3g to E lately. Also an 8 min wait for a lot of received txt messages for some reason. Dublin area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

So there is a very high chance that if I sign up Today I will be in the first 100k customers and anyone that signed up Yesterday are almost guaranteed to be. But is there anything on your account that states this. Not an issue at the minute, but might be come price increase time?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Has anyone who has received the SIM card tested the data speeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭BowWow

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    Has anyone who has received the SIM card tested the data speeds?

Yes, several examples some pages back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,317 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I just moved to VirginMedia €5 per month everything unlimited. When this deal is done after 5 months, I'll switch to Eir GoMo and stay on it. I'm paying for myself + 3 kids, so it saves a fortune to shop around.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement