Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭shmeee

gooner99 wrote: »
    So there is a very high chance that if I sign up Today I will be in the first 100k customers and anyone that signed up Yesterday are almost guaranteed to be. But is there anything on your account that states this. Not an issue at the minute, but might be come price increase time?

They won't hit 100k for weeks, maybe months to be honest or may not at all. Who knows.

That's a very high benchmark for a start up company.

You got to remember Eir offer a very similar service for €15 Per Month on a Sim Only 30 Day Plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

unkel wrote: »
    I just moved to VirginMedia €5 per month everything unlimited. When this deal is done after 5 months, I'll switch to Eir GoMo and stay on it. I'm paying for myself + 3 kids, so it saves a fortune to shop around.

there's a limit of 2x SIMs per GoMo account :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

fast_eddie wrote: »
    there's a limit of 2x SIMs per GoMo account :(

Just set up another account?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,996 ✭✭✭opus

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    Has anyone who has received the SIM card tested the data speeds?

Indoors close to Cork city centre.

493098.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

unkel wrote: »
    I just moved to VirginMedia €5 per month everything unlimited. When this deal is done after 5 months, I'll switch to Eir GoMo and stay on it. I'm paying for myself + 3 kids, so it saves a fortune to shop around.

first 100k customer only, after 5 months you might be ineligible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

opus wrote: »
    Indoors close to Cork city centre.

493098.jpg

"Your internet speed is fast" :D what did you use to test? Any ability to compare against another network... I'll be able to test mine against 3 and Vodafone once I get my sim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

shmeee wrote: »
    They won't hit 100k for weeks, maybe months to be honest or may not at all. Who knows.

That's a very high benchmark for a start up company.

You got to remember Eir offer a very similar service for €15 Per Month on a Sim Only 30 Day Plan.

Yes it will take a while. But the question is how do you know your on the "lifetime price guarantee" when you sign up. Like once they hit 100k they will likely still offer it for 9.99 a month, but will be subject to price increases in future. What's to stop them from hitting some/all of the first 100k with price increase also. How can you prove your in the first 100k customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,996 ✭✭✭opus

Shane_ef wrote: »
    "Your internet speed is fast" :D what did you use to test? Any ability to compare against another network... I'll be able to test mine against 3 and Vodafone once I get my sim

"Speed Test" typed into the Google Search bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Dual sim phone so have both in and tested side by side eir vs gomo 4g

EIR
    493099.jpg

GOMO
    493100.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Anybody who has received their SIM got a speed test result with full 4g reception, this is my result on Vodafone

5396366977.png

• Advertisement

LizardKing wrote: »
    Dual sim phone so have both in and tested side by side eir vs gomo

2% battery drop in a few mins, jaysus :D ... Cheers for those

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Dannyman76

Got my SIM installed but say it's not provisioned for voice. My Gomo order is still in progress with no number yet. Anyone else experiencing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

When I look at my account it says 'in progress' does this mean that they haven't sent out my SIM yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Just tested the speed on my eir sim and gomo sim, getting pretty much the same from both about 55 down and 20 up

If I sign up now and add one sim, can I add another at a later date for the same lifetime deal. Anyone know if the lifetime deal per account (2 sims) or per sim?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

xckjoo wrote: »
    I moved from rolling contract with Eir a few weeks ago and it's just shut down once the new operator takes over. I got a final bill but it was for €0.00. The only thing you need to do is set the port date to around your billing date. I assume if it's too far from that date you'll owe them something.

You won't get a refund of the part of the month after your termination date that you had paid in advance for so it's best to port just before your billing date and worst to port just after.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭shmeee

Nearly very similar speeds to Eir so, I'm happy with that.

My speeds are considerably slower than the above where I am but If the speeds are the same, I've no complaints for €20 saving a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

Quackster wrote: »
    You won't get a refund of the part of the month after your termination date that you had paid in advance for so it's best to port just before your billing date and worst to port just after.

You get this back, they can't charge you for a service they haven't provided.

If I sign up now and add one sim, can I add another at a later date for the same lifetime deal. Anyone know if the lifetime deal per account (2 sims) or per sim?

It's first 100,000 Sims, not customers
    Confirmed by chat
    They also have had a lot of people requesting something to show they are within the first 100,000 customers, so they are "looking into it"

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

physioman wrote: »
    When I look at my account it says 'in progress' does this mean that they haven't sent out my SIM yet?
    My mygomo account says in progress and I got my sim this morning, but there's no number on mygomo site. I don't know if I have to wait until they activate it their end.
    I'll give it a day or two and see what happens.

• Advertisement

Shane_ef wrote: »
    It's first 100,000 Sims, not customers
    Confirmed by chat
    They also have had a lot of people requesting something to show they are within the first 100,000 customers, so they are "looking into it"

Thanks for that. Think I'll get one sim Today and see how it goes, then add another sim later in the hope it's also in the first 100k sims. Can you add another sim to your account if you only go with one initially?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Anyone know if you can tether on this package?

Thanks for that. Think I'll get one sim Today and see how it goes, then add another sim later in the hope it's also in the first 100k sims. Can you add another sim to your account if you only go with one initially?

Should not be a problem as long as all the bills are up to date

Anyone know if you can tether on this package?

This question has been asked and answered a dozen times already

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Just wondering how would you cancel this if needs be? It seems contacting them is only war according to website. The lack of Wi-Fi calling has turned me off this. The perils of not checking everything first lol

• Registered Users Posts: 65,317 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

4real wrote: »
    first 100k customer only, after 5 months you might be ineligible.

It's taken VirginMedia about 5 years to get to 100k customers. And a lot of that was with offers of several months free or several months at €5 per month (completely unlimted), so better deals than Eir GoMo and no "setup charges" either. I doubt this crowd will have 100k customers within 4 months.

And if they can think they can increase their price to €15 / month once they got their first 100k customers, they can think again.

Prices in Ireland for mobile contracts are still absurdly high. €10 / month is more than enough to pay for a decent coverage phone contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

We'll all be buying shares in the company if they can get 100k customers in a week (or even a month)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

gerard2210 wrote: »
    My mygomo account says in progress and I got my sim this morning, but there's no number on mygomo site. I don't know if I have to wait until they activate it their end.
    I'll give it a day or two and see what happens.

Thanks. On chat they said due to the demand Sims can take 5 working days to post. Hopefully not.

Corholio wrote: »
    Just wondering how would you cancel this if needs be? It seems contacting them is only war according to website. The lack of Wi-Fi calling has turned me off this. The perils of not checking everything first lol

Just port off to another network and that will be the end of it. I never found wifi calling much good anyway so not going to miss it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭newagesurfer

I tried signing up paying with N26 card it wouldn't let me, unfortunately, had to use BOI card.

Had the same problem with eir during the week wouldn't accept n26 card and as a result, I got slapped with a 18.45 euro fine for my troubles. I have contacted eir who said that fine would be removed from my bill as "good faith gesture " however is still there a week later.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement