Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Luckylow10

FLOOPER wrote: »
    I’m assuming there’s a 14 day cooling off period for this.

Would that include the 9.99 they have taken already off me as a refund if I pull out.

Got email to say that if u cancel within 14 days u will not get refund of activation fee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Luckylow10 wrote: »
    Got email to say that if u cancel within 14 days u will not get refund of activation fee

Standard industry practice

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭FaganJr

I tried signing up paying with N26 card it wouldn't let me, unfortunately, had to use BOI card.

Had the same problem with eir during the week wouldn't accept n26 card and as a result, I got slapped with a 18.45 euro fine for my troubles. I have contacted eir who said that fine would be removed from my bill as "good faith gesture " however is still there a week later.

Signed up yesterday with N26 Mastercard Debit card, no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Luckylow10

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Standard industry practice

Standard? Normally if u cancel a service within within the 14 days you just pay for what service you used.

If I cancel this sim after purchasing and without using it I would have thought u get ur money back.

Not a big deal tho just confirming for the other poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

unkel wrote: »
    It's taken VirginMedia about 5 years to get to 100k customers. And a lot of that was with offers of several months free or several months at €5 per month (completely unlimted), so better deals than Eir GoMo and no "setup charges" either. I doubt this crowd will have 100k customers within 4 months.

And if they can think they can increase their price to €15 / month once they got their first 100k customers, they can think again.

Prices in Ireland for mobile contracts are still absurdly high. €10 / month is more than enough to pay for a decent coverage phone contract.

Looking at the numbers I wouldn't be surprised. Eir had a slight majority of their 2.5 million or so customers on prepay with meteor before they made a dogs dinner of it.
    It's easy to do the maths on this - meteor was almost solely a prepay network, targeted at younger users. Three took a lot of their base away with data upon entering. Since meteor closed, I reckon they lost about 80% of their prepay market with the rest moving to post pay or hanging on to eir pre pay plans.
    Whatever way you look at it, there's about a million subscribers to be won back, either prepay or sim only, not to mention the people previously with other networks

• Advertisement

Standard? Normally if u cancel a service within within the 14 days you just pay for what service you used.

If I cancel this sim after purchasing and without using it I would have thought u get ur money back.

with most services like mobile or broadband if you pay an installation fee, activation fee or something with a similar name you do not get that fee back if you canx within the cooling off period

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭BowWow

Six people in my family have now gone for the GoMo deal.

1 from eir billpay.
    1 from Virgin billpay.
    3 from Three billpay.
    1 from Three PAYG.

I suspect GoMo will get the 100,000 in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

uchimata83 wrote: »
    Just port off to another network and that will be the end of it. I never found wifi calling much good anyway so not going to miss it

I presume they count Whatsapp as wi-fi calling right? Unless I'm mixing things up?

Whatsapp calling is extremely handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Since meteor closed, I reckon they lost about 80% of their prepay market with the rest moving to post pay or hanging on to eir pre pay plans.
    Whatever way you look at it, there's about a million subscribers to be won back, either prepay or sim only, not to mention the people previously with other networks

What are you basing any of that on? When meteor closed everyone was just switched to eir.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Corholio wrote: »
    I presume they count Whatsapp as wi-fi calling right? Unless I'm mixing things up?

Whatsapp calling is extremely handy.

Whatsapp calling is not the same thing as Wi-Fi calling. Wi-Fi calling is using your normal phone voice calls over Wi-Fi instead of 3G/4G.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

You get this back, they can't charge you for a service they haven't provided.

Yes they can. All operators' terms & conditions have a SIMO clause requiring thirty days notice of termination and they reserve the right to charge a termination fee of up to one month's service if you do not give that notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

FaganJr wrote: »
    Signed up yesterday with N26 Mastercard Debit card, no issues

Same, the 9.99 activation (October) fee came out and all

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

Regarding the questions about how long the offer would stand, ISTR a deal a few years ago where "for life" meant "for as long as you remain on this plan" but the operator had the right to discontinue the plan. From the GoMo terms and conditions, it appears that the same thing could happen in this case (I'm on mobile so can't share the link).

Eir has the same parent company as the French company Free, which has a €2 contract for unlimited talk and text, so it will be great if similar packages take off here. Still, ID Mobile attempted to provide something like GoMo and failed.

Quackster wrote: »
    Yes they can. All operators' terms & conditions have a SIMO clause requiring thirty days notice of termination and they reserve the right to charge a termination fee of up to one month's service if you do not give that notice.

They also say that they own your number in the terms and conditions.
    This is, and never was, charged by eir

What are you basing any of that on? When meteor closed everyone was just switched to eir.

Comreg reports and (too much) experience in the industry.

jrmb wrote: »
    ID Mobile attempted to provide something like GoMo and failed.

I was a "lifetime" iD customer at €15 per month for 10,000 minutes of calls to mobiles/landlines, 10,000 texts and 30Gb of data.

Can't help but think if iD had gone with something like the simple GoMo model they would still be here. One product, one price, payment against debit card etc.
    Letting people design their own product and selling phones as part of the deal made their offering appear complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jack in the box

Do I need to wait for an email to confirm my order or what is the next step(see attached). I want to keep my number

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭larchielads

Anyone know what the eir network is like in Waterford as in whats it like around Brownes Road, Dunmore Road, city centre etc? Ive signed up for the offer but be handy to know what network is like before i switch for good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Where is the live chat option on their website. I can't seem to find it

Do I need to wait for an email to confirm my order or what is the next step(see attached). I want to keep my number

I'd wait, you have an order number.

• Advertisement

Need to have an account and be logged in

• Registered Users Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Sim ordered.

Could someone with a GoMo sim/4G post results from fast.com? (with the show more info)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭shmeee

LizardKing wrote: »
    Dual sim phone so have both in and tested side by side eir vs gomo 4g

EIR
    493099.jpg

GOMO
    493100.jpg

What APNs are you using out of interest?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It costs for the sim to be packaged and posted.
    There will obviously be admin costs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭mac1961

Anyone know what the eir network is like in Waterford as in whats it like around Brownes Road, Dunmore Road, city centre etc? Ive signed up for the offer but be handy to know what network is like before i switch for good

I live in the city got a deal with Emobile when they started up and have been with them ever since. I have no problems with the eir network.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I got an email saying sim is on way but it was in my junk mail
    Ordered this afternoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭wolf9

You don't need an account , go to "mygomo", then select "don't have an account", it will bring you to the page where you input email address but also on the right hand side of this there is the chat now icon

NATLOR wrote: »
    I got an email saying sim is on way but it was in my junk mail
    Ordered this afternoon

That's quick! I ordered yesterday and order is still In Progress.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I think someone said they charge the monthly fee on the 8th of every month?

My current prepay 4 week plan ends Nov 6th.

If I order my sum today, should I choose to port my number maybe one week from now? Should my SIM arrive on time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭NATLOR

BowWow wrote: »
    That's quick! I ordered yesterday and order is still In Progress.

Still says in progress on the website. Will see what happens

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement