Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It’s been said many times in this thread but I’ll repeat for confirmation.
    I was onto Eir today to give my 30 day notice as I’m on a 30 day sim only plan. They told me I don’t have to give notice as the request from GoMo to take your number will act as cancellation and I’ll receive a bill for balance after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Eoin3

Possible to change the time we port our number? Not seeing a section for it on the website.....
    Just in case the SIM doesn't arrive in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

you can change it in account details

Squaredude wrote: »
    you can change it in account details
    "This action is unavailable until your service is activated."
    Order is still pending, but number porting is for tomorrow evening. Not really critical anyways, I have another phone number I can use.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

uchimata83 wrote: »
    They also say that they own your number in the terms and conditions.
    This is, and never was, charged by eir

No, but it means they are perfectly entitled not to refund you for the portion of the month you've paid for after your termination date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

Firstly I'm not tech savvy but my wife went into the local Eir shop in Cork to day to enquire about this offer. They told her it would cost €14 to unlock her phone, she is with Vodafone and they weren't sure if she could re use her existing number is that correct

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭alias no.9

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Anybody who has received their SIM got a speed test result with full 4g reception, this is my result on Vodafone

5396366977.png

My SIM arrived today so got my side by side results

GoMo with 4 bars of 4G
    5396929864.png

Vodafone with 5 bars of 4G
    5396943003.png

It will be interesting to see GoMo with full reception but it's fast enough for anything I'm likely to be doing.

discostu1 wrote: »
    Firstly I'm not tech savvy but my wife went into the local Eir shop in Cork to day to enquire about this offer. They told her it would cost €14 to unlock her phone, she is with Vodafone and they weren't sure if she could re use her existing number is that correct
    Can't imagine there being issue with her keeping her number, unless someone else is aware of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,783 ✭✭✭billyhead

Is this a no brainer for me if I usually pay around €10 every 1.5 months on a PAYG deal with Eir. They do give me 60mb data allowance for 14 days every time I top up:P

Thank you and would it be Eir she would go to to unlock the phone and does €14 sound right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,449 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Thank you and would it be Eir she would go to to unlock the phone and does €14 sound right

That's not much at all but contact VF and they may unlock it for free (if had it long enough)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ei9go

alias no.9 wrote: »
    My SIM arrived today so got my side by side results

GoMo with 4 bars of 4G
    5396929864.png

Vodafone with 5 bars of 4G
    5396943003.png

It will be interesting to see GoMo with full reception but it's fast enough for anything I'm likely to be doing.

Who delivered your card. Says it has to be signed for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭alias no.9

ei9go wrote: »
    Who delivered your card. Says it has to be signed for.

An Post, don't think it was signed for

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Once over €150 has been spent with Vodafone on bills, Vodafone should unlock it free of change.

She has been with them for years so hopefully they will oblige thank you for your comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Once over €150 has been spent with Vodafone on bills, Vodafone should unlock it free of change.

I've always been pre pay. Currently with eir.

But if I sign up with this offer, will I be charged to unlock my phone if I change my mind and go back to pre pay with eir?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Are these in the same group as eir ?

https://gomo.sg/home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

There’s a message when ordering now that they’ve been very busy and delivery could take 5 days. I can definitely see them hitting 100,000 this week or next. 5 in my immediate family alone have signed up.

ted1 wrote: »
    Are these in the same group as eir ?

https://gomo.sg/home

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 9,783 ✭✭✭billyhead

Can I just check this offer please with someone. Is it calls to any network so its unlimited call and texts to any mobile operator each month?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

billyhead wrote: »
    Can I just check this offer please with someone. Is it calls to any network so its unlimited call and texts to any mobile operator each month?

Yes.

Not that is says on the website somewhere that all calls are included...

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

Yes unlimited to any mobile network or landline within the Republic subject to Fair Usage which is massive.

Ordered yesterday late afternoon and still showing as processing but now have a 085 phone number showing on my account along with a sim pin and puk number.

Guess I’ll have the sim in the next day or so. Does it just activate itself on the requested day and time?

fritzelly wrote: »
    Not that is says on the website somewhere that all calls are included...

Tbf I think he was trying to clarify that it was to all networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Those reported speeds are more than fine, bummer for all the naysayers saying it's only 10Mbs - certainly makes it a viable option for those running a BB router off sim

Really no point in limiting your speed as you just clog up the network for longer impacting everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

I think the website is overloaded. I have a spinning circle over 40 minutes now.

paska wrote: »
    I think the website is overloaded. I have a spinning circle over 40 minutes now.

Working fine for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭baldbear

Will this be a pile of ****e service?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement