Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

If this is correct, then 1850, 1890, 0818 and 076 numbers are all included, which is brilliant as I was always charged extra for those on Eir except for the 076 and 048 ones, they were included in the unlimited calls

National calls include calls to Irish Mobiles and Landlines, 0818, 076, 1850 and
    1890 numbers and calls to Northern Ireland landlines using the 048 prefix (in
    place of 004428)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Aquos76 wrote: »
    If this is correct, then 1850, 1890, 0818 and 076 numbers are all included, which is brilliant as I was always charged extra for those on Eir except for the 076 and 048 ones, they were included in the unlimited calls

National calls include calls to Irish Mobiles and Landlines, 0818, 076, 1850 and
    place of 004428)

That's a new law coming in December (I think)
    048 has been around for years (maybe only on the eir network tho...)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭Jeff2

If you use Revolut for this be sure the address you give them is the same as Revolut address.

If you're not using the phone with the Revolut app to get this then have it to hand because you get a message to except the charge.

You have to go onto the app to except it with 5 minutes I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,392 ✭✭✭This is it

place of 004428)

Soon it'll only be 0818 and 1800. 076, 1890 and 1850 are being phased out. 0818 will be priced the same price as a Geo call and 1800 will remain free.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

All calls to EU are included in the bundle as if they were Irish numbers I assume?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭w4ntedman

I don't see on the website (apologies if mentioned already) can anyone post a link to rates for calling abroad?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Is this open to business users, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭omega man

If anything it might shake up the extremely overpriced market. I’ve ordered one myself even though I’m in contract with 3 until August. I’ll let my teenage daughter use it until then.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

cefh17 wrote: »
    All calls to EU are included in the bundle as if they were Irish numbers I assume?

Dont think so, think its only Irish mobiles and landlines

• Registered Users Posts: 5,392 ✭✭✭This is it

Is this open to business users, does anyone know?

No, it's in the t&c that they reserve the right to cancel if used for business

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

Jeff2 wrote: »
    If you use Revolut for this be sure the address you give them is the same as Revolut address.

If you're not using the phone with the Revolut app to get this then have it to hand because you get a message to except the charge.

You have to go onto the app to except it with 5 minutes I think.

Address is the same, get the prompt, timer starts, I confirm in Revolut...then...

"Oops...
    An error occurred, please try again in a few minutes"

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭julie2tubz

Will I have to cancel my contract with Eir or will it automatically cancel
    When I switch to gomo? Thanks

cefh17 wrote: »

No, why would you think that for a tenner a month?

w4ntedman wrote: »
    I don't see on the website (apologies if mentioned already) can anyone post a link to rates for calling abroad?
    Thanks

https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile_pt12.2-3.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭ULMarc

Address is the same, get the prompt, timer starts, I confirm in Revolut...then...

"Oops...
    An error occurred, please try again in a few minutes"

Any ideas?

I had the same this morning but this afternoon it went through fine. Only difference I did is begin my order with both my shipping and billing address as my revolut address. Previously I had begun with a different shipping address and it just wasn't happening. So at least I've seen it both fail and subsequently work if that gives you any reassurance to try again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭irishchris

Anyone that has set it up what is the apn for gomo. My phone is showing data.mymeteor.ie. Surely that can't be right?

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Dont think so, think its only Irish mobiles and landlines

My bad, mixing up the roaming data law with calls/texts

irishchris wrote: »
    Anyone that has set it up what is the apn for gomo. My phone is showing data.mymeteor.ie. Surely that can't be right?

It's part of eir - very right, they're just using the same infrastructure

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

julie2tubz wrote: »
    Will I have to cancel my contract with Eir or will it automatically cancel
    When I switch to gomo? Thanks

Order sim > Port > receive final bill from Eir.

You don't need to contact your current provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Impressive delivery , ordered yesterday and arrived this morning , only downside is 2 sims arrived in the package and I've 2 numbers associated with my account. I don't even know how I could have done this !

• Advertisement

Impressive delivery , ordered yesterday and arrived this morning , only downside is 2 sims arrived in the package and I've 2 numbers associated with my account. I don't even know how I could have done this !

Have you been charged 2 activation fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bhangraman

ULMarc wrote: »
    I had the same this morning but this afternoon it went through fine. Only difference I did is begin my order with both my shipping and billing address as my revolut address. Previously I had begun with a different shipping address and it just wasn't happening. So at least I've seen it both fail and subsequently work if that gives you any reassurance to try again later.

Had this issue repeatedly on N26 and Revolut mastercard, most likely due to mastercard secondary verification. As soon as I used my Revolut Visa, it worked first time around.
    I was then able to add my N26 card to my profile after placing the order, we'll see if that works for the first bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭torrevieja

if i order when does change take effect

like can i order now and get it changed tomorrow ?

whats service like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Just popped the SIM into my phone there and did a speedtest comparing it with my Vodafone SIM in the same location.

http://imgur.com/a/p4gOcQK

GoMo: 6.38Mbps ↓ / 9.87Mbps ↑
    Vodafone: 37.9Mbps ↓ / 13.6Mbps ↑

Browsing seems noticably slower than my Vodafone Sim but still nothing completely unacceptably slow

poor enough

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Guys,

Are there any roaming/EU minutes or texts included in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

kceire wrote: »
    Guys,

Are there any roaming/EU minutes or texts included in this?
    Davy wrote: »

torrevieja wrote: »
    poor enough

One example, probably miles from an eir mast, have to check coverage on the map
    Lots of other examples with great speed but you pick the worst

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

I signed up today, port date is 28th.

9.99 activation was debited, so the next 9.99 payment will be 1/11?

I’m usually grand with this stuff but it’s all a bit up in the air!

EDIT: I know it’s been answered but I’ve forgotten and do not have the head to go through seventy pages of this.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

adox wrote: »

Excellent, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

fritzelly wrote: »
    One example, probably miles from an eir mast, have to check coverage on the map
    Lots of other examples with great speed but you pick the worst

Yep.
    I posted earlier in the day terrible speeds I was getting indoors.
    However, I changed the APN settings that automatically installed on my phone when sim was inserted to the one you posted here:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111526587&postcount=4

and I'm getting from 7-20Mbps DL and 4-6 UL which is fine for everything i do on my phone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement