Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭long_b

ED E wrote: »
    The N26 embedded verification iFrame did show but after authorization failed like others. Ordered with Irish bank instead. Will swap cards at the weekend.

Won't we just have the same issue next month though?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭glwaymiko

inforfun wrote: »
    Had no email either but did receive sim yesterday.

Still 30 left of 50 euro call credit at 3 before i can port numbers.
    It is hard work, spending money, when there is nothing you really need.

Same here, no fun in it....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I assume there’s no webtext thing? That comes in handy the odd time...

There's one mention of webtext in terms section 16...
    https://gomo.ie/terms/

So maybe there is webtext. Eir's international webtext are free whereas standard phone international SMS are charged extra.

The main advantage of webtext is that you can send them even with zero credit on PAYG, but that's not going to be an issue on a SIM only tariff with national SMS are included.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Masala

What about calling Northern Ireland??? And sending SMS to NI numbers.....

This is my wife's biggest cost currently...... will this offer eliminate this??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Signed up last night....

Never thought I would go back to eir to be honest but it's too good a deal to continue to pay double for a hell of a lot less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,996 ✭✭✭opus

opus wrote: »
    Indoors close to Cork city centre.

493098.jpg

And the version from home (Shandon area of Cork) this morning.

493130.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

An post says delivered, no sign of any package tho

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭BIGT4464

Should I call Eir to cancel?
    I set it to port on the 14th November as that is the day my bill goes to .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Shane_ef wrote: »
    An post says delivered, no sign of any package tho

Did you receive an despatch email with tracking number? Was half expecting mine this morning but didn't get an email and order still in progress on website.

I'm sure they're overwhelmed with orders to go out - was basing my assumptions on people receiving yesterday! :pac:

_feedback_ wrote: »
    Did you receive an despatch email with tracking number? Was half expecting mine this morning but didn't get an email and order still in progress on website.

I'm sure they're overwhelmed with orders to go out - was basing my assumptions on people receiving yesterday! :pac:

I did, was supposed to come yesterday but an post mis sorted it, an post tracking link says delivered at 7:30, no post in the letter box or around the house that I could see, seems a little odd if it was left outside the house somewhere, plus I was up at 7 so ya.. guess I'm getting onto an post :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

Morning all.

Trying to switch Mrs. S to the sim only, port number.
    On the last page it's saying "Total Monthly Cost €19.98 Total Activation Cost €19.98".

Would I be right in assuming that my monthly will be €9.99 and the first month only (Activation Cost) is €19.98?
    Surely they haven't gone over the 100k subscribers already?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Soarer wrote: »
    Morning all.

Trying to switch Mrs. S to the sim only, port number.
    On the last page it's saying "Total Monthly Cost €19.98 Total Activation Cost €19.98".

Would I be right in assuming that my monthly will be €9.99 and the first month only (Activation Cost) is €19.98?
    Surely they haven't gone over the 100k subscribers already?!

I'd say you have two sims on the order there.. Just delete one of them and it'll drop to €9.99

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Keep trying to verify account and have to put in my birthday but when I try, it says my birthday credentials do not match the ones provided during the setup process. So I opened a Support ticket and got confirmation that they had updated my birthday details on my account. Tried to log in, but got same error message. So I emailed them back and got this response (quoted word for word): "You DOB is correct on your account?"

Hmmm...since I can't log in, how can I check?? I sure hope it's due to high demand/workload at the moment that their support quality is so poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Received sim this morning, changed port date and time to port over immediately. Got the text 20 min later to say it’s ported over .
    My old sim lost reception , however the new sim is still using the gomo 085 number and not my own. Contacted support who said it can take 24 hrs to fully port over , even though I got the text to say my number is now on the network :/
    Just something to be wary of

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Ten Pin wrote: »
    There's one mention of webtext in terms section 16...
    https://gomo.ie/terms/

So maybe there is webtext. Eir's international webtext are free whereas standard phone international SMS aren't.

The main advantage of webtext is that you can send them even with zero credit on PAYG, but that's not going to be an issue on a SIM only tariff with national SMS are included.

If you have a windows PC & Android phone, they have an app that allows you to send SMS from your PC & see photos on your PC that are stored on your phone... It's a very simple app & much better tha webtext... particularly with unlimited text bundles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Guys, has anyone who ported got the first 100,000 offer working for them the 80gb data?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Guys, has anyone who ported got the first 100,000 offer working for them the 80gb data?

Yes a few already posted on this thread.

_feedback_ wrote: »
    I'd say you have two sims on the order there.. Just delete one of them and it'll drop to €9.99

Is correct!

Fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Bluefoam wrote: »
    If you have a windows PC & Android phone, they have an app that allows you to send SMS from your PC & see photos on your PC that are stored on your phone... It's a very simple app & much better tha webtext... particularly with unlimited text bundles.

Who is they?

So as has been posted by myself and others you just need to port in order to cancel your eir 30 day sim only plan.

What isn’t clear to me is how long after the port will you still be billed for? My billing cycle is 10th to 9th of the next month. I set a port date close to that originally thinking I had to give notice but if I port tomorrow how much longer am I billed for or if I port next month will I have to pay longer into novemeber to cover a notice period after porting?

30 day sim only plans are billed in advance as far as I know so I’ve already paid up to the 9th of novemeber so what happens on my next bill or will there be one, a portion of one etc?

Basically is there an advantage to porting sooner assuming the 9.99 activation fee is the first months bill which I had not originally realized.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭eguiney

Masala wrote: »
    What about calling Northern Ireland??? And sending SMS to NI numbers.....

This is my wife's biggest cost currently...... will this offer eliminate this??

Landlines are included in the unlimited calls bundle if you use the 048 dialling code instead of 004428.
    Mobiles cost 23.37c per minute and texts cost 7.38c.
    Out of bundle calls/texts will be stopped when the total for the month reaches €30.

So you get 45,000 minutes, 10,000 texts and 80gb data.

If you head to Spain on holidays say, and you switch to their preferred local operator over there, are you immediately onto their roaming tariff, or do you use the balance of your Irish allowance first and then move to roaming tariff?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Buzzer2016

Lads anyone order sims Tuesday night and still hear nothing about delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

beauf wrote: »
    Who is they?

Microsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Shane_ef wrote: »
    I did, was supposed to come yesterday but an post mis sorted it, an post tracking link says delivered at 7:30, no post in the letter box or around the house that I could see, seems a little odd if it was left outside the house somewhere, plus I was up at 7 so ya.. guess I'm getting onto an post :(
    What time do you usually get your post?
    Postie might have scanned it before he left the depot, it's a letter sized packet. Some posties scan these while getting the post ready as they are often be thrown in the letterbox with letters and the scan can be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Buzzer2016 wrote: »

I'm Tuesday night too and no sign. The 9.99 has been taken out of my account alright. Might be there when I get home.

I ordered sim around Tuesday lunchtime and registered for my account Tuesday evening. Apart from verification text, I’ve heard nothing.

I was onto their web chat who said that there are delays with the emails and to keep checking inbox and spam. Told them I’d contact them tomorrow if still the same.

I’ve left my house before postman arrives so dunno if I have received the SIM today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

Also Tuesday night. Never got an email from the order but created an account on MyGoMo and was able to see the order, still showing "IN PROGRESS". The MyGoMo account creation email went into Gmail spam.

EDIT: Was just onto Web chat and they said to expect progress this afternoon and should have it tomorrow. They said they're also waiting on their SIM and they ordered Tues afternoon. :p

*all sorted*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

Can't seem to make payment online to complete order this morning. Tried 2 separate PCs.

There's a large blank space above where it says 'Your monthly bill will be charged to this card.'.

Can't progress any further.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement