Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Ordered two SIMs on Tuesday afternoon and one arrived this AM by registered post. However, it isn't giving any service beyond emergency calls. Am with Eir at the moment so not a question of reception as it's the same network.
    Webchat said to allow 24 hours for it to register due to the volume of orders and that the second SIM should arrive tomorrow; we shall see!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

ted1 wrote: »
    Are these in the same group as eir ?

https://gomo.sg/home

No, they don't seem to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,468 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Anybody have trouble porting from Tesco? Wife put in prepay registered which was wrong and it's like the porting has got stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭vqr2a0kg3lywos

Macers wrote: »
    Can't seem to make payment online to complete order this morning. Tried 2 separate PCs.

There's a large blank space above where it says 'Your monthly bill will be charged to this card.'.

Can't progress any further.

It will load eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Shane_ef wrote: »
    An post says delivered, no sign of any package tho

Mine says delivered, won't know til I get home later.
    Postie signed for it himself, spelled my name wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Received my sim this morning. Didn't get a dispatch email/text and had to sign for it with AnPost.

Changed my port date to this moring without any issues. Only negative is that my download speeds are not great at all. Tested inside, coastal Wicklow.

My APN was set up by itself to the following: Name - Eir Data, APN - data.myeirmobile.ie

5398632124.png

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

What network were you on previously and how do the speeds compare?

What network were you on previously and how do the speeds compare?

Previously on 48 so only 3G so can't compare. Another phone in the house is currently on Tesco Mobile... speeds at same location coming in as 19.7 down, 23.9 up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Check the coverage map to see where your nearest eir mast is https://siteviewer.comreg.ie/#

Check the coverage map to see where your nearest eir mast is https://siteviewer.comreg.ie/#

About 500 metres away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Anyone using an iPhone getting an error when trying to activate iMessage after porting?
    My number is switched over but keep getting iMessage activation failure message

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Anyone using an iPhone getting an error when trying to activate iMessage after porting?

did you turn it off and on again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Bluefoam wrote: »
    did you turn it off and on again?

Several times, removed sim etc , turned phone off and on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

I’m not sure about this 30-day contracts paid in advance thing... I always get bills to pay after the period of the bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Qrt wrote: »
    I’m not sure about this 30-day contracts paid in advance thing... I always get bills to pay after the period of the bill?

Good point... don't sign up

Qrt wrote: »

I’d be surprised if you do. Normally your line rental (for want of a better word) is for the coming month and your out of contract charges are for the previous month.

If you look closely at your bill I bet it says your being billed for the coming month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

I ordered Tuesday night money was taken out of account and in progress message on their site.
    I entered next Monday as porting date. If the SIM hasn't arrived by then will I be left without a phone till it does ?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭phelant

Have 2 sims under my current provider three3. One is mine other is daughters who is a minor. I want to port both over and keep both original numbers.

Not sure what is the right way to do this as I only seem to have the option to keep one number if I buy 2 sims. Possibly 2 separate transactions. Anyone else done this?

What does it mean if the mast is shown in red, yellow, blue, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Thinking of switching from 3, but I'm wondering what the implications are for post brexit and using data in the UK.
    At least with three you know that you'll get usage on three UK, but there might be a question mark over the current EU roaming rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭BowWow

Sim just delivered. Changed Port Date from next month to 11.30 this morning.

Asked postman was he delivering many, said a good few today. He asked me what it was, told him, said he was paying 50 a month to Virgin, and would now go home and check this out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

I ordered Tuesday night money was taken out of account and in progress message on their site. I entered next Monday as porting date. If the SIM hasn't arrived by then will I be left without a phone till it does ?

To answer my own question. Got in touch through chat was told twill take three working days for delivery. Porting doesn't start till SIM arrives and porting date can be changed then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Buzzer2016 wrote: »
    Lads anyone order sims Tuesday night and still hear nothing about delivery?

Yes, Tuesday evening order. Still saying "in Progress" on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

That's an interesting one. My daughter is currently on Vodafone X deal (top up €20 every 28 days) - and when i had to switch her to another iPhone a few weeks back - was having the exact same issue. Reached out to VF support and they said that a credit balance is required in order for iMessage activation. They applied a €5 credit to the account and then the activation went through successfully.

Don't know how that's going to work with GoMo though. I wouldn't mind - but i've applied to transfer her number over GoMo next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Yes, Tuesday evening order. Still saying "in Progress" on the website

Same here for both mine and my parents two sims

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭glwaymiko

Ordered Tuesday evening arrived this morning,now to port over..

• Registered Users Posts: 13 huron

Just ported over, data and calls working fine.
    I was paying eir 15 a month for 100mins/100texts/1Gb. A tenner is a no brainer for unlimited.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I wonder has there being anyone who ordered a sim yesterday (Wednesday) had it delivered yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Is there any way to restrict usage out of the included allowance ? I expect not, but thought it was worth checking. Not sure this is a real replacement for teenager PAYG given the risk of large bills

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

glwaymiko wrote: »
    Ordered Tuesday evening arrived this morning,now to port over..

Did you get a text or email notifying you of delivery?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement