Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 bkearns

Does anyone know as part of transferring to gomo and porting phone number over, do you have to contact current provider to cancel contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Is there any way to restrict usage out of the included allowance ? I expect not, but thought it was worth checking. Not sure this is a real replacement for teenager PAYG given the risk of large bills

does your teenager use 45,000 minutes of phone calls, or 10,000 SMS messages? If so I'm not sure any plan could contain them...

BTW, Nokia have a deal with a child management software/app firm from Ireland, maybe do a search to see if its useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

bkearns wrote: »
    Does anyone know as part of transferring to gomo and porting phone number over, do you have to contact current provider to cancel contact.

No it's all done by new provider.

You just sit and wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 alexpowermetal

Will be able to order second mobile number leter if I decided to get second number for my kid? Anyone seeing option to dd second mobile number to their account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

HighLine wrote: »
    Received my sim this morning. Didn't get a dispatch email/text and had to sign for it with AnPost.

Changed my port date to this moring without any issues. Only negative is that my download speeds are not great at all. Tested inside, coastal Wicklow.

My APN was set up by itself to the following: Name - Eir Data, APN - data.myeirmobile.ie

5398632124.png

Just to follow up on this... I have since checked again and speeds have increased.

5398788955.png

Now I just need to figure out setting up Voicemail. Can't find the Webchat support online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Having issues porting over. Have tried twice today but am getting a message on my original sim saying there is already a move in progress (There isn't to the best of my knowledge). I'm with eir. Has anyone got this message?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Will be able to order second mobile number leter if I decided to get second number for my kid? Anyone seeing option to dd second mobile number to their account?

Just use a different email address and set up a separate account

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Ordered one to test and will port over after testing.

Eir offering Apple tv 4k.

https://twitter.com/eir/status/1184782450372816896

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭shmeee

BowWow wrote: »
    Sim just delivered. Changed Port Date from next month to 11.30 this morning.

Asked postman was he delivering many, said a good few today. He asked me what it was, told him, said he was paying 50 a month to Virgin, and would now go home and check this out...

Did port work?

Friend having a problem.

He is getting an error text saying:

"Oh no! We tried to move your number to our network but there is already a move in progress for this number. See our FAQs at.............."

He moved his port date when received SIM today but got that above error text twice now.

Anyone else expecting the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭BowWow

shmeee wrote: »
    Did port work?

Friend having a problem.

He is getting an error text saying:

"Oh no! We tried to move your number to our network but there is already a move in progress for this number. See our FAQs at.............."

He moved his port date when received SIM today but got that above error text twice now.

Anyone else expecting the same issue?

Yes, port worked, painless, less than 15 mins(could have been quicker, that was when I checked it). Making calls, on Data at change over.
    Impressed with how this has all worked so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dayo93

Recieved my sim this morning , have set up to port my number tomorrow morning.

How does the porting work , do i just pop the new sim in at the specified time and the number should port over ??

Dayo93 wrote: »

How does the porting work , do i just pop the new sim in at the specified time and the number should port over ??

Just wait till your current sim loses service and then pop the new sim into your phone

Dayo93 wrote: »

I set mine up to change at 11.30.
    Left old sim in phone and phone on desk. Came back into room after 15, phone said "Emergency Calls Only". Swapped Sims, typed in PIN that came with new sim. Everything worked. Changed PIN to one that I'll remember.
    Done....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

bkearns wrote:

From what I've learned here you don't

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭shmeee

BowWow wrote: »
    Yes, port worked, painless, less than 15 mins(could have been quicker, that was when I checked it). Making calls, on Data at change over.
    Impressed with how this has all worked so far.

Thanks.

Very strange one, as everyone else who has changed port date had no problem. He is now thinking it may be a problem at Eir's end (his current provider with a SIM Only Plan)

shmeee wrote: »
    Thanks.

Very strange one, as everyone else who has changed port date had no problem. He is now thinking it may be a problem at Eir's end (his current provider with a SIM Only Plan)

I was with eir on Sim only also.
    Just checked and "myeir" account is no longer active, says i will get final bill on 3rd. november.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Can I keep my number if I’m currently a Vodafone PAYG customer?

From what I've learned here you don't

You only need to ring them if you're still in a contract with them.

Can I keep my number if I’m currently a Vodafone PAYG customer?

Yes. You can keep your number if you want.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

inforfun wrote: »
    Oh, i will definitely not leave in in the 3 account. No worries.
    I had set my porting date on november 14th.
    My data add on wth 3 expires the 21st this month and i am not even going to let that go unused :D

If you've already ordered your new GOMO SIM, you may as well port straight away as you'll be paying the same price regardless. If you want to hold off until the middle of November to port, then best hold off ordering a GOMO SIM until then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

I'm transferring from Virgin Mobile, but I've paid up on Oct 7 for my current 30 day plan until today. I've set the porting date for next month just in case. Will I be out the balance of next month if I change the port date to the date I receive the new SIM?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Quackster wrote: »
    If you've already ordered your new GOMO SIM, you may as well port straight away as you'll be paying the same price regardless. If you want to hold off until the middle of November to port, then best hold off ordering a GOMO SIM until then.

Risk doing that would be not being in the first 100k users. Thus paying whatever they will charge after that.

I've put my port date to November 6th for similar plans. Need to let my 28 day Vodafone X plan run it's course and then switch over.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭capefear

any one else having problems signing up. it lets me go the whole way then I get an error message try again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Signed up 2 days ago. Sim arrived yesterday and I popped it in and ported my number this morning. All relatively painlessly. Soon afterwards the rain stopped and the sun came out. Now I'm not saying the two things are linked but I'm also not saying that they aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭patrickmrogan

Does being in the first 100k count for when you order or when you port?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭epopnomis

I would think that once you register and pay your 1st 9.99 sign on fee then you are technically a customer of theirs. But I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

Soarer wrote: »
    So you get 45,000 minutes, 10,000 texts and 80gb data.

If you head to Spain on holidays say, and you switch to their preferred local operator over there, are you immediately onto their roaming tariff, or do you use the balance of your Irish allowance first and then move to roaming tariff?

Any takers for this one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Can make but not receive calls after porting. Porting never goes straight forward for me for some reason :/

People need to get over this 100k figure, I cant see it being reached as quick as people on here think it will, and if it is, they'll just extend it. At the end of the day, no one will know how many customers have signed up unless GoMo release that information. As long as people are still joining up to them, they will continue to take them and in my opinion will continue to offer this price point

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote: »
    Any takers for this one?

Like most questions on this thread, the answer is in the GoMo FAQ's thread mentioned in the first post of this thread....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement