Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,377 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Soarer wrote: »
    Any takers for this one?

Roam like at home except the Data allowance is reduced to 10gb, similar to Three. (Not sure how they get around this EU law to an extent)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Soarer wrote: »
    Any takers for this one?

Once you log on to another country's operator, you are roaming, regardless as to whether it GoMo preferred operator or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I wonder would this be a good option for GSM alarm!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭bromley52

capefear wrote: »
    any one else having problems signing up. it lets me go the whole way then I get an error message try again later.

I was having the same problem last night when I tried to order on both my smart phone and PC.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I wonder would this be a good option for GSM alarm!!!

Not sure, but I know the GSM card in my HKC 1070 panel requires a 2g sim card only, it wont accept a three or vodafone sim card. I currently have an legacy O2 sim in it working on the three network and a 10e top up lasts me months

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Is there any way to restrict usage out of the included allowance ? I expect not, but thought it was worth checking. Not sure this is a real replacement for teenager PAYG given the risk of large bills

45000 minutes a month is equal to talking 24hours a day for 28 days non-stop if there was 67 minutes per hour!

80GB? I doubt it??
    10,000 texts when whatsapp and snapchat is around?
    I think you're safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

cronos wrote: »
    Risk doing that would be not being in the first 100k users. Thus paying whatever they will charge after that.

I've put my port date to November 6th for similar plans. Need to let my 28 day Vodafone X plan run it's course and then switch over.
    There is no risk of that happening because I signed up today and port in mid-November and the email from Gomo confirmed my monthly plan is €9.99

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭go4it

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Roam like at home except the Data allowance is reduced to 10gb, similar to Three. (Not sure how they get around this EU law to an extent)

" ...My contract includes unlimited data :
    If you have amobile phone contract where you pay a fixed monthly fee and it includes bundled services with unlimited data, your mobile operator must give you with a large volume of roaming data. The exact amount will depend on how much you pay for your mobile contract. However, the volume of data must be at least twice the amount obtained by dividing the price of your mobile contract (excluding VAT) by the wholesale data roaming cap (€4.50 in 2019) "

redacted
    Sample story
    Contract with unlimited data - roaming allowance
    Paul in Ireland pays €10 (excluding VAT) for her mobile phone contract, which includes unlimited calls, text messages (SMS) and data. When he uses his mobile phone on holiday in Italy, he gets unlimited calls and SMS and at least 4.5 GB of data (2 x (€10 / €4.50) = 4.5).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Aquos76 wrote: »
    People need to get over this 100k figure, I cant see it being reached as quick as people on here think it will, and if it is, they'll just extend it. At the end of the day, no one will know how many customers have signed up unless GoMo release that information. As long as people are still joining up to them, they will continue to take them and in my opinion will continue to offer this price point
    Exactly.

The 100k was likely a target that they were setting themselves and used it for marketing to get people to sign up sooner than later. I would doubt that they will reach 100k this year.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Is there a full list of countries supported for EU / EEA roaming?

Specifically, do they still count Switzerland as part of EU / EEA?

They own Freemobile.fr and iliad.it so I would guess they support they same as those if not the same as meteor/eir.
    https://alertify.eu/iliad-and-roaming-in-the-eu-list-of-countries-where-you-can-use-the-4g-network/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

Apologies if this is a stupid question. I ordered 2 sims will I be able to port one for myself and one for my daughter or should I have ordered under a separate account/email for my daughter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭BowWow

will I be able to port one for myself and one for my daughter?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

BowWow wrote: »
    Yes.

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

ED E wrote: »
    How would you get the text when you haven't got the SIM yet....

Was on to them now port date tomorrow... Now they say there is a 5 day wait..
    For sim...
    Starting to regret I signed up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Suckit wrote: »
    Exactly.

The 100k was likely a target that they were setting themselves and used it for marketing to get people to sign up sooner than later. I would doubt that they will reach 100k this year.

True. They may offer this price point, but not offer this price point as lifetime which seems to be the comittment currently.

Although I suspect they will use 5g as the method to ramp up the price in subsequent years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

The catch with this is, if something goes wrong it’s a nightmare to resolve. I’ve been onto chat the last 3 hours going around in circles trying to solve an issue that I can’t receive any phone calls since porting.
    I guess you really do get what you pay for ..
    With no phone number to contact for support you better pray nothing goes wrong with your port.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Was thinking of getting an extra one to use for WiFi camera in a house that doesn't have broadband and no need for it....

The catch with this is, if something goes wrong it’s a nightmare to resolve. I’ve been onto chat the last 3 hours going around in circles trying to solve an issue that I can’t receive any phone calls since porting.
    Have a look at reviews of iliad.it and freemobile.fr.

Mind you, not any different really to what has been said about lycamobile or eir for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭shmeee

HighLine wrote: »
    Just to follow up on this... I have since checked again and speeds have increased.

5398788955.png

Now I just need to figure out setting up Voicemail. Can't find the Webchat support online.

Did you change to the Meteor APN settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

While I'm waiting to receive my sim, I see a few posts about issues with iMessage activation. Can anyone confirm that iMessage gets activated and working ok?

I experienced similar issues like this with ID Mobile years ago when they started up, it was a mess trying to get it activated (or sometimes it just didnt work)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

dave oc wrote: »
    While I'm waiting to receive my sim, I see a few posts about issues with iMessage activation. Can anyone confirm that iMessage gets activated and working ok?

I experienced similar issues like this with ID Mobile years ago when they started up, it was a mess trying to get it activated (or sometimes it just didnt work)

Mines not activated still. Think it’s linked to the fact I can’t receive any calls either. Chat weren’t able to help and gave me an email address to contact. God knows when they’ll get back to me. If it’s not sorted within 24 hrs I’m moving back to virgin. Things like this are a nightmare to sort when they go wrong

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I asked in the chat and was told they will not supply the credit like my current provider(Vodafone) to activate but to contact them when I get my sim if I run into problems. I wasn't too impressed with their response...

Mines not activated still. Think it’s linked to the fact I can’t receive any calls either. Chat weren’t able to help and gave me an email address to contact. God knows when they’ll get back to me. If it’s not sorted within 24 hrs I’m moving back to virgin. Things like this are a nightmare to sort when they go wrong

Porting gone wrong is the worst.

Eir actually 'lost' my number for a week and a bit two years ago which is how I landed on VF. The actual Eir shop fecked it up worse when I went in to them.

But I took a chance with the porting this time cos of the price and I was lucky.
    Hope it gets sorted very soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

shmeee wrote: »
    Did you change to the Meteor APN settings?

No I left it as what GoMo sent out.. so APN is data.myeirmobile.ie

Wonder should I change it to Meteor? Download back down to 7mb now.

HighLine wrote: »
    No I left it as what GoMo sent out.. so APN is data.myeirmobile.ie

Wonder should I change it to Meteor? Download back down to 7mb now.

There's no harm adding it as an option.

My 3G(H+) is faster than 4G at home and out and about in the locality - it's absolutely fine though for streaming/any data requirements etc etc - it's just my location.
    The masts around me are mainly Three and VF with one meteor labelled one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Speed testing
    Three speedtest done on a separate phone, Vodafone and GoMo on the same dual sim phone
    App used, Speedtest.net - Server Blacknight - 4G connections - Indoor
    Three 45.4/D 5/U Vodafone 10/D 3/U GoMo 8/D 5/U
    Three 35/D 3/U Vodafone 14/D 3/U GoMo 15.3/D 8.5/U
    Three 22/D 2/U Vodafone 14/D 2/U GoMo 16/D 6/U

*There are 2 Three mast (One old O2 and one Three) Nearby and only 1 Vodafone and 1 Meteor mast, I believe the Meteor and O2 ones are on the same mast/location

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Is there any way to restrict usage out of the included allowance ? I expect not, but thought it was worth checking. Not sure this is a real replacement for teenager PAYG given the risk of large bills

You can have a bar placed on both premium calls and texts, which would be a no-brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

With no phone number to contact for support you better pray nothing goes wrong with your port.
    I moved to Three recently and haven't been able to get any verification texts. Having a number to call hasn't helped me there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 elnoelio

Anyone having issues with setting up voicemail?

Ported today and everything working bar that.

I dial 171 and get asked to enter my phone number or just press the # key if I'm using my own phone.
    So I enter # and get told I've entered an invalid mailbox number.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

cronos wrote: »
    Risk doing that would be not being in the first 100k users. Thus paying whatever they will charge after that.

I've put my port date to November 6th for similar plans. Need to let my 28 day Vodafone X plan run it's course and then switch over.

Not a chance they'll hit 100k for months at least. In any case, I expect it's only a gimmick to rush people into signing up.

Notwithstanding that, if you order your SIM now, there's almost no benefit holding off porting as you're paying for the GOMO service from when the SIM is delivered, not when you port.

Only reason to hold off porting is if you want to use the GOMO service in parallel with your existing service for a period of testing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement