Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭davehey79

Is there a dedicated Webchat or just a CONTACT US page i see some people mention Webchat but for the life of me cannot find it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Was thinking of getting an extra one to use for WiFi camera in a house that doesn't have broadband and no need for it....

My guess is that these SIMs are doubled NAT'd so I dont know if you would be able to access it remotely. Or maybe the camera send the data out to a central server and you access it that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

elnoelio wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with setting up voicemail?

Ported today and everything working bar that.

I dial 171 and get asked to enter my phone number or just press the # key if I'm using my own phone.
    So I enter # and get told I've entered an invalid mailbox number.

Yeah same issue here. I've sent a contact question to them so will wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

davehey79 wrote: »
    Is there a dedicated Webchat or just a CONTACT US page i see some people mention Webchat but for the life of me cannot find it !!

Make sure you are signed into your account, I had to sign out and in earlier today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I dial 171 and get asked to enter my phone number or just press the # key if I'm using my own phone.
    HighLine wrote: »
    Yeah same issue here. I've send a contact question to them so will wait and see.

Just tried it - same here both entering the number + # and just #
    Let's know what they say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 elnoelio

HighLine wrote: »
    Yeah same issue here. I've send a contact question to them so will wait and see.

Thanks for the reply...just did the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Have you tried with both the number assigned to you and the ported number?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

ported number this morning successfully . . .booked in for 10:33 and was ported before 11am

Old Eir account was closed too (I did not have to close myself)

only issue i have now is the sim shows in my phone with the 085xxxxxxx number not my ported number.

trying to figure out how to edit/update that (lg v20)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

If I was to purchase 2 now but not port until Feb will it be possible to port current number at that point?

I am locked in with Eir until then and the break fee is €800 euro just spent 30 mins wasting time trying to come up with an option with them as have BB, 4 mobiles, housephone with them - Loyalty certainly doesnt exist in this game :)

I am happy to pay the 20 per month for 2 of them for the 4 months as long as can then port the numbers when contract is up. Understand offer may still be same but would prefer to lock now. currently paying 45 a month so will pay back the outlay quick enough.

appreciate any thoughts?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Mr.S wrote: »
    Is there a full list of countries supported for EU / EEA roaming?

Specifically, do they still count Switzerland as part of EU / EEA?

Switzerland is not in the EEA and so is not covered by the EU roaming regulations. Individual operators are perfectly free to apply EU regulated rates to roaming there if they like. Vodafone does but Three doesn't. Not sure about Eir but don't think so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭xckjoo

davehey79 wrote: »
    I was having the same issue. Hadn't seen it since day 1. So logged in and kept refreshing the page until it appeared today (small tab on the right of the page). Seems to appear and disappear for me. Might be related to how busy they are.

Very quick response once I clicked it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭nihicib2

Has anyone had any problems registering their email address?

I paid and received a text saying the payment had gone through and my sim would be out for delivery soon but every time I try to register my email address I don't get an email, have checked spam folders etc so can't register to My GoMo

Any ideas?

Mines not activated still. Think it’s linked to the fact I can’t receive any calls either. Chat weren’t able to help and gave me an email address to contact. God knows when they’ll get back to me. If it’s not sorted within 24 hrs I’m moving back to virgin. Things like this are a nightmare to sort when they go wrong
    Did you make sure your old SIM is dead? When you call another number from your new SIM, what number shows up as caller ID?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

That sounds a bit of a pain about imessage but more so the voicemail access.

Has anyone got their voicemail working?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭shmeee

LizardKing wrote: »
    ported number this morning successfully . . .booked in for 10:33 and was ported before 11am

Old Eir account was closed too (I did not have to close myself)

only issue i have now is the sim shows in my phone with the 085xxxxxxx number not my ported number.

trying to figure out how to edit/update that (lg v20)

I put my Eir sim into a Xiaomi phone last March and I had to edit my number as was showing the original sim card number I ported over too.

On my phone it was under Sim Cards & Mobile Networks in settings and put in my correct number there.

Doesn't actually make a difference really to usage, but when dual sims are in, easier know which is which is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Inviere

Set up a family member last night, set porting changeover for about two weeks ahead. Does anyone know if anything further needs to be done for the old account (Eir billpay), as I don't want said family member being hit with the existing bill AND €10 per month too.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

I've signed up but I'm a bit confused about roaming charges.

There's "FREE", "€1.99/min" and "30c/min". When do each apply?

IF I'm in Ireland and I want to call Germany (in the EU!) - How much/min?

IF I'm in France and want to call Ireland - How much/min?

IF I'm in Denmark and want to call Belgium - How much/min?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

marrm wrote: »

IF I'm in Ireland and I want to call Germany free

IF I'm in France and want to call Ireland free

IF I'm in Denmark and want to call Belgium free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭wolf9

xckjoo wrote: »
    I was having the same issue. Hadn't seen it since day 1. So logged in and kept refreshing the page until it appeared today (small tab on the right of the page). Seems to appear and disappear for me. Might be related to how busy they are.

Very quick response once I clicked it though.

If you go to 'mygomo' , then select 'dont have an account register' ......it will bring you to email verification screen, the chat now tab appears on right hand side , it can disappear the odd time but seems to be there now and more so than any other page on the site

Bluefoam wrote: »

No, your first example is wrong as calls from Ireland to other EEA countries are not roaming calls and are covered under another EU regulation capping the cost of calls/texts from your home country to another EEA country. The current rate for this is 19c/min + VAT.

https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/faq/caps-international-calls-and-sms-within-eu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 aflossj

Any more speeds from Dublin city or more specifically, Ringsend / Grand Canal Dock? Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

marrm wrote: »

Bluefoam wrote: »

Ireland to Germany isn't free, not sure about Denmark to Belgium.

I think roaming is when you are abroad and calling home or an Irish number. I don't think it means you can call abroad. Which is any other Country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭BowWow

In Ireland, using Irish mobile to call Germany, NOT free - it's an international call.

In France, using Irish mobile to call Ireland, FREE, it's roaming.

In Denmark, using Irish mobile to call Belgium, NOT free - it's an international call.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Anyone have their voicemail working?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭BubbleBuddy

"Understand GoMo is well over 10k registrations now; executives talking about hitting 100k within months": Adrian Weckler on Twitter. Hmmm.
    Well done boards.ie

Quackster wrote: »
    Switzerland is not in the EEA and so is not covered by the EU roaming regulations. Individual operators are perfectly free to apply EU regulated rates to roaming there if they like. Vodafone does but Three doesn't. Not sure about Eir but don't think so.

I can confirm Eir treat Switzerland as being non-Eu so no free roaming.
    BowWow wrote: »
    In Ireland, using Irish mobile to call Germany, NOT free - it's an international call.

In Denmark, using Irish mobile to call Belgium, NOT free - it's an international call.

Think you are wrong on the last point. Once you are roaming it treats all the Eu as one basically you can call anywhere as part of your plan. It’s why people were suggesting getting a UK sim for example if you make a lot of international calls as if you are using a UK sim in Ireland it’s roaming and you can call anywhere in Europe as if it’s a UK domestic call (leaving brexit aside for a minute)..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

"Understand GoMo is well over 10k registrations now; executives talking about hitting 100k within months": Adrian Weckler on Twitter. Hmmm.
    Well done boards.ie

I'm no loyal customer, I'll go where it's cheaper and hopefully still a good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

BowWow wrote: »

3rd one would be considered roaming in EU also so free.

Edit; sorry was already clarified above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'm no loyal customer, I'll go where it's cheaper and hopefully still a good service.

I got 9.99 with eir on renewal of broadband which I also got a reduction in price for .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Mines not activated still. Think it’s linked to the fact I can’t receive any calls either. Chat weren’t able to help and gave me an email address to contact. God knows when they’ll get back to me. If it’s not sorted within 24 hrs I’m moving back to virgin. Things like this are a nightmare to sort when they go wrong

https://www.independent.ie/business/technology/news/eir-and-vodafone-admit-charging-customers-for-free-facetime-and-imessage-access-on-iphones-36148538.html

This is from 2017 but might be something to do with the issue of activation problems?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement