Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Regarding voicemail issues, I got the following response:

"Some customers have reported issues with the voicemail service. It is being investigated at the moment and should be be resolved shortly."

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

I have a good amount of EIR credit.

Should I use it up before porting or simply to order another SIM?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Mines not activated still. Think it’s linked to the fact I can’t receive any calls either. Chat weren’t able to help and gave me an email address to contact. God knows when they’ll get back to me. If it’s not sorted within 24 hrs I’m moving back to virgin. Things like this are a nightmare to sort when they go wrong

I received my SIM but it isn't activated yet. Still says my plan is In Progress when I log into MyGoMo.

I never received a text from An Post and never signed for my SIM delivery either. GoMo said if you don't sign for the SIM their system doesn't know you received it and won't activate.

They said SIMs should activate within 48 hours anyway so just waiting still.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

marrm wrote: »
    I've signed up but I'm a bit confused about roaming charges.

There's "FREE", "€1.99/min" and "30c/min". When do each apply?

IF I'm in Ireland and I want to call Germany (in the EU!) - How much/min?

IF I'm in France and want to call Ireland - How much/min?

IF I'm in Denmark and want to call Belgium - How much/min?

SO: lots of confusion, different answers. I "chatted" twice with GOMO, got different answers each time. So even they don't know. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

When Three cancel my account after the switch, will it also cancel my insurance automatically?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

marrm wrote: »
    SO: lots of confusion, different answers. I "chatted" twice with GOMO, got different answers each time. So even they don't know. :-(

The EU rule with roaming is that you have to spend more than half the time in your home country. When you are in your home country calls to other EU countries are classed as an international call.

However, when you travel in the EU (i.e. you are roaming), calls to any EU landline/mobile are treated the same as if you were calling an irish mobile/landline while in Ireland.

One of the most useful things the EU have done in recent years imo.

Jim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

brimal wrote: »
    I received my SIM but it isn't activated yet. Still says my plan is In Progress when I log into MyGoMo.

I never received a text from An Post and never signed for my SIM delivery either. GoMo said if you don't sign for the SIM their system doesn't know you received it and won't activate.

I didn't have to sign for SIM.
    My service was ported and activated and is working.
    My account though still says order in progress though my correct ported number is displayed.
    I guess postman didn't scan it before dumping it but I'm up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,346 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

brimal wrote: »

I didn't sign for anything. Just found them in our letterbox. And plan activated the same morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

lawred2 wrote:
    I didn't sign for anything. Just found them in our letterbox. And plan activated the same morning.

Good to know as I am away all next week when the Sim is due to be delivered.
    Chat said it needs to be signed for but depends on postman I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭arek_s

can't pay with revolut, they told me it's not irish bank so they can't accept it :-D
    anyone was able to pay with revolut account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

arek_s wrote:
    can't pay with revolut, they told me it's not irish bank so they can't accept it :-D anyone was able to pay with revolut account?

Yep paid with revolut no issues.
    I heard people were having issue if it was a revolut MasterCard but mine is visa went straight through

• Registered Users Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭Jeff2

arek_s wrote: »
    can't pay with revolut, they told me it's not irish bank so they can't accept it :-D

I used the vertual visa card.

You get a pop-up message to go into app and OK the charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Great deal but no WiFi calling makes it a non-runner for me.
    Incidentally, the Eir website is down for maintenance with a message of great offers to come.....

What do you mean by that? What can I not do? I connct to my wifi in the house and use Data outside. Is wifi calling something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Inviere

arek_s wrote: »

Yep paid last night with Revolut, went through no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

paska wrote: »
    What do you mean by that? What can I not do? I connct to my wifi in the house and use Data outside. Is wifi calling something else?

Phone calls where you have no phone service. Not whatsapp calls etc, actual phone calls. For people in blackspots it can be very useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

nephster wrote: »
    Ordered two SIMs on Tuesday afternoon and one arrived this AM by registered post. However, it isn't giving any service beyond emergency calls. Am with Eir at the moment so not a question of reception as it's the same network.
    Webchat said to allow 24 hours for it to register due to the volume of orders and that the second SIM should arrive tomorrow; we shall see!

Can I just ask if you ordered both Sims together under the same order ?
    I ordered two sims on Tuesday (ordered together with just one order number). One arrived this morning, despite both showing as 'order in progress' in MyGoMo. Just wondering if you are in a similar position.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭tylerdylan

Anyone got Imessage working?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Nedzer01

Looking forward to my contract expiring - 120 euro a year in mobile costs and change

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

tylerdylan wrote: »
    Anyone got Imessage working?

If your currently using iMessage then wait for your sim to lose service and only then insert the new GoMo sim, which will now have ported your existing number on to it, that way there should be no disruption to your iMessage, I stand corrected on this thou, it’s just an assumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Luckylow10

Hey guys,

I signed up Tuesday to port tomorrow but I need to change port date.

When i go to account details ->move number it says I can't because I don't have an active service.

What do I do?

I had same issue, I contacted them on chat and they said they don’t know when it will be posted could take 5 working days or so, so I asked them to cancel it . They cancelled and will refund the €10 activation fee.

It was my mistake I put wrong port date in

However I will sign up again in the few weeks when hopefully things have settled down And any teething problems such as iMessage and voicemail etc is working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    I didn't have to sign for SIM.
    My service was ported and activated and is working.
    My account though still says order in progress though my correct ported number is displayed.
    I guess postman didn't scan it before dumping it but I'm up and running.[/quote

Postie probably signed for it on your behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Luckylow10 wrote: »
    I had same issue, I contacted them on chat and they said they don’t know when it will be posted could take 5 working days or so, so I asked them to cancel it . They cancelled and will refund the €10 activation fee.

It was my mistake I put wrong port date in

However I will sign up again in the few weeks when hopefully things have settled down And any teething problems such as iMessage and voicemail etc is working

Stupid question, but how do you find live chat? Only thing I can see is the send a message screen

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Have you tried with both the number assigned to you and the ported number?

I just tried this with the original SIM number rather than my ported number and i got 'sorry you must call 171 from your meteor phone'

So GoMo is just a rebrand/reopen of Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,153 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

theShire wrote: »
    So GoMo is just a rebrand/reopen of Meteor.

Basically yes, exact same network as Eir surprised with the meteor voicemail thought they would have started fresh.
    It's aimed at students and people who don't rely on their phones daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭pissed

Son ported over there at 5pm. Next to no signal in Ashbourne. Calls going through to voicemail, speedtest wont load. Looks like its a return to 48. Shame as such a great deal.

What do you mean by this, “it’s aimed at students and people who don’t rely on their phones daily”

It’s practically the same plan as eir’s sim only plan but with an excellent price point. I know loads who have moved already and they would be heavy phone users, both calls and data and they aren’t students.

pissed wrote: »
    Son ported over there at 5pm. Next to no signal in Ashbourne. Calls going through to voicemail, speedtest wont load. Looks like its a return to 48. Shame as such a great deal.

Did ye not check out the Eir coverage beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Basically yes, exact same network as Eir surprised with the meteor voicemail thought they would have started fresh.
    It's aimed at students and people who don't rely on their phones daily.

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭pissed

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Did ye not check out the Eir coverage beforehand?
    Unfortunately not. Took it for granted that at least would get 3g which we have on 48 network.

"Enjoy 99% 3G population coverage and 97% 4G population coverage across Ireland."

Our part of Ashbourne obviously falls into the 1%.
    Just checked the Eir coverage and apparently we are supposed to be in an excellent 4g area. :|

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,153 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Aquos76 wrote: »
    What do you mean by this, “it’s aimed at students and people who don’t rely on their phones daily”

It’s practically the same plan as eir’s sim only plan but with an excellent price point. I know loads who have moved already and they would be heavy phone users, both calls and data and they aren’t students.

You've no service anywhere besides online webchat, something goes wrong on Thursday afternoon it'll be Monday or Tuesday before your back on the air. Suit a lot of people but a lot more it could cost them more than they'll save in the year.
    Going to use one for a smart device couldn't afford to be at the mercy of eircom without any support there bad enough when they actually offer support.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement