Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,531 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Inviere wrote: »
    I'll be the same. Do you know if we have to manually cancel an existing eir offer?

No, it ends if you port your number over or cease topping up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,531 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Aquos76 wrote: »
    But you've already paid for this months usage in your 9.99 activation fee, so technically you've nothing to lose by setting it up now.

Except I have some credit I want to use once the offer expires.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

It'll be great to be able to use SMS again.
    Some people still text me rather than WhatsApp.

It was never worth the extra €10 on Eir prepay.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Mr.S wrote: »
    I realise they are not in the EEA, but European operators usually lump CH in with the EU / EEA roaming list. I think in Ireland only VF do this, so just wondering!

(The link someone posted of the another operator owned by the same company does this, for example)

I've asked the support team anyway :)

https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/roaming_charges-2.pdf

I ordered Tuesday afternoon with a port for Monday morning - still no sim! Order still in progress

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

What did they shut down Meteor?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

fritzelly wrote: »
    I ordered Tuesday afternoon with a port for Monday morning - still no sim! Order still in progress

If ye go onto FAQ on their site it says that sims will be delivered within 2 working days. It then gives ye the option to contact them if ye have a processing/delivery query.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Can I just ask if you ordered both Sims together under the same order ?
    I ordered two sims on Tuesday (ordered together with just one order number). One arrived this morning, despite both showing as 'order in progress' in MyGoMo. Just wondering if you are in a similar position.

Yes, exactly as that. I wonder if I won't get service on the first until the second arrives and triggers the order being complete...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Fann Linn wrote: »
    If ye go onto FAQ on their site it says that sims will be delivered within 2 working days. It then gives ye the option to contact them if ye have a processing/delivery query.

It's 5 days now... Got that in chat today

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Redqwerty

Mr.S wrote: »
    Disagree with that. It’s just cheap.

On paper, the offering is better then every other network at the moment.

Nonsense. If that was the case it wouldn't be "unlimited"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

If I put my port date in as Saturday but don't receive the Gomo sim card by then will my current sim stop working on Saturday?

You can change the port date if you register for mygomo. I received mine today so I brought the port date forward. I'm posting from the network now. Speeds are fine. Not Vodafone speeds but perfectly adequate for my needs. Things like voicemail etc will get ironed out.

Does anyone know is there anyway to check your usage apart from when you get your bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

What will happen then?

Will your current sim stop working?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Redqwerty wrote: »
    Nonsense. If that was the case it wouldn't be "unlimited"

All operators are guilty of using this term "unlimited", 80GB is a better offering that three's all you can eat data offering of 60GB's

What will happen then?

Unlikely as there is no sim to port it to (but its eir and anything can happen!)

It's more I don't wanna be without service

What will happen then?

Ive been assured by online chat that if a sim hasn't been received by your porting time, then the port wont go through and you can just select another time once your sim arrives.

Unlikely as there is no sim to port it to (but its eir and anything can happen!)

It's more I don't wanna be without service

Will your current service stop working on Monday regardless of whether your GoMo sim arrives?

Ive been assured by online chat that if a sim hasn't been received by your porting time, then the port wont go through and you can just select another time once your sim arrives.

Excellent because thats the situation I'll be in..

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Redqwerty

LizardKing wrote: »
    just onto Eir chat asking about process here to move from sim only plan to gomo.. he told me i needed to go to a shop .. eir support is really the worst

Not sure what's worse, you contacting eir support to find out the process of moving to another provider (separate identity) when there is simple clear instructions on the site or eir chat services who dont support this provider advising you to go to a shop....stupidity cancelled out...

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    You can change the port date if you register for mygomo. I received mine today so I brought the port date forward. I'm posting from the network now. Speeds are fine. Not Vodafone speeds but perfectly adequate for my needs. Things like voicemail etc will get ironed out.

Does anyone know is there anyway to check your usage apart from when you get your bill?

I am registered - where can I find option to change port time?

Thanks!

Thanks!

You cant until a number has been allocated to you.

• Advertisement

Excellent because thats the situation I'll be in..

As will I at 10am in the morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

pissed wrote: »
    Unfortunately not. Took it for granted that at least would get 3g which we have on 48 network.

"Enjoy 99% 3G population coverage and 97% 4G population coverage across Ireland."

Our part of Ashbourne obviously falls into the 1%.
    Just checked the Eir coverage and apparently we are supposed to be in an excellent 4g area. :|

You sure that is ported correctly?

I am on Eir, visit Ashbourne regularly and worked there for about a year and never had any issues with them at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

What will happen then?

No they have 5 day waiting time..ports are pushed back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Thanks!

My.gomo.ie -> Account details -> move your number -> Schedule port

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

3 network been down all day in the UK, wondering is that causing some issues for people calling..

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    My.gomo.ie -> Account details -> move your number -> Schedule port

Not until a number has been allocated to you unfortunately

Screen-Shot-2019-10-17-at-20-21-04.png

• Registered Users Posts: 24,346 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Not until a number has been allocated to you unfortunately

Screen-Shot-2019-10-17-at-20-21-04.png

When did you order?

lawred2 wrote: »
    When did you order?

Tuesday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

As I haven't received my sim yet, I cant confirm one way or the other, but I just checked on my son's phone, his sim came today, he doesn't have the option for wifi calling on his One Plus 6 phone. I'd rather not try his sim in my phone as i dont want to mess up my imessage settings.

I currently have wifi calling with Eir, but I never use it as I find it to unstable in parts of the house with weak wifi
    It might be to do with your son's phone settings or os too. I came across this https://www.eir.ie/support/smartphonehelp/?page=topic/wifi/how-to-enable-and-disable-wifi-calling/device/oneplus/6/os-selection

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

pissed wrote: »
    Unfortunately not. Took it for granted that at least would get 3g which we have on 48 network.

"Enjoy 99% 3G population coverage and 97% 4G population coverage across Ireland."

Our part of Ashbourne obviously falls into the 1%.
    Just checked the Eir coverage and apparently we are supposed to be in an excellent 4g area. :|

did you try the meteor APn posted here:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111526587&postcount=4

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement