Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Tuesday evening

Have you got your sims?

Both our sims were in hand and active within 24 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Exactly I can't afford to be off the air for that long as I said it'll suit people who don't care about being uncontactable. Wish I had the luxury.
    Good value for a data sim, think Virgin were doing a similar offer for €5 a month a while back but unfortunately I'm not in a virgin area.

Someone who's in that boat needs a plan - a second emergency sim!
    It sounds like you're a business?
    If so, GoMo don't allow it (just as well)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

lawred2 wrote: »
    Have you got your sims?

Both our sims were in hand and active within 24 hours.

No, I didn't order till around 8pm Tuesday evening, One of my sons ordered his at 5pm and he got his this morning, my other son ordered his after 6 and he's also still waiting. Its not really an issue for me as long as my port doesn't go through in the morning at he time I selected. Online chat are saying it wont port at scheduled time unless me sim has been delivered first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

My experience. Ordered two Sims early on Tuesday before the offer was supposed to go live. Sims arrives the next morning. Two APNs added on both phones. On the Xiaomi Mi A2 lite it was incorrectly set to the MMS APN. Scheduled the poring of numbers for 9am this morning. Went through ok, but both phones needed to either be rebooted or set to flight mode on/off. Get 4G/3G solidly in an area that often only has 2G on the Three/Tesco network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

Trying to order two sims but every time enter in account number it’s asking for a valid account number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭BowWow

cefh17 wrote: »
    Stupid question, but how do you find live chat? Only thing I can see is the send a message screen

After you sign in, it's a tab on the right of the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

lola85 wrote: »
    Trying to order two sims but every time enter in account number it’s asking for a valid account number?

First sim not active - still at processing?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JAMCAR

Hi all does GoMo support WiFi calling,
    Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

JAMCAR wrote: »
    Tks

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Oige1981

Davy wrote: »
    First sim not active - still at processing?

I ordered two sims got the dispatch notification - 1 SIM card arrived today popped it in and nothing happened - was onto chat and they drove me mad as they kept following a script Ie did you port your number - NO have you not seen my account etc - so I asked after the third time chatting all day to escalate it to management and then was told your sim may be faulty as it’s not registering on this end - The first chat representative told me leave it for 1 hour then it may activate which never happened. Replacement sim will be sent out (thankfully didn’t port my number yet) I’m still waiting on the second SIM card as I expected if a customer ordered 2 SIM cards that 2 would be in the one parcel but they weren’t. Also when I logged in to my account it says No Number I thought all they had to do is type in the 085 number assigned to me click activate on the account and bingo all would be fine but instead a replacement sim is due. I’d recommend using Twitter to get in contact or use the chat when the chat is actually available - On Twitter they have their username as “Gomoirelandcare” hopefully I’ll get to test it out soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Got my sim yesterday. Only activated it today. Put it into a 4G router. Got 30mbps down and 18mbps up via speedtest.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Oige1981

nephster wrote: »
    Yes, exactly as that. I wonder if I won't get service on the first until the second arrives and triggers the order being complete...

Same ordered two sims - 1 arrived today and doesn’t work chat said it’s faulty and needs replacing and sending out one on Monday - I thought a simple here’s the 085 number then they click activate would connect me but nothing, no network so can’t test it yet - the second sim will come tomorrow followed by the replacement on Monday - Im surprised they didn’t put two sims in the one parcel if that’s what I ordered because sending out two different sims is a bit silly especially with one order number I’m expecting the second to go missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Their systems are probably overloaded with registrations - give it 24 hours, unlikely to be a sim issue unless they got a botch batch

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

JAMCAR wrote: »
    Tks
    It's not clear. Post #846 indicates that wifi calling is available on GOMO - other posts say not. It seems it may depend on your particular phone model and operating system.

This is Eir's advice on the topic https://www.eir.ie/support/smartphonehelp/?page=topic/wifi/how-to-enable-and-disable-wifi-calling/device and I'd guess same will apply to GOMO since it's using the same network architecture - but it's only my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

In the last 30 pages anything important come to light? I don’t want to read a whole load of repeated questions :P

Lissavane wrote: »
    It's not clear. Post #846 indicates that wifi calling is available on GOMO - other posts say not. It seems it may depend on your particular phone model and operating system.

It's very clear - wifi calling is not available i.e. if your phone has the capability it won't work
    Calling on apps will work e.g. whatsapp, google duo etc

People are confusing 2 different technologies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

fritzelly wrote: »
    It's very clear - wifi calling is not available i.e. if your phone has the capability it won't work
    Calling on apps will work e.g. whatsapp, google duo etc

People are confusing 2 different technologies

It's working on mine.

It's working on mine.

What phone?

What phone?

Huawei p10 with 9.1.

It's working on mine.
    Is yours one of the phones listed here as being supported for wifi calling by Eir: https://www.eir.ie/support/smartphonehelp/?page=topic/wifi/how-to-enable-and-disable-wifi-calling/device ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Signed up there, had Eir's €25 plan with 10Gb, which has been replaced by a €30 plan. Happy to pay €10 now, saves me €180 a year which will pay for the car tax.

Lying is a strong word. Perhaps the support staff are ill-informed.

Is yours one of the phones listed here as being supported for wifi calling by Eir: https://www.eir.ie/support/smartphonehelp/?page=topic/wifi/how-to-enable-and-disable-wifi-calling/device ?
    Yes, but mine is also dual sim,unlocked and not bought from an MNO.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

I haven't read the 75 pages of this thread so apologies if this has been mentioned already;
    I have Lycamobile at the moment and service is fine, for me anyway. €9pm for 300 mins calls, 300 texts, 1 GB (small I know but ok for me), EU roaming & free Lyca to Lyca calls plus international calls are very cheap e.g. 1c per minute to USA & Canada compared to 50c for GoMo as far as I can see.

I suppose if you are a heavy user GoMo is good, the next Lyca bundle is €15pm for unlimited calls & texts plus 25GB

Same here. I haven't received my GOMO sim yet but my phone is not listed as supported by Eir, so I don't expect wifi calling to work for me. If it does, it's a bonus, as I've never had it before.

Looking at that list from Eir, it says supported on oreo but not on pie, mine is on pie for about a month now.

As i said last night upthread, the option doesn't appear when I put a Three mobile sim in the slot, nor does it show up in the settings for sim slot 1 with the three sim in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭bromley52

Same here. I haven't received my GOMO sim yet but my phone is not listed as supported by Eir, so I don't expect wifi calling to work for me. If it does, it's a bonus, as I've never had it before.

Not only does your phone need to support Wi-Fi calling but to get Wi-Fi calling with eir you need to have the eir firmware on your phone.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I haven't read the 75 pages of this thread so apologies if this has been mentioned already;
    I have Lycamobile at the moment and service is fine, for me anyway. €9pm for 300 mins calls, 300 texts, 1 GB (small I know but ok for me), EU roaming & free Lyca to Lyca calls plus international calls are very cheap e.g. 1c per minute to USA & Canada compared to 50c for GoMo as far as I can see.

I suppose if you are a heavy user GoMo is good, the next Lyca bundle is €15pm for unlimited calls & texts plus 25GB

If you're happy where you are, that's a good deal.
    I'd like more data though. 1 gig is not much.

If I knew about that deal, I may have switched before. Coverage OK?

Edit: oh wow, that's a big difference with international calls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭what the hell!

For the Tuesday evening people I just got the email to say mine has been dispatched.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement