Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

antodeco wrote: »
    Got my sim yesterday. Only activated it today. Put it into a 4G router. Got 30mbps down and 18mbps up via speedtest.

What APN are you using in the router ?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Lissavane wrote: »
    Same here. I haven't received my GOMO sim yet but my phone is not listed as supported by Eir, so I don't expect wifi calling to work for me. If it does, it's a bonus, as I've never had it before.

To be honest, Its not of any major interest to me either, it was just that I was messing about with the phone last evening and there was discussion of it here, and when I checked the option was there and it was automatically set to *enabled*.

I'm more interested in the Data part of the deal, and speeds for me are a mixed bag. At home its pretty terrible, at one of my work locations today though, I was getting 35/45 Mbs in the centre of town. I move around for work a bit,work out of 3 locations at the moment, and I find it handy to tether a laptop of my phone rather than logging into a clients network. My 3 sim seems better so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭davehey79

Is yours one of the phones listed here as being supported for wifi calling by Eir: https://www.eir.ie/support/smartphonehelp/?page=topic/wifi/how-to-enable-and-disable-wifi-calling/device ?

My sim should arrive soon will check also. iPhone 8 on iOS 13.1.3. One thing of note even Eir link says not supported on this phone and iOS version on Eir but it as I have it working as I type.

bromley52 wrote: »
    Not only does your phone need to support Wi-Fi calling but to get Wi-Fi calling with eir you need to have the eir firmware on your phone.

Doesn't mention that here?
    How WiFi Calling Works
    This step by step guide shows you how to activate WiFi Calling on your mobile phone. Quick and simple, you will be up and running right away! Just ensure your phone is running on the latest software update available.

Turn on WiFi Calling in your settings on your WiFi Calling enabled phone
    Select a WiFi connection wherever you have one
    We'll connect your call to anyone, anywhere on any phone or network
    Click here for a step by step guide on how to enable WiFi Calling on your mobile phone. Quick and simple, you will be up and running right away!

eir WiFi Calling Enabled Phones and Plans
    If you have one of the mobile phones listed below, you can use eir WiFi Calling straight away if you are on an eligible eir Mobile plan. We're actively adding more phones to our list of supported devices – Customers on devices which become eligible will be contacted directly

Android - Samsung Galaxy S6 and above, Samsung Galaxy A and J series from 2017 models and upwards, Huawei P and Mate series from 2017 onwards all support WiFi Calling.

IOS – Apple IPhone 5C and above including IPhone SE all support WiFi Calling.

All eir Mobile plans currently being sold can avail of WiFi Calling – both New and Existing Customers can avail of the service - to see these plans click here

If you are an Existing customer on an older plan, you may be able to avail of WiFi calling as we have also enabled this free service on some of our older plans – see below for the list of included plans. Please note you will still need to be on a WiFi Calling enabled phone:

eir Mobile 100 1GB + Roaming SIM Only
    eir Mobile 400 10GB + Roaming SIM Only
    eir Mobile Unlimited 15GB + Roaming SIM Only
    eir Mobile Unlimited 30GB + Roaming SIM Only
    eir Mobile 100 1GB + Roaming
    eir Mobile 400 10GB + Roaming
    eir Mobile Unlimited 15GB + Roaming
    eir Mobile Unlimited 30GB + Roaming
    eir Mobile 400 4GB + Roaming SIM Only
    eir Mobile Unlimited 10GB + Roaming SIM Only
    All eir Mobile Small Business tariff plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Lying is a strong word. Perhaps the support staff are ill-informed.

It's Eir. I'd go with lying

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

For the Tuesday evening people I just got the email to say mine has been dispatched.

When did you order on Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

Just moved my 3 kids over, hopefully the port works well......2 of them on Eir SIMO anyhow, so hopefully that should be OK, one on Virgin........will get 3 for the price of 1 more or less now.....happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

To be honest, Its not of any major interest to me either, it was just that I was messing about with the phone last evening and there was discussion of it here, and when I checked the option was there and it was automatically set to *enabled*.

I'm more interested in the Data part of the deal, and speeds for me are a mixed bag. At home its pretty terrible, at one of my work locations today though, I was getting 35/45 Mbs in the centre of town. I move around for work a bit,work out of 3 locations at the moment, and I find it handy to tether a laptop of my phone rather than logging into a clients network. My 3 sim seems better so far.
    I'm in the West of Ireland and have both 3 and Meteor sims. Data coverage is generally better on 3 outside the towns.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Aquos76 wrote: »

Around 7 on Tuesday evening

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Around 7 on Tuesday evening

My son who ordered at 6ish just got a mail, I ordered mine after 8 and I haven’t had a mail yet, so mine will probably be Monday now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

So at this point I’d have to advise people to avoid porting unless you’re accepting of the fact that if there’s an issue you’re basically stuck with zero help.
    I can’t receive calls since porting. Chat have been useless and gave me an email address to contact. No reply from anyone at the email address. I’ll be switching back to my old provider tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

Just got my dispatch email... ordered Tuesday @ 16:40

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

fritzelly wrote: »
    It's very clear - wifi calling is not available i.e. if your phone has the capability it won't work
    Calling on apps will work e.g. whatsapp, google duo etc

People are confusing 2 different technologies
    It's working on mine.

They've confirmed on Twitter that the don't currently support WiFi calling.
    Maybe they do but don't realise it.......:D

https://twitter.com/GoMoIrelandCare/status/1184911326902181888

• Registered Users Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

mickzer wrote: »
    Just got my dispatch email... ordered Tuesday @ 16:40

Ordered mine around 1pm on Tues, still no sign of any progress but just noticed I set the port for the 22nd and not Monday
    Maybe they are prioritising for when people are saying their port days should be
    Just changed it to Monday, maybe it will get it posted tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I've never used WiFi calling..

So I am still getting more once it all works out...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

kaizersoze wrote: »

Maybe it's working due to the legacy settings and they plan on removing it...?

I'm in the West of Ireland and have both 3 and Meteor sims. Data coverage is generally better on 3 outside the towns.

Yeah, I use it down in County Galway when I'm down there, seems the best at a not unreasonable price.

Here in Dublin, it had improved substantially from about May until late Sept, I was getting mad speeds, up to 150Mbs, now its back to around 35/45Mbs.

Actually, I found the Gomo sim works better on 3G.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I've never used WiFi calling..

So I am still getting more once it all works out...

+1
    I actually have bad eir signal in my house in dublin 11, I have activated WiFi calling and it scrolls across my network bar when at home but my calls are still crap to my mam who is 6 doors down and also on eir.

It has never worked for me so I won’t miss it.
    We WhatsApp call each other 99% of the time nowadays.

kaizersoze wrote: »

https://twitter.com/GoMoIrelandCare/status/1184911326902181888

I'm wondering if they use the same SIM provisioning tool as Eir, and copied over the same settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I've had gob****es giving out to me for WiFi not working on the bus when it clearly has labels stating call such a number who 1 gives a fook and 2 I'm driving a bus not in control of WiFi so fook off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

kceire wrote: »
    +1
    I actually have bad eir signal in my house in dublin 11, I have activated WiFi calling and it scrolls across my network bar when at home but my calls are still crap to my mam who is 6 doors down and also on eir.

It has never worked for me so I won’t miss it.
    We WhatsApp call each other 99% of the time nowadays.
    Horses for courses I suppose. I find it great. I have poor coverage ar home and often missed calls. Not any more. I work a lot in hospitals, nursing homes, schools and often had poor or no coverage in them, mainly due to the types of buildings they are but WiFi calling sorted that.
    I rarely answer calls on WhatsApp. The quality is generally poor.
    I'm wondering if they use the same SIM provisioning tool as Eir, and copied over the same settings?

It's hard to know. I'm just back from the RWC in Japan. I was warned about the cost of making calls out there and even receiving them. The Eir website says that WiFi calling is not supported while roaming..but it worked over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,531 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

fritzelly wrote: »
    Ordered mine around 1pm on Tues, still no sign of any progress but just noticed I set the port for the 22nd and not Monday
    Maybe they are prioritising for when people are saying their port days should be

I ordered mine on Tue evening about 1740, got it this morning. Never set a port date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Was in south Dublin this evening so did a speedtest there... good result compared to what I'm getting in Wicklow anyway.

5400352696.png

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Over 1100 posts in 2 days! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

I’d be surprised if you do. Normally your line rental (for want of a better word) is for the coming month and your out of contract charges are for the previous month.

If you look closely at your bill I bet it says your being billed for the coming month.

Oh yeah, thanks for that. I never noticed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

fritzelly wrote:

How did you change the porting date. My understanding is you can't do it till SIM arrives. At least that's what I was told in chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

My son who ordered at 6ish just got a mail, I ordered mine after 8 and I haven’t had a mail yet, so mine will probably be Monday now.

Ordered mine at 8:40pm Tuesday. Still nothing on MyGoMo As of right now. Talked to R......on Webchat this morning - “The service level is 5 days but yea, your sim was despatched already”. Talked to M..... on Webchat this evening - “The service level is 5 days so no, your sim hasn’t been despatched yet”

There was a time I’d have got cross, but now I just pity the poor things working in this high stress environment for a few bob more than the minimum wage.

Fortunately I didn’t select to port now. I’ll wait until the initial rush settles and they iron out the wrinkles before taking that step. It’s a great offer and I’m looking forward to saving €300pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

The networks must be loosing a rake of customers this week

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

bunderoon wrote: »
    My guess is that these SIMs are doubled NAT'd so I dont know if you would be able to access it remotely. Or maybe the camera send the data out to a central server and you access it that way.

Double NAT would be very unusual unless you used SIM in a wifi router. However for most consumers their wifi cameras will use an app and will contact a 3rd party server (normally in china or AWS) to "Log in", this app & server will take care of establishing a connection to the camera so NAT (or even double NAT) shouldn't be an issue.

NAT would only be a problem if you are directly trying to access the camera via public IP address and port forwarding or some ONVIF app with similar settings. (ie where the camera doesn't reach out to a remote server)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,480 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

lowbatt07 wrote: »
    What APN are you using in the router ?

Cheers

data.mymeteor.ie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement