Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Mr.S wrote: »
    The other networks will have the price match - I'd say Vodafone / Three will bring down their base €20 PrePay plans to €15 soon.

Depends what price this plan is after the first 100,000 sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Depends what price this plan is after the first 100,000 sign up.

It'll be 9.99 a month, same as France

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

It'll be 9.99 a month, same as France

In France, it is only 9.99 EUR for the first 12 months. Something similar might happen here, for new sign ups, after the 100k sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Port just completed here. Getting 20 down/5 up in Dun Laoghaire so happy with that.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Think about it like this. 100K sign up. Everyone ports. Realised the network is terrible. Ports back month 2. Nice easy 2 million euro for eir

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dayo93

Due to Port at 930, hopefully goes smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Mic-12345

If this is a rolling contract and you go outside of your budget allowances, do you get a warning text or something to tell you that?
    i.e I end up in spain for a holiday, not realizing iv used my 80gb allowance and using data for the entire trip.
    Do they automatically charge you for that? I end up with a big bill?

As now, with pre-pay when it gets used up, nothing works so there are no worries.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

antodeco wrote: »
    Think about it like this. 100K sign up. Everyone ports. Realised the network is terrible. Ports back month 2. Nice easy 2 million euro for eir

Network isn’t terrible though, I’ve been using Eir/Meteor for years now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

My speed test from last night

****. They put the card into the post office depot in D8 today. It was supposed to activate tomorrow. Can I delay the activation? I am porting my number as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

****. They put the card into the post office depot in D8 today. It was supposed to activate tomorrow. Can I delay the activation? I am porting my number as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Got sim delivered by an post.
    Internet speed is 4.5 mbps.

Internet is 3G.

Note on speed test.... May suffer congestion your internet speed is slow..

Be wary of you need half decent speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

both my gomo and current sim in my phone... porting later this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

Got sim delivered by an post.
    Internet speed is 4.5 mbps.

Internet is 3G.

Note on speed test.... May suffer congestion your internet speed is slow..

Be wary of you need half decent speed.

That’s not too bad for 3G

uchimata83 wrote: »
    My speed test from last night

4G+ ??

those speeds are exceptional

Mr.S wrote: »
    The other networks will have the price match - I'd say Vodafone / Three will bring down their base €20 PrePay plans to €15 soon.

Yeah but vodafone offer very little in return for those plans...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

antodeco wrote: »

Marketing, staff, set up, regulation etc would be well in excess of that and take alot longer than to recoup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭skinny90

regarding the price and competitor reactions.

Comreg have huge control on promotions

Vodafone given their market share wont be matching this.

Virgin Media/Lycamobile maybe Tesco will

lawred2 wrote: »
    both my gomo and current sim in my phone... porting later this morning

weirdly - the GOMO sim shows full bar coverage while eir has one bar less

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Requested to port effective at 9am today. Got ported at 9:06am. In my current location in Smithfield I used to get 4G signal with VF but it's H+ with GoMo. Still, signal seems just as strong as there's no lag surfing web pages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

what's the best way to port? Pick a future date when you're sure the SIM will have arrived - i.e. a week from now? I don't mind what date of the billing cycle I'm on with my current provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭pg17

Ideally, I don't want SIM delivery before end of November and don't want activation until December.

When ordering the SIM, can I pick a target SIM delivery date a few weeks from now?

Can I pick a SIM activation date. Can I pick a date as far out as early December and, if I can, will I be charged €9.99 "line rental" for November.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Shamboo1801

Ordered tuesday, received notification of sim out for delivery this morning and new number on gomo site. Gonna push out my transfer date and try get through this €40 credit on my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭arek_s

network is a joke, can't pay with revolut
    support is telling me this is not irish bank, so I can't pay with this card

trying now again to check, not getting verification code to keep my number for 30-40 mins
    support told me I will get it soon
    asked when, they can't said when :D

set switch for 915

all done by 920

can't fault that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

matzen wrote: »
    Requested to port effective at 9am today. Got ported at 9:06am. In my current location in Smithfield I used to get 4G signal with VF but it's H+ with GoMo. Still, signal seems just as strong as there's no lag surfing web pages.

Try turning on and off airplane mode and 4g might kick in. I had this issue first porting to VF.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

arek_s wrote: »

trying now again to check, not getting verification code to keep my number for 30-40 mins

I paid with Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

arek_s wrote: »

I love that people expect a 50% or more saving, with the same or better service and support.

I can't wait till the national broadband plan triples or speeds for a fiver a month!

adox wrote: »
    I paid with Revolut.

checked with both physical and vritual card, deleted virtual created new one
    always not accepted on gomo site

• Advertisement

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    I love that people expect a 50% or more saving, with the same or better service and support.

I can't wait till the national broadband plan triples or speeds for a fiver a month!

I'm with 48 now and can't complain, was on chat maybe 2 times with their support and they always were able to help me in few mins

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement