Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Be careful, just onto these guys on chat. You are billed monthly and you now pay the 9.99 for the rest of October but you don't actually get a month of service!

"at with GoMo

Hello! Next available customer representative will be with you shortly.

You

[1:14:04 PM]

Hi

You

[1:14:18 PM]

If I give my move date for a week ahead, is that when my month will start?

Representative Ben has joined the session

Ben

[1:15:20 PM]

Hey! Thanks for getting in touch. My name is Ben. How can I help?

You

[1:15:34 PM]

Please see message above

Ben

[1:15:38 PM]

Your bill will generate on the 1st of the month and we will request payment from your card on the 8th of the month. You can pay manually via MyGoMo during this time if you wish.

You

[1:16:32 PM]

So if I sign up now and move my number next week, I won't be charged until next month?

Ben

[1:17:18 PM]

You will have to pay for the month of October.

You

[1:17:46 PM]

But a month isn't left?

You

[1:18:04 PM]

So I am paying 9.99 for less than a month?

Ben

[1:18:34 PM]

Yes, as your service is billed on a monthly period and you pay in advance, you are charged €9.99 per month regardless of what day you join.

You

[1:20:16 PM]

But should I not be billed per month as from when I sign up at least?

Ben

[1:20:36 PM]

We're sorry. All of our customer bills come on the same day. We're not able to change anyone's bill date unfortunately

"

Doesn't make sense to me. How could that be paying for a month in advance in that case?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

fixXxer wrote: »
    Can't seem to switch, lets me choose a date but not a time and won't progress without it.
    Time has to be between 8 am and 1800 pm

I got stuck there when i thought midnight would suit me fine...

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

With the launch today and a large number of people signing up, I wonder if there will be a delay in processing and getting sim cards posted. I want to sign up, but the idea of picking a date/time for porting would worry me if there is a delay in receiving the sim card and my number is ported automatically at the chosen time.

Does their page say anything about this during the order process? (I'm waiting to connect to someone on their chat to ask this)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Suckit wrote: »
    It's nothing to do with criminals/scammers, it's data harvesting at it's worst.

It would also deter a lot of legit folk that don't want their details shared everywhere.

GoMo Privacy Policy:

Then don't sign up. Simple.

All these deals have catches, if you're not happy with them then stick with your current provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Signed up because it's a lot better than 48 who I'm with at the moment as they're cheapest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,740 ✭✭✭✭banie01

They want my ID?

F**k that.

Because it's a billpay service.
    Its a requirement for the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Then don't sign up. Simple.

All these deals have catches, if you're not happy with them then stick with your current provider.

I didn't. They couldn't pay me enough to sign up. Their politician-like answers about who they share with too... Avoiding the question that they wrote. Even the list of who they share with doesn't yet exist. They could say they trust anyone. Nice earner for them.
    Definitely nothing to do with a deterrent for criminals or scammers.

inforfun wrote: »
    Straight up what i need and signed up for it.

Now how to get rid of €50 in existing call credit at Three....

Use it to buy loads of apps?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Whatever server they're using can't handle the amount of interested traffic anyway, so that's me out.

Not sure yet if they are connected to Eir or just a VMO leasing off Eir wholesale but in either case, based on recent experience with eir and some of the above comments, I hope this flops flat on its face. Shower of liars.

No doubt the other providers will come out with something to compete. Think I would much rather wait and see what they have to offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Have this without the fancy name. Price after after 12 months. Happy with it and no danger of hitting local limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

I've signed up. It's a 30 day rolling contract so if it turns out to be a bad service then just give your notice and walk away. For €9.99 per month it's certainly worth trialling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭Murof

Moaners and whingers everywhere. Don't like it, don't sign up. Signed up myself, it's just as easy to switch back.

Thanks, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

Straight up what i need and signed up for it.

Now how to get rid of €50 in existing call credit at Three....

Threepay allow you to use your credit as a form of google pay, i buy ebooks via google play store with unused credit each month

Murof wrote: »
    Moaners and whingers everywhere. Don't like it, don't sign up. Signed up myself, it's just as easy to switch back.

Thanks, OP.

Some people mightn't realise that even if you leave them, your data is still being used by them and shared. Worth knowing before they go to sign up. Nobody moaning.

I just think that is an important bit of information that people should be aware of before signing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,072 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I didn't. They couldn't pay me enough to sign up. Their politician-like answers about who they share with too... Avoiding the question that they wrote. Even the list of who they share with doesn't yet exist. They could say they trust anyone. Nice earner for them.
    Definitely nothing to do with a deterrent for criminals or scammers.

I'd be very surprised if the same/similar wording isn't in the data policies for Eir, Vodafone and 3.

If you use social media, Google, Apple etc then they already have your data and probably a lot more of it.

Signed up because it's a lot better than 48 who I'm with at the moment as they're cheapest

That's who i'm moving from. Never had a problem with them but more data with this crowd.

There's also a box that you don't check if you don't want any mails by them or others.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if the same/similar wording isn't in the data policies for Eir, Vodafone and 3.

If you use social media, Google, Apple etc then they already have your data and probably a lot more of it.
    It may be, but they didn't ask me for my passport or ID when signing up. Nor did I give it to them.

I don't use social media nor do I sign into Google on any device. I have mostly degoogled my phone. It's not perfect, but helps.
    With all of the EU laws to stop data sharing and help us stay private, no way am I going to start paying a company while they do it.
    I didn't mean to start a debate or derail the thread.

I'll step out now. Apologies to the OP and thanks for sharing. I'll keep an eye out for the next offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Cameron326 wrote: »
    Fair enough, but I would have thought '9.99 for life' when its actually '9.99 for between one month-life' is pushing even loose advertising standards a bit surely?

Yup, I agree.
    it's like 'unlimited broadband'
    Bullsh1te!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

I assume the 9.99 activation cost does not include the 1st month service?!

No doubt the other providers will come out with something to compete. Think I would much rather wait and see what they have to offer.

And if the competitors have a better offer i will switch to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luder

Would this sim work in a GSM wifi router?

Seems like excellent value at 9.99 for 80 gb

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

banie01 wrote: »
    Use it to buy loads of apps?

Might end up doing that. Wouldnt know how to but...
    Only switching as late as possible, november 14th, to figure that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Pacifico wrote: »
    I assume the 9.99 activation cost does not include the 1st month service?!

No. Plus sign up now and you only get to the end of the month.

It may be, but they didn't ask me for my passport or ID when signing up. Nor did I give it to them.

They did if you have a bill pay service tho, PAYG doesn't carry a Kyc requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 elnoelio

"It said its estimated maximum speed for 4G downloads is 10Mb/s."

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/1015/1083506-gomo-mobile-network/

Might end up doing that. Wouldnt know how to but...
    Only switching as late as possible, november 14th, to figure that out.

Google play store allows you to select carrier billing as a payment option for 3 on checkout.
    If memory serves there is a €30 per month limit but it's a handy way to get value for credit. Can also be used to subs like spotify

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 swinson

elnoelio wrote: »

Dirty feckers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

elnoelio wrote: »

Oof that's horrendous.

This discussion has been closed.