Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

arek_s wrote: »
    network is a joke, can't pay with revolut
    support is telling me this is not irish bank, so I can't pay with this card

trying now again to check, not getting verification code to keep my number for 30-40 mins
    support told me I will get it soon
    asked when, they can't said when :D

How do you expect someone working in web support to know when the text will be sent out?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

arek_s wrote: »
    checked with both physical and vritual card, deleted virtual created new one
    always not accepted on gomo site

I paid with a virtual Visa Revolut card on Tuesday and they have it on my account records.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

I had no problem paying with Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Revolut here too , no problem ......make sure your billing address matches what you have registered

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭arek_s

OhHiMark wrote: »
    How do you expect someone working in web support to know when the text will be sent out?

they don't have any other support line, so they should escalate it or something to technical dept

• Advertisement

Revolut here too , no problem ......make sure your billing address matches what you have registered

Mine doesn't however still went through just for clarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Anyone get their voicemail working?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

paid with revolut (visa debit) no issues at all, how long does it take to get the sim card in the post once ordered?, i ordered a few nights ago, i put activation date for beginning of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

STUPID QUESTION ALERT:
    I have a Samsung 7 which I've had for about two years now. 3 are currently hounding me offering an upgrade. If I sign up to GoMo and my phone stops working in a few months for whatever reason what are my options? I'm guessing I'd just have to pay for a new phone myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭thefa

antodeco wrote: »
    Think about it like this. 100K sign up. Everyone ports. Realised the network is terrible. Ports back month 2. Nice easy 2 million euro for eir

€2M would be a fraction of 1% of their revenue and there’s costs associated with rolling out gomo. Reputational damage too wouldn’t make it a good long term move.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I think someone mentioned earlier that its Revolut Mastercard that seems to be getting declined, their Visa cards seem fine. Also, I can confirm that porting doesn't go through before a sim has been delivered. I had scheduled a port for 9:30am this morning and as I have not received my sim yet, I had no way to change my porting time. My phone is still working on my current provider, so those who are worried about losing service while waiting for their sim to be delivered, ye should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Signed up yesterday evening.

Couple of questions -

1: Where is this mysterious web chat I cant see it on the GoMo website at all.

2:I cant see anything about add ons, on my current plan with EIR I have 200 UK minutes add ons so this is something id like otherwise it would cost a good but to call the UK, anyone know if GoMo have add ons?

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I think someone mentioned earlier that its Revolut Mastercard that seems to be getting declined, their Visa cards seem fine. Also, I can confirm that porting doesn't go through before a sim has been delivered. I had scheduled a port for 9:30am this morning and as I have not received my sim yet, I had no way to change my porting time. My phone is still working on my current provider, so those who are worried about losing service while waiting for their sim to be delivered, ye should be fine.

My Revolut MasterCard worked fine. I'd say it's an issue with the 5 minute security thing, as iv had some payments fail before over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭arek_s

Aquos76 wrote: »

I have only VISA cards in Revolut and they both declined

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I ported this morning... yay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Pighead wrote: »
    STUPID QUESTION ALERT:
    I have a Samsung 7 which I've had for about two years now. 3 are currently hounding me offering an upgrade. If I sign up to GoMo and my phone stops working in a few months for whatever reason what are my options? I'm guessing I'd just have to pay for a new phone myself?
    You're paying for the phone either way! They build the cost of the phone into the monthly fee and you always pay more than you would if you bought it outright on day 1. That's why you get locked into contracts for 24 months or whatever.

Compare the following to get the real cost:
    Three cost = (Cost of plan per month) x (Nr months Three contract would be) + (Charge for phone)
    GoMo Cost = (€9.99) x (Nr months Three contract would be) + (Lowest cost of phone you can find to buy it at)

Guarantee you the GoMo cost will be lower

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Have tried porting three times. Reckon it's an issue with my eir account. Canceled broadband and landline two weeks ago. They were all canceled weeks ago bar my mobile but I logged in yesterday and they're still technically on my account. I'll have to try and get them removed off my account before I can switch over. That's what I think anyway. I'm definitely not under any contract anyway. Just a 30-day roller off of eir.

Anyone else experiencing anything similar? I got onto GoMo chat and they gave me the usual wait 24 to 48 hours for a port. Never ever has a port taken that long for me. It either goes straight through or doesn't go through at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Pighead wrote: »
    STUPID QUESTION ALERT:

Tis a sim only plan, so phones wouldn't come in to the equation with this. Your current phone will be locked to the 3 network though, so you'll need to get that unlocked.

Good value on phones these days, wouldn't worry about that, and better value than what you would have given a service provider previously over the length of your contract

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Text message from GoMo just now:

Thank you for joining GoMo! We're working through GoMo orders and to make sure your number doesn't move before you get your SIM, we've moved your number move date to sync with delivery. We'll let you know once your SIM is on its way and we'll text you the day before your number is due to move. If the new move date doesn't suit you can reschedule at www.gomo.ie/login
    That's it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I am having a real problem finding out how you change the date of porting. Been all over the mygomo and cannot find where to do it. Can't click on order. Would really appreciate if anyone has done it they could say where it is.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I am having a real problem finding out how you change the date of porting. Been all over the mygomo and cannot find where to do it. Can't click on order. Would really appreciate if anyone has done it they could say where it is.

It's under account details.

Just changed my port date and time to today at 11am so I'll update with before and after speeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

My understanding is you can't do it till you get your SIM

• Registered Users Posts: 10,719 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Quick questions:
    1) is there any indication of costs after the first 100,000 sign up?
    2) is there any indication of how many have already signed up?
    3) I assume you can sign up without porting a number?

My contract with Vodafone ends in January, I was thinking I'd switch to this when done, but if the costs go up after that first 100k cohort I'd be annoyed, so was thinking of signing up now anyway, have 2 sims for a few months and then cancel Vodafone and port number across. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Anyone else having issues with reception/network?

My phone is showing 3 bars, but when I try to call it says "not registered on network".

I ported the number a few days back and had no issues. Suddenly now I cant get reception.

My understanding is you can't do it till you get your SIM
    Thanks, that would make sense as I can't seem to do it in my account.

Yes I think I can't change it until I get the sim and activate it. Hopefully they don't do it too soon before the sim comes .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭world class wreckin’ cru

xckjoo wrote: »
    You're paying for the phone either way! They build the cost of the phone into the monthly fee and you always pay more than you would if you bought it outright on day 1. That's why you get locked into contracts for 24 months or whatever.

Compare the following to get the real cost:

Three cost = (Cost of plan per month) x (Nr months Three contract would be) + (Charge for phone)

GoMo Cost = (€9.99) x (Nr months Three contract would be) + (Lowest cost of phone you can find to buy it at)

Guarantee you the GoMo cost will be lower

Just looked it up there out of interest.

GS10 - 400 for an upgrade. Plus 45e a month for 24 months = 1480.

Sim free GS10 on amazon.de - 679e plus 24 months paying 10e a month on gomo = 919.

No contest. No value in buying a phone on contracts these days.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's under account details.

No. Have tired there but thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

dulpit wrote: »
    Quick questions:
    1) is there any indication of costs after the first 100,000 sign up?
    2) is there any indication of how many have already signed up?
    3) I assume you can sign up without porting a number?

My contract with Vodafone ends in January, I was thinking I'd switch to this when done, but if the costs go up after that first 100k cohort I'd be annoyed, so was thinking of signing up now anyway, have 2 sims for a few months and then cancel Vodafone and port number across. Any ideas?

I believe they will run this offer until at least the end of the year.
    You can order a GoMo SIM now and port your number later or you can terminate your Vodafone contract.

Or perhaps you can order your SIM now and have a transfer date of Jan 1st?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

10mbps download
    36.3mbps upload
    18ms latency

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement