Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

My port went through right away with no issues. Speedtests below. Top is GoMo, bottom is Eir. More or less the same

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭This is it

No. Have tired there but thanks anyway.

It is. Account details and move my number, you get options to change the time/date

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

This is it wrote: »
    It is. Account details and move my number, you get options to change the time/date

Its not. when I click on that it tells me that
    This action is unavailable until your service is activated.

So I am hoping that I need to get the Sim to activate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I am having a real problem finding out how you change the date of porting. Been all over the mygomo and cannot find where to do it. Can't click on order. Would really appreciate if anyone has done it they could say where it is.

Go to "My Profile" on the opening page, then up to "Account Details", and then "Move My Number".

"Move my number" won't work if you haven't yet received the SIM.

If your worried about the port happening before you get the sim, a poster this morning confirmed that it didn't happen as scheduled for them, as they hadn't received the SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Hi I just signed myself , if I want to sign my two kids up do I use their email address and use my bank details. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Mobile network initially seems quite a bit slower than Tesco Mobile. Could well be congestion (I work in a University) or setup gremlins. I'm out of contract, so worth a shot.

Wifi calling would be nice to have, but I would be pretty surprised that it works (from previous investigation Firmware seemed to be an issue with self bought unlocked phones)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

I just got this text from GoMo. I had indicated that I wanted to port my number from today. Still haven’t received my sim yet. I ordered it on Tuesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

arek_s wrote: »
    network is a joke, can't pay with revolut
    support is telling me this is not irish bank, so I can't pay with this card

trying now again to check, not getting verification code to keep my number for 30-40 mins
    support told me I will get it soon
    asked when, they can't said when :D
    I was able to sign up with revolut no problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

I'm all set up. Ported my number over this morning. No issues at all. Very smooth process. Moved from Tesco. I had a number of issues with them around calls connecting etc so hopefully GoMo will be a better experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Shamboo1801

My understanding is you can't do it till you get your SIM

I haven't received my sim and was able to change details and port date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

This might be a daft question but what if your handset is locked to another network??

Steve F wrote: »
    This might be a daft question but what if your handset is locked to another network??

You'll need to get it unlocked for this SIM to work in it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Steve F wrote: »

If you are out of contract you should be able to get an unlock code from your current network provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

I'm currently with vodafone so it seems like I need to unlock my phone for the new GOMO SIM to work.

I've unlock a phone in the past using ebay and cost around €5-10.

Or should I select "keep my existing number" and get Eir to do the porting for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Fian

So I have signed up 5 phones, my wife and 4 kids. They were all on Virgin until now.

Only irritating thing is that I had to give a credit card as payment details, in fact I gave a credit card for 3 of teh phones but it wouldn't accept it for the final two so I used a debit card for them.

Is it possible to switch to a direct debit? i suppose it doesn't really matter if it continues to come off the cards, just not really used to that. Would also prefer if they could take a single payment for the 5 phones rather than 3 seperate ones but hey ho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Fian

ArraMusha wrote: »
    I'm currently with vodafone so it seems like I need to unlock my phone for the new GOMO SIM to work.

Or should I select "keep my existing number" and get Eir to do the porting for me?

If you are out of contract with vodafone they are legally obliged to provide you with the unlock code. just bring the phone into a vodafone store and get them to unlock for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

ArraMusha wrote: »

Porting and SIM (un)locking are two completely different and independent things, and you'll need to do both:

Porting is the process of moving your existing number from one provider to another - e.g. from Vodafone to GoMo. Your number does not change.

Let the new provider, in this case GoMo, do the porting for you.

SIM locking is where a phone is restricted to work only with SIM cards from a particular provider, and is usually the case if you've got the phone as part of a longer-term contract.
    "Unlocking" is the process of removing this restriction, and is easier with some phones than others. If you've had your phone with the same provider for a while (a year should be plenty), you can request that your current provider unlock the phone. This may involve them sending you a code which you need to type in, similar to dialling a phone number. For iPhones, I believe it has to be done by Apple (at their end) and when they have made the change, it will take effect when you next connect to iTunes (but I'm open to correction).

Ask a friend who is on a different network, and if they're agreeable you could put their SIM card in your phone for a few minutes to see whether it works or not. If it works, your phone is almost certainly NOT locked - and vice versa.

Once you know that your phone is unlocked, then you can port at your leisure to a new provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

misschoo wrote: »
    I just got this text from GoMo. I had indicated that I wanted to port my number from today. Still haven’t received my sim yet. I ordered it on Tuesday night.

Just got that text myself,i wanted to port Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

How's the speed/coverage compared to 3 does anyone know? 3 is fairly dire out in rural Galway so might as well give this a go...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭ronano

I can't find apn setting for data on their site, am I blind?

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    How's the speed/coverage compared to 3 does anyone know? 3 is fairly dire out in rural Galway so might as well give this a go...

This map is handy for figuring out your nearest mast https://siteviewer.comreg.ie/#

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

fritzelly wrote: »
    Maybe it's working due to the legacy settings and they plan on removing it...?

Most likely it works but they don't officially support it to minimise pressure on their bare-bones customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

IF you sign up using your mobile phone then they don't offer you the chance to port over your number unlike if you are doing so from your Mac/PC

correction: can see it now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

Anyone having problems completing the order??

Done two already with BofI credit card no apparent issues trying another now for the past while keep on getting an error when completing credit card section - says "error occurred try again in a few minutes"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Has anyone found the live chat link I cannot see it anywhere on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

It comes and goes I've heard as it's so busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Maynooth now. For information.. Very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭BowWow

Sign in to My GoMo and look for a tab on the right hand side of the page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

BowWow wrote: »
    Sign in to My GoMo and look for a tab on the right hand side of the page.

Tried that and can only find a link to send them an email no live chat :( I will try a different browser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭BowWow

Tried that and can only find a link to send them an email no live chat :( I will try a different browser.

Maybe not available at the moment because of the volumes?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement