Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Tried that and can only find a link to send them an email no live chat :( I will try a different browser.

It's overloaded so it will come and go as they are so busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Was on 15 eur / month (for 12 months) with eir.

Just bought, choosing next week for port.

Fingers crossed the data isin't cat. I don't need much, but still..... (Galway City)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

SIM arrived this morning and I moved the porting date to today at midday (only about 30mins before) and all worked smoothly. Happy so far anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭golondrinas

The calendar for active sim date does not go past November. I wanted to order sim now for activation in December ( in case by some fluke 100,000 did sign up before me, ha ha). This is the response from their chat.

"If you purchase the sim card today , the billing period will start from today , if you buy the sim card in December your billing will start from December "

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

The calendar for active sim date does not go past November. I wanted to order sim now for activation in December ( in case by some fluke 100,000 did sign up before me, ha ha). This is the response from their chat.

"If you purchase the sim card today , the billing period will start from today , if you buy the sim card in December your billing will start from December "
    It's because you're going to get the SIM straight away and it's active with a different number. The porting is handled separately. You'll have an active GoMo account once the SIM arrives, just with a new number.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

BowWow wrote: »
    Maybe not available at the moment because of the volumes?
    It's overloaded so it will come and go as they are so busy.

Got it working on Edge the only browser I don't have ad blockers on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

I've been speed testing again today, GoMo, Vodafone and 3.

Vodafone and GoMo as near as makes no difference within 1mb of each other ranging from 8-16 down and 2-9 up, 3 is slightly higher on each set of tests ranging from 8-24 down but the upload is ranging from 1-5..

Again 1 Vf mast 1 Meteor mast and 2 (one O2 and one 3) masts nearby

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

SIM card arrived this morning from ordering Tuesday. Coverage and data speeds are identical to eir mobile. For anyone on eir mobile the move to GoMo makes a lot of sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Is that a 3G only handset? Or is it similar on 4G?

Is your APN set to 'data.mymeteor.ie'

4G. Had virgin media perfect 4G before changing to this.
    Yes APN.... is exactly as you say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

matzen wrote: »
    Requested to port effective at 9am today. Got ported at 9:06am. In my current location in Smithfield I used to get 4G signal with VF but it's H+ with GoMo. Still, signal seems just as strong as there's no lag surfing web pages.

Yep, same situation with me. VF was often 4g+ and Three wasn't too bad either

Eir coverage map has me inside 4G area but lo and behold there are two vast industrial parks to the east and north of me which are 4G blindspots for eir so I assume the coverage map is off by a few hundred metres!

However, 3G/H+ speeds are absolutely fine if I ever need to use it at home, about 8Mbps average DL, 5 up
    Callwise - early days but I've noticed way more clarity than VF when I had it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

apn is data.myeirmobile.ie

is it recommended to change it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭Masala

how do I know the best date to Port??? If already with Eir.... will they port over and accept this as 30 days notice on my current 30 day notice plan??

Regards

Masala wrote: »
    how do I know the best date to Port??? If already with Eir.... will they port over and accept this as 30 days notice on my current 30 day notice plan??

Regards

If you need to give notice then you need to contact.

You will be paying for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

i'm with 3. I have €80 credit. If i port my number will i lose this money?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I take it there are no international minutes and texts on this offer?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Yep

In the same boat just for less.
    Down to 0.88 from 50 by plundering the playstore.
    Also helped that 3 took money 2x for 1 purchase. Your credit goes a llot quicker then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Reception has been terrible for me so far. Cant receive calls unless im outside. Based in Galway.

Was on Eir/meteor before this so not sure why there is such a drop off.

Girlfriend on Meteor/Eir could get 4g the last day, I couldnt even get internet to work.

GoMo are sending me out a new sim to see if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

lawred2 wrote: »
    apn is data.myeirmobile.ie

is it recommended to change it?

Mine works better leaving as is. Changed it to the one recommended above and signal very poor, only 3g.

Switched back to the default one (eirmobile) and signal still not great but flitting between 3g/4g :(

inforfun wrote: »
    Yep

In the same boat just for less.
    Down to 0.88 from 50 by plundering the playstore.
    Also helped that 3 took money 2x for 1 purchase. Your credit goes a llot quicker then.

Bugger. Have a Mubi subscription that costs €10 per month coming out of my top up. Not worth my while switching so, it would still cost the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Why would you expect them to refund your money just because you decide to move? 3 have done nothing wrong so yes, I'm guessing you'll lose your money.
    Why not stay until your credit is used up?

• Advertisement

joe123 wrote: »
    Reception has been terrible for me so far. Cant receive calls unless im outside. Based in Galway.

Was on Eir/meteor before this so not sure why there is such a drop off.

Girlfriend on Meteor/Eir could get 4g the last day, I couldnt even get internet to work.

GoMo are sending me out a new sim to see if that helps.

Don't forget that boosters for mobile will soon be legal as they are banned at the moment, this will help out anyone in a bad area or that have issues inside their home getting signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

These boys are already impossible to contact and that’s before I have trouble... my wife and I have both tried to contact them and ask to be set up prior to Saturday as I’ll enter another months billing with my current provider... my wife asked the question over two and a half days ago and got a one liner “if it won’t allow ya online then no “ response!! Imagine if your having trouble with sim/service not working ... how long it take to fix that!? Left eir previously as customer service bad... these boys are 5 times worse! They can stick their service .... I would advise folks to think twice about moving consider the hassles already being experienced...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

My wife is having terrible trouble porting from Tesco.

She tried porting but initially had the wrong account number which got rejected, then tried again but accidentally went for prepay instead of post and its been stuck in progress for nearly 3 days.

Has been on to the chat support 3 times who keep just saying wait another 24 hours, ridiculous at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Ush1 wrote: »

She tried porting but initially had the wrong account number which got rejected, then tried again but accidentally went for prepay instead of post and its been stuck in progress for nearly 3 days.

Has been on to the chat support 3 times who keep just saying wait another 24 hours, ridiculous at this stage.

She made a mistake twice and its Gomo's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Ush1 wrote: »

not really their fault is it?

Why would you expect them to refund your money just because you decide to move? 3 have done nothing wrong so yes, I'm guessing you'll lose your money.
    Why not stay until your credit is used up?
    I'm not expecting a refund! I'd like to use the credit but it's hard to spend €80 in one go!

I'm not expecting a refund! I'd like to use the credit but it's hard to spend €80 in one go!

Give to charity?

xabi wrote: »
    She made a mistake twice and its Gomo's fault.

It's their fault it's stuck in progress. She rang Tesco and they haven't received another request their side.

Maybe they should have a warning on the porting page so that if you select the wrong option you'll be waiting at least 3 days and get told the wrong thing by their support a number of times?

Yes, that's GoMos fault.

Give to charity?

Nah, think I'll stick with 3. Never had any issues with them.

• Advertisement

lawred2 wrote: »
    not really their fault is it?

What's not?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement