Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,346 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Ush1 wrote: »
    What's not?

being incapable of getting basic information together to fill out a very basic form

twice

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

Ush1 wrote: »
    Maybe they should have a warning on the porting page so that if you select the wrong option you'll be waiting at least 3 days and get told the wrong thing by their support a number of times?
    She hasn't been told the wrong thing. She provided GoMo with inaccurate information twice (albeit by mistake).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,468 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

lawred2 wrote: »
    being incapable of getting basic information together to fill out a very basic form

twice

Did you read the post? I didn't blame them for that obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I'm not expecting a refund! I'd like to use the credit but it's hard to spend €80 in one go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Thank you for joining GoMo! We're working through GoMo orders and to make sure your number doesn't move before you get your SIM, we've moved your number move date to sync with delivery. We'll let you know once your SIM is on its way and we'll text you the day before your number is due to move. If the new move date doesn't suit you can reschedule at

Got the same text message

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,468 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

jrmb wrote: »
    She hasn't been told the wrong thing. She provided GoMo with inaccurate information (albeit by mistake). She had made it extremely difficult for either company to help her.

So when they said it would take 24 hours and it didn't, that was the right thing? What's the extreme difficulty exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Getting about 10 down and up Galway city centre
    Virgin mobile hitting nearly 60 down 30 up
    Sort of surprised was expecting better speeds than I got on gomo...

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

My contract isn't up until the 26th of November. I can only choose to port as late as the 17th of Nov. Would it be possible to change the port date once signed up? I'm afraid i will lose out on the 9.99 deal if i don't act quick.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

etxp wrote: »
    My contract isn't up until the 26th of November. I can only choose to port as late as the 17th of Nov. Would it be possible to change the port date once signed up? I'm afraid i will lose out on the 9.99 deal if i don't act quick.
    You will not lose out on the deal. It's going to take a long time to get 100,000 people on board, if they ever even reach that number

• Registered Users Posts: 25 coolcreen

Bluefoam wrote: »
    If you have a windows PC & Android phone, they have an app that allows you to send SMS from your PC & see photos on your PC that are stored on your phone... It's a very simple app & much better tha webtext... particularly with unlimited text bundles.
    What is the name of the app please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 coolcreen

Keano wrote: »
    You will not lose out on the deal. It's going to take a long time to get 100,000 people on board, if they ever even reach that number
    You can enter the port date as you are signing up, cant tell how my much in advance that it will allow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Vargulf

What do I put in the ID Type form if I don't have a Passport/Driving Licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭golondrinas

BowWow wrote: »
    Sign in to My GoMo and look for a tab on the right hand side of the page.
    xckjoo wrote: »
    It's because you're going to get the SIM straight away and it's active with a different number. The porting is handled separately. You'll have an active GoMo account once the SIM arrives, just with a new number.

thanks, the penny has dropped the sim is active the minute you sign for sim..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,531 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭golondrinas

coolcreen wrote: »
    You can enter the port date as you are signing up, cant tell how my much in advance that it will allow.

calendar only goes to end of Nov. :(:(:(

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Anyone have any luck getting iMessage and FaceTime activated, my young lad ported over earlier today and can’t get either activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

Getting about 10 down and up Galway city centre
    Virgin mobile hitting nearly 60 down 30 up
    Sort of surprised was expecting better speeds than I got on gomo...

Seemingly max download anyone will ever get is 10MB 😱😱

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭redunited

Ordered this the night it was released, still no SIM and account says pending.

Anyone else have this?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭ted1

scary wrote: »
    Seemingly max download anyone will ever get is 10MB 😱😱

No , that’s incorrect and being explained plenty of times already

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

ted1 wrote: »
    No , that’s incorrect and being explained plenty of times already

How so? T&Cs state it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

Has anybody received a sim yet ? I ordered a sim days ago and haved heard a thing ?

Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 34 seaniewicklow

Will these Sims work in eir locked phones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

How so? T&Cs state it

It's the exact same on Eir, 3 and Vodafone's T&C's... I've gotten 23 out of my GoMo earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Has anybody received a sim yet ? I ordered a sim days ago and haved heard a thing ?

Tia

Yes, and ported...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

If like me you have a shedload of 3 credit built up from PAYG then consider texting it all to charity before you switch, loads of options here:

https://api.likecharity.com/charities/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭ted1

How so? T&Cs state it

No they don’t they state estimated max. Which is different

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

My sim was attempted to be delivered on Wednesday. I was at work, so I switched the delivery address. It still hasn't moved from the local sorting office. Would I be able to pop up and collect it even after the delivery address change?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭tylerdylan

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Anyone have any luck getting iMessage and FaceTime activated, my young lad ported over earlier today and can’t get either activated.

Chat told me to turn off iMessage and you also need to make sure ''your number'' is the ported number showing under accounts for iMessage etc.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Aquos76 wrote: »

Did you get sorted?
    This would be the biggest worry for me personally too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

How so? T&Cs state it

Plenty of speed tests showing way higher than that...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement