Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

My sim was attempted to be delivered on Wednesday. I was at work, so I switched the delivery address. It still hasn't moved from the local sorting office. Would I be able to pop up and collect it even after the delivery address change?

I often do that... they just pop intpo the sorting office and pick it out of the pigeon hole...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Speed test

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Worth noting that Eir also apply this 9.99 activation fee to new customers.

https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/terms/SIM_Only_Plans.pdf

Item No. 7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Ordered on Tuesday and still no sign of Sims....

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Has anybody received a sim yet ? I ordered a sim days ago and haved heard a thing ?

Tia

Ordered mine Tuesday at lunchtime and got it today, have it in and waiting for the number to port even though I had it set to 9am this morning. Takes up to 24h so support says..

• Advertisement

Pacifico wrote: »
    Ordered on Tuesday and still no sign of Sims....

I ordered Wednesday just before lunch so expect to get them next week.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

People who ordered before 8pm on Tuesday should have their sim by now, I am only basing this on the fact that son 1 ordered his at 5pm on Tuesday, he got his sim yesterday, son 2 ordered his after 7pm Tuesday, he got his this morning and I ordered mine around 8.30pm and I have yet to receive mine yet :)
    kceire wrote: »
    Did you get sorted?
    This would be the biggest worry for me personally too.

I just sent him an imessage there now and its been delivered and read, so looks like his imessage is activated there now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Aquos76 wrote: »
    People who ordered before 8pm on Tuesday should have their sim by now,

I ordered mine at 19:58 on Tuesday no sim today :P . I'm hoping maybe Monday or Tuesday.

I did get a text today to say that the change over has been moved until I get my sim as I had it set to today thinking I might receive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Cuttlefish wrote: »
    IF you sign up using your mobile phone then they don't offer you the chance to port over your number unlike if you are doing so from your Mac/PC

correction: can see it now!!

Yeah, I completely missed that and ordered a SIM without any mention of porting over. Presumably I'll be able to get it sorted once the SIM arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Yeah, I completely missed that and ordered a SIM without any mention of porting over. Presumably I'll be able to get it sorted once the SIM arrives.

You can go into your account online and set a time and datye to port your number... under account information

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

scary wrote: »
    How so? T&Cs state it

Did you read the T&Cs?
    If so did you you any previous posts in this thread?

Did you happen to notice any of the speed tests people posted or that its been pointed out that the 10Mb is the minimum guaranteed speed?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭bunderoon

msmx5 wrote: »
    Did you read the T&Cs?
    If so did you you any previous posts in this thread?

Did you happen to notice any of the speed tests people posted or that its been pointed out that the 10Mb is the minimum guaranteed speed?

It depends on the area and usage within that area I'd say. I got on to three a few years back when most of the area was on Vodafone. My 4G was ~50Mb down and atlease 30Mb up. Now it's about 10Mb and 5-10Mb up.

For 10euro a month, I'd be happy enough for a min of 10Mb. Unless you want to stream 4K, this shouldn't be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

Seeing as how GoMo is owned by Eir does anyone know if a SIM will be recognised in a locked to Eir iPhone?

Ordinarily I would say no, but I remember when Eir took over Meteor that their SIMs worked fine in locked to Meteor phones.

Ported this afternoon and the coverage is awful, one bar network signal and patchy 3G. I live 10 mins from Cork city centre in the 'burbs. I have a feeling I'll be porting back to Vodafone in the next few days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

bunderoon wrote: »
    For 10euro a month, I'd be happy enough for a min of 10Mb. Unless you want to stream 4K, this shouldn't be an issue.

Agreed, but the main point is that the reference to 10Mbs is due to a regulatory requirement from ComReg; they require the operator to specify what speeds should be achievable* and all operators seems to have settled on a minimum of 10mbs whereas in practise you will often get better and sometime worse than this but 10Mbs is a fair claim that the operators will be able to meet.

The 10mbps reference in the T&C's does NOT mean speeds are limited to a max of 10Mbs.

GM228 wrote: »
    Seeing as how GoMo is owned by Eir does anyone know if a SIM will be recognised in a locked to Eir iPhone?

Ordinarily I would say no, but I remember when Eir took over Meteor that their SIMs worked fine in locked to Meteor phones.

The general consensus is that it should work.
    I remember you could use meteor and eMobile sims in one or the other phones. Also, the fact the sims are coming out with 085 numbers adds to it.

I’m kinda going in right as my current phone is locked to Eir :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

kceire wrote: »
    The general consensus is that it should work.
    I remember you could use meteor and eMobile sims in one or the other phones. Also, the fact the sims are coming out with 085 numbers adds to it.

I’m kinda going in right as my current phone is locked to Eir :)

Let us know if it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭pg17

Can people using the GoMO network with an email address on the @eircom.ie domain connect their e-mail client such as Outlook or Android Mail to the eircom email server ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

Got a SIM this morning - had ordered two but only one was delivered.

Unfortunately, there's zero documentation, so I don't know which of the two numbers I want to port is this SIM.

Does any number port to any or are they specific to the SIM sent out.

Also, MyGoMo says my account isn't active but I don't see a way to activate it. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Can somebody who has a GoMo SIM already installed and working on Android please do the following?

1. Open Dialler
    2. Type *#*#4636#*#*
    (if nothing happens, damnit it wont work for you)
    3. Click phone information
    4. Scroll down

You should see a cell table there. Itll have MCC and MNC values. MCC will be 272, the MNC is what we want to know.

Tks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

I can still stream live radio with no interruptions on GoMo. The only difference is that it costs a third as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ten Pin wrote: »

Cheers Ten Pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

Well jitter me ping I’m now a gomosexual and it looks like I’m staying that way

493267.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

pg17 wrote: »
    Can people using the GoMO network with an email address on the @eircom.ie domain connect their e-mail client such as Outlook or Android Mail to the eircom email server ?

I'd like to know this also. I'd imagine if Eir Mobile/Meteor were allowing it then GoMo should. Although I'm not certain.

I recently had the headache of shutting down an eir DSL landline and only afterwards realised that Eir only allowed access to their outgoing mail server from their own connections and didn't allow connections from third parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

OU812 wrote: »
    Got a SIM this morning - had ordered two but only one was delivered.

Unfortunately, there's zero documentation, so I don't know which of the two numbers I want to port is this SIM.

Does any number port to any or are they specific to the SIM sent out.

Also, MyGoMo says my account isn't active but I don't see a way to activate it. Any ideas?
    Same situation as yourself. The only indication of which number this Sim was going to port to was my current number somewhere on the address label

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

Ported this afternoon and the coverage is awful, one bar network signal and patchy 3G. I live 10 mins from Cork city centre in the 'burbs. I have a feeling I'll be porting back to Vodafone in the next few days :(

Bootsy can I ask where are you that's 10 mins from the city that has bad coverage?

I'm a similar distance and was considering making the move to GoMo, but perhaps we're in different directions from the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Got sim today yay (ordered Tues afternoon)! No notification and order still says in progress - chat said it's a known issue and should be fixed in "24 hours" (and a pleasant thanks for chatting with me today by the rep)
    Sim is working fine tho, port set for the morning

Speedtest on eir 2pm last Tuesday was 50/20
    Just now on Gomo 45/15 - peak time tho so probably will be higher during the day
    (both these were Dublin city center indoors with thick concrete walls)

Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Anyone here from Drogheda or the surrounding areas with a sim? How is it working for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Wing126 wrote: »
    Anyone here from Drogheda or the surrounding areas with a sim? How is it working for you?

Use this to see where the nearest masts are
    https://siteviewer.comreg.ie/#explore

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement