Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

msmx5 wrote: »
    Did you read the T&Cs?
    If so did you you any previous posts in this thread?

Did you happen to notice any of the speed tests people posted or that its been pointed out that the 10Mb is the minimum guaranteed speed?

I have.
    not all of it.
    i have and they're not impressive.
    T&C's clearly state 10Mb is estimated maximum on 4G not minimum guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

scary wrote: »
    I have.
    not all of it.
    i have and they're not impressive.
    T&C's clearly state 10Mb is estimated maximum on 4G not minimum guaranteed.

And it’s been stated numerous times here that all supplier have that in their t&cs and isn’t an indication of speed, minimum or maximum.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Redqwerty

pg17 wrote: »
    Can people using the GoMO network with an email address on the @eircom.ie domain connect their e-mail client such as Outlook or Android Mail to the eircom email server ?

Should work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭freddy99

Coverage pretty abysmal in Ashbourne. Coverage chart shows solid 4G...however reality is very different. Have tried Meteor APN as well as Eirmobile. Both equally pathetic.
    1.2Mb download, 0.2Mb upload.

adox wrote: »
    And it’s been stated numerous times here that all supplier have that in their t&cs and isn’t an indication of speed, minimum or maximum.

hopefully but i expect they will throttle speeds. I have and eir account and get minimum 65-70Mb on 4G. I should expect the same from GoMo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

freddy99 wrote: »
    Coverage pretty abysmal in Ashbourne. Coverage chart shows solid 4G...however reality is very different. Have tried Meteor APN as well as Eirmobile. Both equally pathetic.

There's more to the coverage than that, where are you located, whats between you and the mast and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

freddy99 wrote: »
    1.2Mb download, 0.2Mb upload.

You aren't the only one complaining about Ashbourne, must be a bit of a bad spot for coverage...

I used to work out there and never had an issue on Eir but maybe things have changed?

So many people b*tching about the speed not being the same as some other provider
    Reality is you probably never even use those speeds except when doing a speed test (like every new GoMo customer is trying to do this week)

Fieldog wrote: »
    You aren't the only one complaining about Ashbourne, must be a bit of a bad spot for coverage...

I used to work out there and never had an issue on Eir but maybe things have changed?

Worst kind of time of year if there is a forest between you and the mast - lots of foliage covered in moisture

fritzelly wrote: »
    So many people b*tching about the speed not being the same as some other provider
    Reality is you probably never even use those speeds except when doing a speed test (like every new GoMo customer is trying to do this week)

But you do agree surely if its the same company providing the service they should be comparable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

GM228 wrote: »
    Seeing as how GoMo is owned by Eir does anyone know if a SIM will be recognised in a locked to Eir iPhone?

Ordinarily I would say no, but I remember when Eir took over Meteor that their SIMs worked fine in locked to Meteor phones.

There might be a distinction between "network" and "operator", and for a time, Meteor handsets were sold unlocked. I'll be interested to find out. I hope it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Worst kind of time of year if there is a forest between you and the mast - lots of foliage covered in moisture

What are you waffling about?

Co. Meath is not noted for its forests.

But you do agree surely if its the same company providing the service they should be comparable?

Do you expect Nescafe Original to be the same as Nescafe Gold even tho it's cheaper???

What are you waffling about?

Co. Meath is not noted for its forests.

It's called an analogy

Did you actually read any of this thread?

Numerous people have posted speed tests showing that GoMo and Eir speeds are pretty much identical.

And while they're not that fast, the majority were well over 10 Mbps.

It's called an analogy

You need to look up what 'analogy' means. It's called bullsh1t.

Did you actually read any of this thread?

Numerous people have posted speed tests showing that GoMo and Eir speeds are pretty much identical.

And while they're not that fast, the majority were well over 10 Mbps.

And thats all i expect.

Do you expect Nescafe Original to be the same as Nescafe Gold even tho it's cheaper???

No but i expect 4g data speeds with Eir to be the same as 4g data speeds with Eir.

And thats all i expect.

So what are you talking about?

No but i expect 4g data speeds with Eir to be the same as 4g data speeds with Eir.

I've just tested GoMo again - got 52 down - I now conclude GoMo is better than what I had with eir since I only got 50 with eir last Tuesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Got my SIM today. Tested the speed and it's 30Mbps, pretty good I thought. Tested my 3 SIM and I'm getting over 100 Mbps, I never knew it was that fast and probably won't notice the difference for what I do on my phone. I'm in north Co. Cork.

So what are you talking about?

Im waiting to see that what GoMo are providing is similar to what Eir provides, as its what I expect. So far it seems as that wont be the case apart from some sporadic comparisons which say they are the same.Disappointing really.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

Hopefully the exodus to Eir will improve 3 for us remainers :D

Im waiting to see that what GoMo are providing is similar to what Eir provides, as its what I expect. So far it seems as that wont be the case apart from some sporadic comparisons which say they are the same.Disappointing really.

You are being very pendantic about something you wouldn't even notice in daily use.
    Unless you are downloading multi GB files (on a phone why would you) and desperate for time you could survive on 5Mbs very happily and not know the difference if you had 100Mbs download speed

People complaining about a technology they barely have a grasp of how it works

(And Gomo are a fraction of what anyone else is charging for "all in")

Your posts are nonsense. I surrender.

Your posts are nonsense. I surrender.

Really? what an ignorant way of viewing things. why would it concern you so much? I'm trying to get info if it upsets you to the point of surrender maybe you should log off for abit and not get so involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

westyIrl wrote: »
    Hopefully the exodus to Eir will improve 3 for us remainers :D

Good point! In the past week I got a 4G router and a 3 SIM. Have it in the attic and it's working well, unfortunately cannot get a good Eir 4G signal.

With the wife and I switching our phones to Gomo and 3 for the internet we're now paying €40 in total per month for all that. Not bad at all but would love if fibre was an option.

Really? what an ignorant way of viewing things. why would it concern you so much? I'm trying to get info if it upsets you to the point of surrender maybe you should log off for abit and not get so involved.

Try it for a week - costs you a tenner
    If it doesn't work for you then stay as you are

• Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I think we have to wait a couple of weeks to see if this is worth using or not because basing this on a couple of speed test is not realistic.

Speed tests shown here are simple tests that can have different results depending on browser used, amount of users at the time and servers used.

Once enough people post their real live experience streaming or downloading Spotify/Amazon Music/Tidal etc. or watching Netflix or speed of download from the play / apple store than we will know.

As to the delivery delays, they clearly underestimated the amount of people willing to swap, but giving how change resistant Irish customers usually are that can be excused.

Let’s see how they are in real life with download speed and voice quality (HD voice for example like on EIR) and was than we will know what to make of it.

Right now I will for sure invest 9.99 to test it. If it does not work for me I simply cancel. I had mostly good experience with EIR network (not the customer service the network) but they just got to the expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 bertiusMaximus

I ported over yesterday from Virgin Sim Free. Data working fine but cannot receive any calls or texts from any other mobile number. Anyone else with the same issue?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement