Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

fritzelly wrote: »
    You are being very pendantic about something you wouldn't even notice in daily use.
    Unless you are downloading multi GB files (on a phone why would you) and desperate for time you could survive on 5Mbs very happily and not know the difference if you had 100Mbs download speed

People complaining about a technology they barely have a grasp of how it works

(And Gomo are a fraction of what anyone else is charging for "all in")

Absolutely spot on, I’m still on eir and I did a speedtest in the centre of Waterford City about half hour ago and got 52mb down, 5 mins later I go 13mb, fact is, I’d never have noticed it if I was checking speeds. Most of the time 5mb is perfect for what we are all using our phones for.

Bootsy can I ask where are you that's 10 mins from the city that has bad coverage?

I'm a similar distance and was considering making the move to GoMo, but perhaps we're in different directions from the city?

Southside near CUH. I’m up to two bars now but still only 3G and poor speed.

There is a 14 day cooling off cancellation option with GoMo so something to look forward to!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Just testing the voicemail
    The Call Catcher text still says from eir, so seems they are still very much the same infrastructure for anyone asking about eir locked phones

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭A Law

antodeco wrote: »
    Think about it like this. 100K sign up. Everyone ports. Realised the network is terrible. Ports back month 2. Nice easy 2 million euro for eir

Don't forget the activation fee. Only adds another million.

Don't forget the activation fee. Only adds another million.

As a go alone company they probably won't break even for a while
    Their advertising,staff costs etc would likely eat up income for months to come
    I wonder are they operating as a branch of eir or paying eir a premium for usage of their systems (Starbucks like if you want)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 beet_root

Just checked and Eir don't support 4G on Moto g6, any idea why? Presume GoMo are the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭John arse

if its unlimited ,how could you exceed your allowance?

beet_root wrote: »
    Just checked and Eir don't support 4G on Moto g6, any idea why? Presume GoMo are the same?

Should do - they support the phone's 4G frequencies

John arse wrote: »
    if its unlimited ,how could you exceed your allowance?

Because unlimited in the telco industry means the average consumer could never use that much and so they put limits on it ergo why GoMo does not allow business use

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭John arse

jeffk wrote: »
    https://gomo.ie/pricing

Usage outside of your inclusive allowances will be charged as follows:

Voicemail – Free
    Additional Minutes – 30c/Min
    SMS – 15c per SMS
    For all other charges please click here
    if it's unlimited,how could you you use up your allowance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

jrmb wrote: »
    There might be a distinction between "network" and "operator", and for a time, Meteor handsets were sold unlocked. I'll be interested to find out. I hope it works.

Meteor and eMobile/Eir (and now confirmed for GoMo) use the same MNC (mobile network code) code (03, though eMobile also used to use 07) which is the code used for locking a phone to an operator, that is why you could use each others SIM when they were locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Motorola always have had weird radio bands on their phones, could that have something to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭sliabh 1956

If I was to switch can I still use my Vodaphone WiFi and thunderbird for e mails at home and when I am away from home I can acess the Eir Coverage

If I was to switch can I still use my Vodaphone WiFi and thunderbird for e mails at home and when I am away from home I can acess the Eir Coverage

Your mobile has nothing to do with your home broadband - if your phone already as a wifi profile set for your VF router then it will still continue work fine.
    (unless I am missing something else in the question)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 beet_root

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Szero

What type of landline call numbers are included? i.e. are 0818 numbers etc included? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

Szero wrote: »
    What type of landline call numbers are included? i.e. are 0818 numbers etc included? Thanks.

0818 etc are classed as "national calls", the plan includes calls to "Irish mobiles", and "Irish landlines". National calls cost 30c per minute.

Landline numbers are your 01, 022 etc geographic code numbers.

From what I could find online eir supports 1800 and the phone supports 1800
    (found mention of 800 but there's conflicting specs on that)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

scary wrote: »
    Im waiting to see that what GoMo are providing is similar to what Eir provides, as its what I expect. So far it seems as that wont be the case apart from some sporadic comparisons which say they are the same.Disappointing really.

Im currently with eir in Dublin... I get between 4-8mb. They aren't that quick as it is...

Still changing to gomo though as its a 20 quid saving each month!

GM228 wrote: »
    0818 etc are classed as "national calls", the plan includes calls to "Irish mobiles", and "Irish landlines". National calls cost 30c per minute.

Wrong!!!
    All lo-call numbers will, by law from the beginning of December, have to be included in all call packages (most will be phased out over the next 2 years)
    Nearly all providers have included them at this point including GoMo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

GM228 wrote: »

From 1st December 2019 such non-geographic numbers should be included as per Comreg's direction.

https://www.comreg.ie/comreg-introduces-measures-to-address-consumer-confusion-and-high-costs-of-using-non-geographic-numbers/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

scary wrote: »
    Im waiting to see that what GoMo are providing is similar to what Eir provides, as its what I expect. So far it seems as that wont be the case apart from some sporadic comparisons which say they are the same.Disappointing really.

It would appear then that this thread is of no use to you. Plenty other threads out there for you to troll.

Eir speeds and GoMo speeds will be similar to each other based on location, traffic and handset.

Eir engineer confirmed today and real world testing in the same building confirmed today in Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭pg17

Szero wrote: »

ComReg has introduced two measures designed to address the cost of using such numbers and also tackle confusion among consumers about the differences between the numbers. The changes being introduced by ComReg are:

Geo-linking Condition: from 1 December 2019, a call to an 1850, 1890, 0818 or 076 [VOIP calls] NGN will cost no more than the cost of calling a landline number. This means that if landline calls are included in your “bundle of call minutes” then NGN calls will also be “in bundle”. No separate charge will apply for any NGN call (unless you have used up your bundle of call minutes).

NGN Consolidation: From January 1 2022, the five NGN ranges will be reduced to two. The 1850, 1890, 076 ranges will be withdrawn and the 1800 (Freephone) and 0818 range will remain. This 3 year period is to allow organisations that use NGNs time to prepare.

So from December, 1850, 1890, 0818 and 076 call will be included in the unlimited GoMO bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Do you expect Nescafe Original to be the same as Nescafe Gold even tho it's cheaper???

Yes, and in addition, I expect Wi-Fi calling!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

Fieldog wrote: »
    Motorola always have had weird radio bands on their phones, could that have something to do with it?

I've a Moto One Vision and I've 4G on Gomo

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

John arse wrote: »
    if it's unlimited,how could you you use up your allowance?

Fair usage policy. As per all mobile operators in this country.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Gomo is a trading name of Eircom so it's just a different brand, same as meteor (was), same as eir.
    Scroll down to end of the pages linked...
    https://gomo.ie/legal/
    https://www.eir.ie/about/legal/

Yeah, so they are still eir in all essence

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Anyone else keep getting these really annoying messages from IonMobile whoever they are? Nearly every half hour.

You've reached your account credit limit, you won't be able to go out of bundle until after your next billing date. To speak to our chat team or view our faqs go to www.GoMo.ie. That's it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

So many people b*tching about the speed not being the same as some other provider
    Reality is you probably never even use those speeds except when doing a speed test (like every new GoMo customer is trying to do this week)

yeah, i find the disappointment with 4G speeds by a few on here a bit :confused:

Only if you have some mad experiment running on your phone or actually want to use this purely for tethering as a home internet connection, a solid 3G/H+ connection is all you need!

• Advertisement

A Spanish company?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement