Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭edward901

If I order a SIM card will I be able to use the card in a sim operated router box?I don’t need to port my number. Will be using it for internet access only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

edward901 wrote: »
    If I order a SIM card will I be able to use the card in a sim operated router box?I don’t need to port my number. Will be using it for internet access only.

I think that’s been positively confirmed within the thread a fair few times now (i know there are a lot of pages)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭pg17

Anyone else keep getting these really annoying messages from IonMobile whoever they are? Nearly every half hour.

You've reached your account credit limit, you won't be able to go out of bundle until after your next billing date. To speak to our chat team or view our faqs go to www.GoMo.ie. That's it!

From Q&As

"We have an out of bundle cap of €30. This means you can spend up to €30 on charges that are not included in your bundle. This includes Premium Rate Services such as 1890/1850 numbers, any non-standard text messages, Roaming over the EU cap, roaming outside the EU and international calls and texts. We have this limit to protect our customers. If you receive this message, you will not be able to incur any more out of bundle charges until after your next bill".

BTW from December 1, call to 1850, 1890, 0818 or 076 numbers will cost no more than the cost of calling a landline number (i.e. will be in bundle and so free).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

Aquos76 wrote: »
    People who ordered before 8pm on Tuesday should have their sim by now, I am only basing this on the fact that son 1 ordered his at 5pm on Tuesday, he got his sim yesterday, son 2 ordered his after 7pm Tuesday, he got his this morning and I ordered mine around 8.30pm and I have yet to receive mine yet :)

I ordered mine at 20:39 on Tuesday. Got an e-mail from An Post a few minutes ago saying that my SIM had been despatched. Hopefully you should be getting the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Hi,
    Currently an Eir customer on their 9.99(6 month intro offer) ->(15.99 it think soon) 30 rolling contract.
    Am based in Galway city and my data usage is usually 1Gb per month, the odd youtube video, mainly download a podcast and Guardian live blog.

Is there anything I should be aware of before porting my current Eir number over? Seems like a fine price - just nervous its too good to be true.

• Advertisement

Anyone else keep getting these really annoying messages from IonMobile whoever they are? Nearly every half hour.

I was looking at some part of the GoMo documentation yesterday (I can’t remember where) and there was a reference to Ion. It struck me at the time that GoMo had done a cut and paste and forgotten to change the name. Based on your post my guess is that it could be a sister company and they are using some shared infrastructure.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

jogdish wrote: »
    Is there anything I should be aware of before porting my current Eir number over? Seems like a fine price - just nervous its too good to be true.

Nope, move over

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Spencerfreeman

pg17 wrote: »

BTW from December 1, call to 1850, 1890, 0818 or 076 numbers will cost no more than the cost of calling a landline number (i.e. will be in bundle and so free).

Are you sure that they will be included in bundles as it just says they will be charged at the cost of calling a landline?

Stokolan wrote: »
    I ordered mine at 19:58 on Tuesday no sim today :P . I'm hoping maybe Monday or Tuesday.

See https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111543054&postcount=1405

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭pg17

Are you sure that they will be included in bundles as it just says they will be charged at the cost of calling a landline?

Certain - this has been 2 years in preparation and well flagged by COMREG. Some mobile operators are already communicating. This is from COMREG's site

ComReg has introduced two measures designed to address the cost of using such numbers and also tackle confusion among consumers about the differences between the numbers. The changes being introduced by ComReg are:

Geo-linking Condition: from 1 December 2019, a call to an 1850, 1890, 0818 or 076 [VOIP calls] NGN [non geographic numbers] will cost no more than the cost of calling a landline number. This means that if landline calls are included in your “bundle of call minutes” then NGN calls will also be “in bundle”. No separate charge will apply for any NGN call (unless you have used up your bundle of call minutes).

NGN Consolidation: From January 1 2022, the five NGN ranges will be reduced to two. The 1850, 1890, 076 ranges will be withdrawn and the 1800 (Freephone) and 0818 range will remain. This 3 year period is to allow organisations that use NGNs time to prepare.

So from December, 1850, 1890, 0818 and 076 call will be included in the unlimited GoMO bundle.

• Advertisement

The ComReg document linked to in post 1391 is pretty clear about this.

Is tethering allowed on GoMo?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Ah here, read the very 1st post :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭what the hell!

pg17 wrote: »
    From Q&As

"We have an out of bundle cap of €30. This means you can spend up to €30 on charges that are not included in your bundle. This includes Premium Rate Services such as 1890/1850 numbers, any non-standard text messages, Roaming over the EU cap, roaming outside the EU and international calls and texts. We have this limit to protect our customers. If you receive this message, you will not be able to incur any more out of bundle charges until after your next bill".

Literally just ported over at 6 this evening so I couldn’t be over the limit. I haven’t done anything since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

My number was supposed to port at 6 this evening but still hasn't moved. I'm with 48 but when i did verification it automatically selected Tesco and won't allow me change it. Will it port later?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭what the hell!

My number was supposed to port at 6 this evening but still hasn't moved. I'm with 48 but when i did verification it automatically selected Tesco and won't allow me change it. Will it port later?

Did you try turning the phone off and on or turn on and off flight mode.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Apparently, porting is always risky at the weekends for some reason. It may well be different with GoMo as everything seems to be more automated with their porting process.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Hibernicis wrote: »
    I ordered mine at 20:39 on Tuesday. Got an e-mail from An Post a few minutes ago saying that my SIM had been despatched. Hopefully you should be getting the same.

Ha, I just checked my emails and I ordered at 20:59 on Tuesday evening, and no I didn’t get an An Post dispatch email tonight, I’m not to bothered as I’m an eir customer so I know full well what to expect. Tuesday or Wednesday next week will suit me fine.

• Advertisement

Ten Pin wrote: »
    We are upgrading our website – Mon August 20 10:15am 2019
    We are upgrading the all new Ion website to bring you exciting new functionality. Our site will be unavailable from 7am – 9am on Tuesday August 21st. Please bear with us during our upgrade.

Good spot. That’s not it but it was something very similar to that. Thank you.

Good spot. That’s not it but it was something very similar to that. Thank you.

Just thinking the other possibility is that Ion was a dummy name, used pre launch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Did you try turning the phone off and on or turn on and off flight mode.

Yes, the old SIM is still working

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭ReverseGiraffe

Anyone have the details to set up the data.myeirmobile.ie APN? I'm on the meteor one but its mainly just switching between 2G and 3G, 4G the very odd time in the house

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

Just thinking the other possibility is that Ion was a dummy name, used pre launch.

Payee on Revolut shows up as "Eir Ion".

• Registered Users Posts: 21 weeb

For anyone curious on what happens if you go above the 80GB fair usage limit, they will throttle your connection speed which "varies depending on how the network is but it could go down to 200Kb" according to their support team.

Anyone have the details to set up the data.myeirmobile.ie APN? I'm on the meteor one but its mainly just switching between 2G and 3G, 4G the very odd time in the house

May depend on your phone but look for access point (name) under the mobile network config setting

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

My sim came next Day after ordering. I originally had it planned to port over next week, but since it arrived fast I could select to port over from the online account.

The safety net of pay as you go could stop you calling an expensive number ect and no Extra charges.

I take it I can call any number with this and if it's not Irish I'd pay extra on my top of my 9.99 bill?

Limpy wrote: »
    My sim came next Day after ordering. I originally had it planned to port over next week, but since it arrived fast I could select to port over from the online account.

The safety net of pay as you go could stop you calling an expensive number ect and no Extra charges.

I take it I can call any number with this and if it's not Irish I'd pay extra on my top of my 9.99 bill?

Unless I'm reading it wrong you could be charged up to max €30 extra each month if you are calling for example premium numbers - so not exactly prepay methodology

Edit for billing T&C
    Usage & connection issues
    I have just received a message on insufficient credit on my account?
    We have an out of bundle cap of €30. This means you can spend up to €30 on charges that are not included in your bundle. This includes Premium Rate Services such as 1890/1850 numbers, any non-standard text messages, roaming over the EU cap, roaming outside the EU and international calls and texts. We have this limit to protect our customers. If you receive this message, you will not be able to incur any more out of bundle charges until after your next billing date.

Which is good, how many horror stories do you hear of people getting bills for 100's of euro due to roaming charges

• Advertisement

Hi,
    currently trying to switch to GoMo, it is asking me for current account number.

So I have Home landland/ Eir fibre and rolling 30 day contract on mobile all with Eir - I logged onto my account and I only have one account number.

Is this the number I input? I don't want to mess anything up with my landland/Eir fibre just porting my mobile to GoMo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement