Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

jogdish wrote: »
    Hi,
    currently trying to switch to GoMo, it is asking me for current account number.

So I have Home landland/ Eir fibre and rolling 30 day contract on mobile all with Eir - I logged onto my account and I only have one account number.

Is this the number I input? I don't want to mess anything up with my landland/Eir fibre just porting my mobile to GoMo.

Where is it asking for the account number?
    You should just be entering the phone number and verifying it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

fritzelly wrote: »

On the sign up page, clicked keep number, then did the phone verification step then asked me what account type I have, so I clicked 'postpay single line' - since I get a bill each month from Eir but the mobile part of my contract is just a 30day deal,(rest of bill is fibre and landline).

Next took a move date of next friday and right next to that asks for 'Current account provider number'

Then you are "prepay" in a sense - you pay for the following month, that's how most eir packages work

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

On the sign up page, clicked keep number, then did the phone verification step then asked me what account type I have, so I clicked 'postpay single line' - since I get a bill each month from Eir but the mobile part of my contract is just a 30day deal,(rest of bill is fibre and landline).

Next took a move date of next friday and right next to that asks for 'Current account provider number'

I had the same when signing up. I am moving from an Eir sim only plan. Had to supply my account number same as you. Post pay is the correct option as it’s still technically a bill, even though it’s just a 30 day contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Anyone have the details to set up the data.myeirmobile.ie APN? I'm on the meteor one but its mainly just switching between 2G and 3G, 4G the very odd time in the house
    I'm on Meteor apn settings too - my previous sim was Meteor. I thought they might change automatically when I put in the GOMO sim but they didn't. I'm getting 4G in one part of the house but, strangely, it now drops to G in a part of the house where I never got less than E. In fact, I never saw G on my phone until I put in the GOMO sim - it never went lower than E.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Just checked Vodafone site and you cant port from GoMo or Lyca but there is Eir all right.Just wondering if someone wants to come back would it be possible?

Not ported yet im going to check mates phone tomorrow i co.Galway (10miles from city)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I had to input my account number too.
    Currently Eir 30 day sim only rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Then you are "prepay" in a sense - you pay for the following month, that's how most eir packages work
    He's not prepay. He is on a 'sim only' mobile set-up as part of his Home Package.

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    He's not prepay. He is on a 'sim only' mobile set-up as part of his Home Package.

Should not need to provide any account details since you are not in a contract - you are prepaying for your usage.
    The SIMO is seperate to the BB/TV contracted package
    Has anyone else needed to provide those details for a contracted phone on VF etc I would be interested to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

Just checked Vodafone site and you cant port from GoMo or Lyca but there is Eir all right.Just wondering if someone wants to come back would it be possible?

Not ported yet im going to check mates phone tomorrow i co.Galway (10miles from city)

You can port from any provider, they are legally required to facilitate porting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

GM228 wrote: »
    Meteor and eMobile/Eir (and now confirmed for GoMo) use the same MNC (mobile network code) code (03, though eMobile also used to use 07) which is the code used for locking a phone to an operator, that is why you could use each others SIM when they were locked.

Same with Postmobile using the same MNC as Vodafone (01).

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

Lissavane wrote: »
    I'm on Meteor apn settings too - my previous sim was Meteor. I thought they might change automatically when I put in the GOMO sim but they didn't. I'm getting 4G in one part of the house but, strangely, it now drops to G in a part of the house where I never got less than E. In fact, I never saw G on my phone until I put in the GOMO sim - it never went lower than E.

E (Edge) is lower than 3G
    E<3G<4G

Unless you are talking about GPRS. GoMo uses GPRS??

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭grinder23

Yes just Eir account number

Should not need to provide any account details since you are not in a contract - you are prepaying for your usage.
    Has anyone else needed to provide those details for a contracted phone on VF etc I would be interested to know?
    He is not (nor is anyone signing up to Gomo) prepaying for his usage. He is only prepaying for a certain amount of usage. Anything beyond this usage (international calls or texts for example) will be charged for on the following month's bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

westyIrl wrote: »
    Lissavane wrote: »

E<3G<4G

Assume the poster is saying G for GPRS.

G and E are essentially 2G technology though E is significantly faster, I didn't even think G still showed these days on any network.

For completion of your list these are the current limits:-
    G (114Kbps) < E (368Kbps) < 3G (3.1Mbps) < H (14Mbps) < H+ (168Mbps) < 4G/LTE (299.6Mbps)

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    He is not (nor is anyone signing up to Gomo) prepaying for his usage. He is only prepaying for a certain amount of usage. Anything beyond this usage (international calls or texts for example) will be charged for on the following month's bill.

So did anyone else on bill pay with VF, Three etc have to give their account number?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I get what you’re mean but it is considered a post pay plan. If you go on eir’s website the sim only plans are under the bill pay section.

Also, you only need to provide the account number if you’re a bill pay customer, prepay don’t have to provide this as I don’t think they even have a number. I don’t know if they only ask for the account number if you’re switching from Eir to GoMo, maybe it’s to make things easier for themselves.

G and E are essentially 2G technology though E is significantly faster, I didn't even think G still showed these days on any network.

G (114Kbps) < E (368Kbps) < 3G (3.1Mbps) < H (14Mbps) < H+ (168Mbps) < 4G/LTE (299.6Mbps)

I see G occasionally on Vodafone when I'm in the back of beyonds, although mostly when I fall back onto 2G coverage it's E. When I was on Meteor a few years ago, I'd get G quite a bit in rural areas.

DubDJ wrote: »
    I get what you’re mean but it is considered a post pay plan. If you go on eir’s website the sim only plans are under the bill pay section.

Also, you only need to provide the account number if you’re a bill pay customer, prepay don’t have to provide this as I don’t think they even have a number. I don’t know if they only ask for the account number if you’re switching from Eir to GoMo, maybe it’s to make things easier for themselves.

I'll cede it probably is seen as a contract even tho its not really a contract

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

You've posted about 50 times about this offer and you've posted some complete crap. This one is nearly as good as the forest you invented in Meath.

What's the story with your manic interest in this? It's not like your posts are helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Lads, it's 10 quid a month, so more or less 2 pints a month on a rolling 30 day contract. Worst comes to worst just leave for someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

My reception hasnt improved unfortunately. Was on Eir/Mobile and was able to get 3g/4g in parts of the house.

Now on GOMO I can barely get a signal. Most of the time im on "emergency calls only".

I will say that a friend of mine also in Galway was reporting his Eir coverage has been non existent for most of the week. Wonder are the two linked.:confused:

It is a contract. A 30 day rolling contract. A prepay does not involve Credit/Debit card or Bank A/C details. You simply pay your money and can ONLY use what you have paid for in advance.
    A Sim -Only Contract even has the word Contract in the Name. There's possibly a reason for that.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

My number was supposed to port at 6 this evening but still hasn't moved. I'm with 48 but when i did verification it automatically selected Tesco and won't allow me change it. Will it port later?

I was in the same situation and it ported in about 5 mins. (from 48)

joe123 wrote: »
    My reception hasnt improved unfortunately. Was on Eir/Mobile and was able to get 3g/4g in parts of the house.

Now on GOMO I can barely get a signal. Most of the time im on "emergency calls only".

I will say that a friend of mine also in Galway was reporting his Eir coverage has been non existent for most of the week. Wonder are the two linked.:confused:

Have you had 4G/3G coverage at any stage since you switched? Could be an issue with the SIM. Try changing the network settings on your phone to 4G/3G only and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

westyIrl wrote: »
    E<3G<4G

GOMO uses 2G to 4G. My meteor sim often reverted to E but never to G. I understand both are 2G.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

HSDPA or H+ would more accurately be 45Mb I suspect.

4G in many areas is 150Mbs, 225 in others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

ED E wrote: »
    HSDPA or H+ would more accurately be 45Mb I suspect.

4G in many areas is 150Mbs, 225 in others.

mbps, not Mbs I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭go4it

30+Mbps for 10/month? you think they'll take bandwidth from high paying Eir customers and give it to netflix bingers? not in your wettest dreams...

You think some network got wise overnight, and in order to surf the T&C's gives you 4/5 signal bars, and about 10Mps down and 2Mbps up, just to cover basic services : inline streaming, voice over whatssap/messenger, etc .
    Most of the video streaming comes over CDN so clients UX is ok'ish...

More customers within network, less cost for gomo ( kinda LAN data traffic )
    If you ever want to experience a cheap and popular network for internet access, take a bus of commuters and try to connect to basic services using the onboard wifi of dublin bus

gomo is for parents who were concerned that kids could produce a 'surprise' invoice on their phones..
    It's not for prepay fans, and not for low/infrequent users that top up 10e every 6 months, to keep the number alive

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement