Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

My number switched over last night perfectly. Weird seeing the 4g symbol on my phone, was always H before on Tesco Mobile. Everything works great, internet noticeably faster, delighted!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

I got one of two SIMs delivered yesterday but it does not work - I was told to wait 24 hours, so maybe it will start working today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

I didn’t receive my Sim yet but if I decide to switch from Virgin do I need to give them 30 days notice in order to cancel? According to their website the procedure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

My number still hasn't ported from 48, nor has my wife's. It was supposed to happen at 6pm yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Can you sign up without porting and then at a later stage, say about a month later when you are happy with the service, initiate a port?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

Started port at 5pm Friday night and it just ported there at 8.30am Saturday morning. 4g signal in Dublin no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

My number still hasn't ported from 48, nor has my wife's. It was supposed to happen at 6pm yesterday

My wife was supposed to port from Tesco but hasn't for 3 days, it's a joke. Been on to support who keep saying wait another 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

morgana wrote: »
    Can you sign up without porting and then at a later stage, say about a month later when you are happy with the service, initiate a port?

Yes. I ordered a SIM and then when it arrived kicked off the porting process via the website. Less than 4 hours later I was ported over. But you can wait a month if you want and then port.

Porting hours from Eir FAQ - I presume GoMo use the same.

Pay As You Go numbers will transfer within 2 business hours Monday to Friday 9am-7pm. Bill pay numbers with only one number on the account will transfer within 8 business hours Monday to Friday 9am-7pm. Bill Pay numbers with more than one number on the account will transfer within 24 hours Monday - Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I saw someone on here mention about putting this sim into a router. Would it be faster for browsing than current 3 meg broadband to the house (all that's available down home)?

If it would be, could someone a router please?

ImARebel wrote: »
    I saw someone on here mention about putting this sim into a router. Would it be faster for browsing than current 3 meg broadband to the house (all that's available down home)?

If it would be, could someone a router please?

Put it into a phone and test it out as a hotspot. It probably would be quicker than 3mb but it depends on a lot of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

fritzelly wrote: »
    I've just tested GoMo again - got 52 down - I now conclude GoMo is better than what I had with eir since I only got 50 with eir last Tuesday
    It's called "proof by induction". :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

freddy99 wrote: »
    Coverage pretty abysmal in Ashbourne. Coverage chart shows solid 4G...however reality is very different. Have tried Meteor APN as well as Eirmobile. Both equally pathetic.
    1.2Mb download, 0.2Mb upload.

Also in Ashbourne, no network coverage in the house at all :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭larchielads

Ordered tuesday evenin, its still "in progress" ��

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Ush1 wrote: »
    My wife was supposed to port from Tesco but hasn't for 3 days, it's a joke. Been on to support who keep saying wait another 24 hours.

Your wife messed up twice so stop blaming Eir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

My port is scheduled to happen at 1001 this morning.

I'm using my current Eir sim. When the port finishes will my connection to Eir completely drop?

I presume it does. Would save me swapping in and out Sims to check progress.

I'm using my current Eir sim. When the port finishes will my connection to Eir completely drop?

It'll drop and say emergency calls only on your lock screen

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Did you try restarting the phones? Mine didnt show anything unti I rebooted it and then it came up sim not provisioned , so I knew it was time to put the new one in.
    My provision time was 17:30 yesterday, rebooted around 17:35 and all grand.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    Did you try restarting the phones? Mine didnt show anything unti I rebooted it and then it came up sim not provisioned , so I knew it was time to put the new one in.
    My provision time was 17:30 yesterday, rebooted around 17:35 and all grand.

Yes, rebooted and tried airplane mode several times since last night

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    It'll drop and say emergency calls only on your lock screen

Great, thanks.

Well it sort of works. Number ported, can receive SMS and calls, can use data but cannot send SMS or make calls as apparently I'm give over my credit limit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

Can you order an unported sim and port it over to your existing number after receiving it?

SeamusFX wrote: »
    Can you order an unported sim and port it over to your existing number after receiving it?

Yes you can schedule the port after

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I ordered the other day and choose Friday evening for the port still haven’t gotten a sim yet not a good start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

It seems that I have to wait for second SIM and only then both of them would become active. A bit annoying but I guess they are overwhelmed with orders, I wonder how soon they will reach 100k subscribers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

September1 wrote: »
    It seems that I have to wait for second SIM and only then both of them would become active. A bit annoying but I guess they are overwhelmed with orders, I wonder how soon they will reach 100k subscribers.

100k is still a massive number. They'll reach 10k easily in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

biggebruv wrote: »
    I ordered the other day and choose Friday evening for the port still haven’t gotten a sim yet not a good start

Why?

What day did you order?

It won't port till you actually have the SIM so no issues at all there.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mr Teeny

Well it sort of works. Number ported, can receive SMS and calls, can use data but cannot send SMS or make calls as apparently I'm give over my credit limit.

Same here. Number ported fine this morning but can’t make calls or send messages. Receiving both fine.

Trying to call out I get automated message saying I’m “barred from making calls”.

Outgoing SMS gets me this:
    “You've reached your account credit limit, you won't be able to go out of bundle until after your next billing date. To speak to our chat team or view our faqs go to www.GoMo.ie. That's it!”

My wife ported her number at same time and all working perfectly... strange

Here's what the chat rep said:

"Hi xxxx, that issue is known. I will escalate this and get it sorted. Resolution forecast is 24 hours. Apologies for the inconvenience."

Haven't had credit issues since I was on prepay nearly 10 years ago. Odd to get this error on postpay.

Wife is due to port on Tuesday, I encouraged her to switch. She'll murder me if she has issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Why?

What day did you order?

It won't port till you actually have the SIM so no issues at all there.

But why ask me to pick a time and day if they can’t stick to it.

I asked a family member to hang around the house that day and time cause I was expecting the sim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 coolcreen

I wish to buy a sim with a new number from GOMO and retain my present Vodafone number should the coverage with GOMO be unsatisfactory. We live in a mountainous area where coverage is poor.
    Does anyone know if it is possible to port over a GOMO sim to my present Vodafone number after making a purchase of a GOMO sim with a new number? ........difficult question

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement