Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Estimated maximum speeds:

4G download 10Mb/s, 3G Download 1Mb/s. Upload speed is 10% of the download speed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 swinson

Now how to cancel?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Suckit wrote: »
    No doubt the other providers will come out with something to compete. Think I would much rather wait and see what they have to offer.

Like vodafone and their 1Gb data

• Registered Users Posts: 20 elnoelio

swinson wrote: »
    Now how to cancel?

lol, I'll give it a month and most likely go crawling back cup in hand to 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

long_b wrote: »

4G download 10Mb/s, 3G Download 1Mb/s. Upload speed is 10% of the download speed.

Pretty poor alright. Saw that on the coverage map. Put me off signing up. I'm with eir for mobile broadband and I'm getting 20mb/s. Thought I'd get the same with gomo until I read this. Can see a lot of cancellations or complaints when people start using the service. Could be a case of another Tesco mobile Network, started so brightly and fell apart quickly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

long_b wrote: »

The postmobile 3G only would be faster than that. Having said that, those speeds would be fine for most.

I'm on eir regular prepay and you'll get 5-7Mb on 3G in most locations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I'm with 48, I don't even get 4G so this is fine for me (I also have dual SIM and Vodafone as my second SIM)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Cameron326 wrote: »
    Thanks, but that makes it sounds like they will increase prices after, say, 3-6 months after they've got us all on board. Did sound too good to be true...

No , they state it’s 9.99 for life.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

ted1 wrote: »
    No , they state it’s 9.99 for life.

They come and kill you in 1 month >>> €9.99 for life.

Suckit wrote: »
    It may be, but they didn't ask me for my passport or ID when signing up. Nor did I give it to them.

I don't use social media nor do I sign into Google on any device. I have mostly degoogled my phone. It's not perfect, but helps.
    With all of the EU laws to stop data sharing and help us stay private, no way am I going to start paying a company while they do it.
    I didn't mean to start a debate or derail the thread.

I'll step out now. Apologies to the OP and thanks for sharing. I'll keep an eye out for the next offer.

Most people aren’t paranoid like you and don’t care if they have to give ID. I’ve always had to give ID when signing up for bill pay services so I’d question your comment on saying you didn’t. Id be more surprised if I wasn’t asked for I’d as it’s a pretty normal and acceptable thing to be asked for and I (along with the vast majority of people) have no issue providing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Does it do direct debit

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

elnoelio wrote: »
    "It said its estimated maximum speed for 4G downloads is 10Mb/s."

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/1015/1083506-gomo-mobile-network/

Which is exactly the same as eir.

https://www.eir.ie/ourmobilenetwork/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,740 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Does it do direct debit

More specifically does it Direct Debit via non Irish but EU IBAN?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

Does it do direct debit

banie01 wrote: »
    More specifically does it Direct Debit via non Irish but EU IBAN?

Doesn't do direct debit using iban but recurring monthly charge to the credit/debit card you sign up with

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Turbohymac

Wouldn't touch it if they offered it for free..any product related to Eir....EIRCOM. wont work too well..
    As there a defunked. Organisation..
    People complaining all the time that they can't even get onto eirs customer service..let alone anything more technical

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

What the f?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

And Three:

https://www.three.ie/legal/terms/mobile-network-speeds/

These are just regulatory commitments that they are legally required to publish.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,740 ✭✭✭✭banie01

irishchris wrote: »
    Doesn't do direct debit using iban but recurring monthly charge to the credit/debit card you sign up with

Thanks Chris!
    Nice to see you still active btw ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,073 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think they are mixing up Mbs and MBs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

lol

Put the tinfoil down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Switch over completed. Using Eir at the moment so if its the same network for less I can live with that. As it's a rolling contract, its no hassle to switch at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Thanks OP
    Signed up, was on eir prepay 20 a month so this is a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭skinny90

signed up there using my revolut. been an eir/meteor customer for nearly a decade. checked for an upgrade and any device I want is 450+ upfront and on 40 euro+ a month.

make sense to try this out and just buy the device

Turbohymac wrote: »
    Wouldn't touch it if they offered it for free..any product related to Eir....EIRCOM. wont work too well..
    As there a defunked. Organisation..
    People complaining all the time that they can't even get onto eirs customer service..let alone anything more technical

I’ve been with eir for years, since back when it was eMobile and have had zero issue and paid far less than I would have with any of the other operators over that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I've signed up... Can't see any negatives... I can make international & roaming calls via WhatsApp anyway.

Is it correct that data is throttled at 10mb/sec, or is that only if you exceed 80gb?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

elnoelio wrote: »
    "It said its estimated maximum speed for 4G downloads is 10Mb/s."

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/1015/1083506-gomo-mobile-network/

I came here to send this big warning sign for me and I'll be steering clear. Throttling of speed is how they are doing this for 9.99 thanks but no thanks. If it wasn't for the throttling I'd be all over this. You know what they say about deals appearing to be too good.

OK just read the links to max 4g speed three (which I'm currently on) but it doesn't make sense I get more than 10mb on 4g?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

What's the deal with having to give your Passport number or PPS number?

Are you sure that they are asking for a PPS number ? This is illegal.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I've signed up... Can't see any negatives... I can make international & roaming calls via WhatsApp anyway.

Is it correct that data is throttled at 10mb/sec, or is that only if you exceed 80gb?

No, it's a new regulatory requirement from ComReg. For 4G services they have to advertise the speed as up to 10Mbps even if you can get more.

Hibernicis wrote: »
    Are you sure that they are asking for a PPS number ? This is illegal.

It's one of the options you have. Others include Driving Licence number, Passport number, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Bluefoam wrote: »

Apparently all the operators (including Eir itself) have this stated on their websites.

Real world is different and sure we'll all found out soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement