Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Sussex18

If I go to them from Eir do I have to let Eir know? Would cancelling my direct debit to them be sufficient? I'm on rolling bill pay. Not sure where my documents are. Thanks, S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭djan

Is anybody else having dificulty in receiving the verification text for starting the process? Tried yesterday too and still no sign of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Because they're giving people the option, it doesn't mean you will have the card...

Seriously you had someone wait in for a sim card.

When you get the physical SIM is when you can port it's an automated service so the options went live as there are ones that did receive quickly.

It's slowing a bit now as so many have joined and are still joining.

Can you order the physical SIM without giving the details of the account to be ported, and then choose to port once you've got the SIM and tested the coverage?

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

go4it wrote: »

...gomo is for parents who were concerned that kids could produce a 'surprise' invoice on their phones.
    This has had several mentions and could well be a godsend for parents.
    My first thought was that it gives the kids many more opportunities to click/tap on chargeable features.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

cormie wrote: »
    Hey folks, been following this thread from the start, haven't read everything but glanced over and didn't see the following mentioned:

When I get calls now, the number comes up as +35308X as opposed to +3538X for example, when it's a missed call and you go to return the call, it tells me I seem to have mis dialed the number :(

How are other folks receiving calls?

Just checked that issue with both of my sons phones, neither are having the same issue as you, both of theirs are the normal +3538*******

• Advertisement

Can you order the physical SIM without giving the details of the account to be ported, and then choose to port once you've got the SIM and tested the coverage?

I would assume you could, if you are worried, just select a port date as far ahead as you can, that way when sim arrives you can use away on the 085 number, if you are happy then, move forward the port date in your myGOMO acc and if not, then just cancel your account.

Sussex18 wrote: »
    If I go to them from Eir do I have to let Eir know? Would cancelling my direct debit to them be sufficient? I'm on rolling bill pay. Not sure where my documents are. Thanks, S

You will need your Eir account number to move your number to GoMo if you intend porting, once the port goes through then your account with Eir will automatically cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Think there is still a couple months left in my current contract but if I got the sim could I just port my number in a few months or do you have to port number on signup?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I would assume you could, if you are worried, just select a port date as far ahead as you can, that way when sim arrives you can use away on the 085 number, if you are happy then, move forward the port date in your myGOMO acc and if not, then just cancel your account.
    Good workaround thanks.

Drumpot wrote: »
    Think there is still a couple months left in my current contract but if I got the sim could I just port my number in a few months or do you have to port number on signup?

But you’d then be paying for two accounts, hold fire for the moment and see how things pan out, from reading through this thread, they’ll be quite a few leaving as quick as they’ve joined up so the 100,000 figure will be around for a good while yet. I also reckon that they’ll be another advertising campaign when they reach 50k saying only 50k left etc....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I signed up last Thursday evening, but haven't been charged the activation fee yet.

Just a €0 transaction on my revolut.
    No email confirmation either.

Hoping my SIM arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I signed up last Thursday evening, but haven't been charged the activation fee yet.

Just a €0 transaction on my revolut.
    No email confirmation either.

Hoping my SIM arrives.

Signed up myself, paid the tenner, and today received notice of new number, puk and pin codes etc.
    However the sim hasn't arrived yet. Hopefully Monday.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Signed up myself, paid the tenner, and today received notice of new number, puk and pin codes etc.
    However the sim hasn't arrived yet. Hopefully Monday.

When did you sign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

Does anyone know if it supports Wifi Calling ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭leche solara

Received the sim yesterday. Went in and scheduled port for 3 today. Logged at 13:25 today and changed port time to 13:30. At 13:30 my status changed to port in progress and 20 minutes later it was done. Everything worked perfectly straight away, but no voicemail. Telling me I've entered an incorrect phone number. Up and down speeds much the same as what I had with VM. Ping faster though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Heighway61

beet_root wrote: »
    Just checked and Eir don't support 4G on Moto g6, any idea why? Presume GoMo are the same?
    FFS, just bought a G7. Hope there's no problem with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

When did you sign up?

Wednesday around 11.00 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭bromley52

gearoidol wrote: »
    Should do as long as your phone has the eir/meteor firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭bromley52

Heighway61 wrote: »
    FFS, just bought a G7. Hope there's no problem with that.

No supported usually means it hasn't been tested on their network. It should still work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

bromley52 wrote: »
    Should do as long as your phone has the eir/meteor firmware.

Thought they said no WiFi calling?

I'm on prepay Eir and I don't have it, even though my phone is capable of it...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

gearoidol wrote: »

GoMo themselves have confirmed it is not supported.

My young lads iPhone XR has WiFi calling on it and when he selects it with his GoMo sim in it, he gets this message

31-A08-F01-1-FEB-4-E2-D-8-ACD-86455234-DC43.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

You will need your Eir account number to move your number to GoMo if you intend porting, once the port goes through then your account with Eir will automatically cancel.

You can sign up without porting and no account details needed. Then when the SIM arrives and you are happy to port you log in to the website and select move my number. No need to commit to porting from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭danny004

If you have an eir locked out of contract phone can it be used without having to go to the hasstle of getting your phone unlocked from Eir network

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭softdancomputer

phelant wrote: »
    Have 2 sims under my current provider three3. One is mine other is daughters who is a minor. I want to port both over and keep both original numbers.

Not sure what is the right way to do this as I only seem to have the option to keep one number if I buy 2 sims. Possibly 2 separate transactions. Anyone else done this?

You can port two numbers under the same account

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Rural Galway indoors. I'm happy with this:

8687982498.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,995 ✭✭✭opus

I'm i bit concerned as seem to have no data coverage on the north side of Cork city this evening. Was working fine earlier on. Is this typical of the Eir network?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

opus wrote: »
    I'm i bit concerned as seem to have no data coverage on the north side of Cork city this evening. Was working fine earlier on. Is this typical of the Eir network?

https://downdetector.ie/status/eircom/

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

What happened that they got rid of Meteor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

They didn't, they just rebranded it to Eir ages back, and now Eir have launched an MVNO on their own network.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement