Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

fmul9798 wrote: »
    They didn't, they just rebranded it to Eir ages back, and now Eir have launched an MVNO on their own network.

Did Eir and Meteor not operate seperately for a while?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

danny004 wrote: »
    If you have an eir locked out of contract phone can it be used without having to go to the hasstle of getting your phone unlocked from Eir network

Seemly yes. But better to get the unlock now while an Eir customer instead of trying for it later when not.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

zeebre12 wrote: »
    What happened that they got rid of Meteor?

Ehh time happened...
    Meteor rebranded as Eir in 2017

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

There were just FIVE ads for GoMo in one adbreak on Virgin One!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭Jeff2

ChewyLouie wrote: »

I heard one on radio when in the shop earlier.

I was only in there for 2 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

ChewyLouie wrote: »

And my wife nearly threw her phone through the TV, those ads are never off the telly now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

zeebre12 wrote: »
    Did Eir and Meteor not operate seperately for a while?
    They did. Eir decided that Meteor was more Youth orientated, so they introduced Eir to aim for the over 25's.....usually by just charging more (presumably this was their tactic to poach Vodafone customers ;)).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Even stranger was that eir was the MVNO on meteors network and then eir just closed down meteor and we all became proper eir customers.
    You used to have same products on meteor and e-mobile for very different prices and they are now doing the same thing. It's not an MVNO, it's just cute rebranding.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

Aquos76 wrote: »
    You will need your Eir account number to move your number to GoMo if you intend porting, once the port goes through then your account with Eir will automatically cancel.

Hi, when are you asked for your Eir account number? I have requested to port but it hasn’t happened, over 24 hours now. I’m an Eir Mobile customer on 30 day contract.....TIA

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Samjd wrote: »
    Hi, when are you asked for your Eir account number? I have requested to port but it hasn’t happened, over 24 hours now. I’m an Eir Mobile customer on 30 day contract.....TIA

During sign up when you selected you wanted to move your number it would have asked you whether you were post pay or prepay, being on a sim only deal you should have selected post pay and it would have then asked you for your eir account number. It would have also asked you to confirm the number you wanted to port and they would have sent you an activation code also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Sussex18

Is there any chance that a relatively new phone, rolling bill pay could be locked on the eir network? Bought in Eir shop.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Sussex18 wrote: »
    Is there any chance that a relatively new phone, rolling bill pay could be locked on the eir network? Bought in Eir shop.
    Thanks

Yes, most likely. What phone is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Speed is pretty good, 45Mbps in my area:

https://bonkers.speedtestcustom.com/result/f1d76c00-f2ff-11e9-90f9-675dd7891d33

Haven't ported over yet, have both sims in the phone, I'm shocked by how fast 4G+ is on 3 tbh, it's faster than my broadband.

https://bonkers.speedtestcustom.com/result/7cbcc8c0-f2ff-11e9-a716-dbf4f7ce75b6

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Adrian Weckler reports in the Sunday Independent about GoMo.

GoMo already well on their way to hitting 100,000 figure ...
    Eir says that the €10 monthly tariff "is for life". But only for the first 100,000 customers.

My understanding is that a few days into the new product, they're well on their way to hitting this figure.

Adrian Weckler, who is a well informed tech writer, clearly believes, from the article, that the 100,000 cap with this offer is real.

Might be worth acting very fast with this offer.

JTMan wrote: »
    Adrian Weckler reports in the Sunday Independent about GoMo.

GoMo already well on their way to hitting 100,000 figure ...

Adrian Weckler, who is a well informed tech writer, clearly believes, from the article, that the 100,000 cap with this offer is real.

Might be worth acting very fast with this offer.

They're probably only around 20% in reality. Based on the info Aquos76 posted yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    They're probably only around 20% in reality. Based on the info Aquos76 posted yesterday.

Doubt it. Everyone I know and their parents signed up for it.

It's a very compelling deal. There's no way it's only at 20000 subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭bromley52

All in our family have ordered one. I even ordered one for my child who probably won't get a mobile for about a year. It will save me a fortune in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,151 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Steady up there this is linked to your bank account, I wouldn't be rushing to give it to kids because you can go way over €9.99pm
    Something like the 48 offer for €10 could be safer as your in control of how much it costs per month. You've no control with this.

Can't argue with these speeds for a tenner.

8689196716.png

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

How long would this porting normally take.
    I know it says upto 24 hrs but in reality?

• Advertisement

inforfun wrote: »

If you select a time inside of porting hours then anywhere from 20 minutes to 4 hours for most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Steady up there this is linked to your bank account, I wouldn't be rushing to give it to kids because you can go way over €9.99pm
    Something like the 48 offer for €10 could be safer as your in control of how much it costs per month. You've no control with this.

Maximum Cap set at €30.

I have received a text about insufficient credit on my account?
    We have an out of bundle cap of €30. This means you can spend up to €30 on charges that are not included in your plan. bundle. This includes Premium Rate Services such as 1890/1850 numbers, any non-standard text messages, roaming over the EU cap, roaming outside the EU and international calls and texts. We have this limit to protect our customers. If you receive a text about not being able to send a text or receive one this is why. You will not be able to incur any more out of bundle charges until after your next billing date.

Has anyone asked them how we will see our usage? For instance if we are calling numbers not covered in the bundle and we want to see how much we have spent before the bill arrives? Seems like a reasonably important feature to be missing on a bill pay account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭This is it

Mine was complete about 5 minutes after the scheduled time, same with someone I work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭bromley52

Don't worry. It won't be a smart phone and will only have FDNs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭BowWow

I've ported 2. First took less than 15 mins. Second was 7 minutes.

bromley52 wrote: »
    Don't worry. It won't be a smart phone and will only have FDNs.

You don't need a smart phone to get a large bill, I see they have the bills capped at €30 above so your safe enough.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

This is it wrote: »
    Mine was complete about 5 minutes after the scheduled time, same with someone I work with.
    BowWow wrote: »
    I've ported 2. First took less than 15 mins. Second was 7 minutes.

2 hours and counting.... :(

d19b1029b360a721a65d1e496efaf5f9.png

Nothing i have to do, right?
    Except for showing some patience which i really am not well known for...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Decoda wrote: »
    Maximum Cap set at €30.

I have received a text about insufficient credit on my account?
    We have an out of bundle cap of €30. This means you can spend up to €30 on charges that are not included in your plan. bundle. This includes Premium Rate Services such as 1890/1850 numbers, any non-standard text messages, roaming over the EU cap, roaming outside the EU and international calls and texts. We have this limit to protect our customers. If you receive a text about not being able to send a text or receive one this is why. You will not be able to incur any more out of bundle charges until after your next billing date.
    €30 is OK, but it would be even better if you could block premium rate services completely to avoid scams like these; https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=111440273

• Advertisement

For a number to be fully ported in 7 minutes seems unbelievable. I'd be checking can every network call and text you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement