Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

€30 is OK, but it would be even better if you could block premium rate services completely to avoid scams like these; https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=111440273

From a read of that post they had two changes to get out and close the web page and they didn’t.

GoMo can’t protect you from user error.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Anyone else having trouble ordering? Been trying for the last couple of days and keeping getting this message after my order is processed.

493367.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭bromley52

€30 is OK, but it would be even better if you could block premium rate services completely to avoid scams like these; https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=111440273

Eir can block premium calls and texts so hopefully gomo can do the same. 1850, 1890, 0818, and 076 will be included in any bundled min after Dec 1st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭world class wreckin’ cru

For a number to be fully ported in 7 minutes seems unbelievable. I'd be checking can every network call and text you.

Not at all. It’s a series of short xml messages sent and responded to. Something like less than 15 or 16 in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Lads, I received my Sim a couple of days ago. So far it won't connect to Gomo. I asked for a port date of 26/10 when ordering. Could this be the issue ?
    Has anybody else managed to get a Gomo Sim to work with the Gomo Number provided prior to porting ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Lads, I received my Sim a couple of days ago. So far it won't connect to Gomo. I asked for a port date of 26/10 when ordering. Could this be the issue ?
    Has anybody else managed to get a Gomo Sim to work with the Gomo Number provided prior to porting ?

No.

And why would you think it would work prior to the migration date....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Because any other time I have moved networks the Sim worked (with the number it came with) and then after porting continued working, just with the new number.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Because any other time I have moved networks the Sim worked (with the number it came with) and then after porting continued working, just with the new number.

I'd agree, it should work even if not ported as service should be working on the new number until port.
    I'd say 20k sounds about right but keep in mind the 1st week rush is now over so it will creep up slowly after this. I still don't see 100k happening by say end Nov. Plus you have people comparing eir coverage to rivals. It appears that you should get exactly what eir was offering in terms of signal and speed but its a personal matter for everyone to judge how it fairs against VF.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 coolcreen

coolcreen wrote: »
    I wish to buy a sim with a new number from GOMO and retain my present Vodafone number should the coverage with GOMO be unsatisfactory. We live in a mountainous area where coverage is poor.
    Does anyone know if it is possible to port over a GOMO sim to my present Vodafone number after making a purchase of a GOMO sim with a new number? ........difficult question

Thank you Ten Pin and Sir Dosser and others for your suggestions, and yes, my question was probably asked already as Sir Dosser suggested. I went through about 30 of 100 pages without finding any reference to it and thought that my question was unique. Apologies to all.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    2 hours and counting.... :(

Nothing i have to do, right?
    Except for showing some patience which i really am not well known for...

Done.

Speedtest has 6 down, 4 up.

Thing is, i have neighbours that have to go outside to make a call most times so not the best location i imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

bromley52 wrote: »
    Eir can block premium calls and texts so hopefully gomo can do the same.
    Good news, particularly for accounts for kids

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Good news, particularly for accounts for kids

Legally they have to provide a block.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Boradriver

Just asked an agent, it is possible to block premium calls & texts on GoMo in the same way as an eir account.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

That's good news. I like the max 30 account so no massively nasty surprise.

Boradriver wrote: »
    Just asked an agent, it is possible to block premium calls & texts on GoMo in the same way as an eir account.

Method:

How to Opt out of Premium rate SMS
    Customers can now opt of being able to send premium SMS, for example, to the Late Late Show Competition.

Mobile Customers can opt out by following the below steps:

Texting: PRSMSBAR to 50104

The above bar applies to shortcodes in the ranges 51XXX and 53XXX and applies to messages sent and received.

It can take up to 24 hours for this change to occur.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Anyone else having trouble ordering? Been trying for the last couple of days and keeping getting this message after my order is processed.

493367.jpg

Ordered this morning no problem. Confirmation email and text received and registered on GoMo.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Legally they have to provide a block.
    Really? They keep that quiet. I've been fighting with Virgin Mobile on this and they never mentioned it. There are a few threads here where others have had similar battles with other providers with similar concerns.

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Method:

How to Opt out of Premium rate SMS
    Customers can now opt of being able to send premium SMS, for example, to the Late Late Show Competition.

Mobile Customers can opt out by following the below steps:

Texting: PRSMSBAR to 50104

The above bar applies to shortcodes in the ranges 51XXX and 53XXX and applies to messages sent and received.

It can take up to 24 hours for this change to occur.
    Does this work for all networks or just Eir/GoMo?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭extremehalo

Paulzx wrote: »
    Ordered this morning no problem. Confirmation email and text received and registered on GoMo.ie.

I was having the same issue last night using revolut but no problem with BOI account

493367.jpg

You're using a prepaid card, like Revolut possibly. I tried with Revolut twice and had to use a standard card in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

I was having the same issue last night using revolut but no problem with BOI account

Seems that Revolut visa cards are supported but not Revolut MasterCards.

• Advertisement

JTMan wrote: »
    Seems that Revolut visa cards are supported but not Revolut MasterCards.

My Revolut visa wouldn't work to order it. Paid the initial €9.99 with another card, then verified my email once paid. Logged into MyGoMo & added my Revolut visa. Set that as the default card & then deleted the card I had used to order the SIM :)

Boradriver wrote: »
    You're using a prepaid card, like Revolut possibly. I tried with Revolut twice and had to use a standard card in the end.

Yeah I was using Revolut, tried other cards and still get the same message.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Gooser14

I was getting this on my PC but managed to sign up using a tablet without a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Oige1981

I ordered two sims and one order number for both. First sim arrived on Wednesday still waiting for the other one - popped it into my phone and nothing - chat agent said wait an hour - then went on chat again saying it should work - got a bit annoyed the 3rd time as the follow the usual questions before even getting to answer your Qs ie DOB - Order No - Puk Code - Pin code all three asked “Are you porting your number” I asked have you not seen my account? Does it say I am? The answer is no because I want to test it first - I then asked the agent to speak to management to which they said the SIM card may be faulty hence it’s not working or registering - they are sending replacement but I should have the second sim tomorrow (Monday) so far haven’t been able to test it or use it - but I will say Chat service to try sort issues is a nightmare. It’s aimed at a younger generation as any older person who does not use a computer would not be able to sort out issues via chat. I wonder will they change this in the future but it is very annoying to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

listermint wrote: »
    Doubt it. Everyone I know and their parents signed up for it.

It's a very compelling deal. There's no way it's only at 20000 subs.

According to an Eir contact they hit 20,000 on Thursday

Really? They keep that quiet. I've been fighting with Virgin Mobile on this and they never mentioned it. There are a few threads here where others have had similar battles with other providers with similar concerns.

All networks have to provide it, each one will have its own way of doing it. Although GoMo told someone else they could do it in the same way as Eir I'm not so sure because when I text that number I didn't receive a reply. I'm not sure if you receive a reply on eir but I imagine you would to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

493383.png
    Virgin have these feature in their admin screen when you log in to your account

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭seanbirkhead

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I switched from Eir to Three pay as you go about 5 months ago. Big Mistake. Three's signal is so bad I want to move again, think I might give GoMo a try.

• Advertisement

Gooser14 wrote: »
    I was getting this on my PC but managed to sign up using a tablet without a problem.

I finally managed to get the order through, be here within 5 days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement