Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I'll give it a go but won't port over my number until I'm happy with it. I tried using Revolut to pay but it was declined a few times. I used my Curve card instead which charged my Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I'll give it a go but won't port over my number until I'm happy with it. I tried using Revolut to pay but it was declined a few times. I used my Curve card instead which charged my Revolut.

Some people are having problems adding their revolut MasterCard. One way around it is to create a virtual visa debit card in revolut and use that. Must not be all revolut MasterCards though as mine added fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 NateDogsCats

Have to say this is very tempting. I'm with Virgin Media rolling contract €25pm everything unlimited but the most data I've ever used in a month was about 25 gigs (and that was last month) so I'd be well covered. I'm in an area where coverage is OK but not great and I'm probably on H the majority of the day, according to the Eir coverage map it's a lot better where I am for 4G.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

ted1 wrote: »
    Virgin have these feature in their admin screen when you log in to your account
    Thanks, but these are display-only fields for me, separate and below the fields that can be changed.

493385.jpg

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Some people are having problems adding their revolut MasterCard. One way around it is to create a virtual visa debit card in revolut and use that. Must not be all revolut MasterCards though as mine added fine.

I have a virtual one but didn't try it as I thought it would be declined as well.

• Advertisement

I have a virtual one but didn't try it as I thought it would be declined as well.

You can always try to add it as a second card and make it the default if it's accepted.

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    You can always try to add it as a second card and make it the default if it's accepted.

Thanks, think I will just in case on renewal day I have my normal debit/credit card selected on Curve ans I get charged again if I'm not happy with the service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

For a number to be fully ported in 7 minutes seems unbelievable. I'd be checking can every network call and text you.

??
    mine happened within a minute

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DOSLUFC 92

Has anyone been able to complete the registration with an N26 mastercard ? according to the online chat only irish accounts are supported

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

DOSLUFC 92 wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to complete the registration with an N26 mastercard ? according to the online chat only irish accounts are supported

Yep, I did no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 DOSLUFC 92

keeps getting rejected by gomo after accepting the charge in the n26 app

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    ??
    mine happened within a minute

Same here.

Getting 18Mbps Down and 14Mbps Up in West Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Any news on whether an app is being developed similar to my eir, my vodafone etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Moved mine there fairly painlessly. Scheduled for 1 today and seem to be ready 5 minutes later. Put the new sim in and entered sim pin and away I went.

Two small issues:

Voicemail isn’t working. I know others have said they had problems with this. Is there a fix for this or does it fix itself? When I dial 171 it prompts me to enter my and and hash or just hash, after that it says number isn’t recognised.

I also powered down the phone after the port had gone through and I had the voicemail problem. When it booted back up it asked me again for the sim pin saying that it was locked, despite being unlocked a few minutes earlier. Surely this isn’t normal? It may sort itself out and it’s not a big deal tbh.

adox wrote: »
    Moved mine there fairly painlessly. Scheduled for 1 today and seem to be ready 5 minutes later. Put the new sim in and entered sim pin and away I went.

Two small issues:

Voicemail isn’t working. I know others have said they had problems with this. Is there a fix for this or does it fix itself? When I dial 171 it prompts me to enter my and and hash or just hash, after that it says number isn’t recognised.

I also powered down the phone after the port had gone through and I had the voicemail problem. When it booted back up it asked me again for the sim pin saying that it was locked, despite being unlocked a few minutes earlier. Surely this isn’t normal? It may sort itself out and it’s not a big deal tbh.

The SIM pin will come up every time you restart the phone unless you turn off the pin in settings.

Does anyone know can you get around the €30 cap if you need it?

Sometimes I have to make a good few international calls, and couldn't go without service for 2 days, let alone longer!

If I get that notice, can I just pay them the 30, and it'll be reset, or will it Wait for that billing cycle to end?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Sir Dosser wrote:
    The SIM pin will come up every time you restart the phone unless you turn off the pin in settings.

Can you change the pin to one of your own choice?

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Can you change the pin to one of your own choice?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I'm currently with Virgin and I have two numbers paying €25 a month for each. I'm a bit confused. Am I Prepay registered, Postpay multiline or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,560 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Ever since getting a phone with a finger print sensor I’ve turned off sim pin. It’s useless and hinders your phone from making a data connection so if it’s found and battery dies and someone powers it back on you’ve no way of it sending back it’s signal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭bromley52

Sometimes I have to make a good few international calls, and couldn't go without service for 2 days, let alone longer!

If I get that notice, can I just pay them the 30, and it'll be reset, or will it Wait for that billing cycle to end?

Answer here

jakdublin wrote: »
    I'm currently with Virgin and I have two numbers paying €25 a month for each. I'm a bit confused. Am I Prepay registered, Postpay multiline or what?

Postpay multiline i would imagine if you have more than one number with VM and get charged on your bill for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

Gomo change over me mad.
    My wife and I ordered 2 sims each.
    My wife received both cards and ported numbers, both are working for calls but no mobile data access at all.
    I only received one sim and it wont activate at all.
    It took support 3 days to respond to the message about the missing sim, and still waiting for a reply about the one that wont activate.

Can anyone help me out with the data issue? thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

Is anyone still waiting for their number to port? I scheduled the port 5pm Friday from VM. My own sim died Saturday morning so I put the Go Mo sim in and didn't realise until I made a few calls my own number wasn't showing.

I am waiting 30 hours now and no one can contact me on my own number. Go Mo say it's because it's the weekend but I have ported before many times and they always went through over weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

From all on this thread, I am thinking the best thing for people to do is
    a) order a card with no port
    b) make sure it all works properly
    c) set port date and avoid weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

TheDriver wrote: »
    From all on this thread, I am thinking the best thing for people to do is
    a) order a card with no port
    b) make sure it all works properly
    c) set port date and avoid weekends.

i would see if its possible to do the port through online chat as that seems to be the only way to have access to any support

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭pat1981

willah wrote: »
    Is anyone still waiting for their number to port? I scheduled the port 5pm Friday from VM. My own sim died Saturday morning so I put the Go Mo sim in and didn't realise until I made a few calls my own number wasn't showing.

I am waiting 30 hours now and no one can contact me on my own number. Go Mo say it's because it's the weekend but I have ported before many times and they always went through over weekends.

Ordered 2 sims from gomo on tuesday and to port both numbers from virgin 5pm friday.
    One sim arrived thursday and waiting for second to arrive. The porting process has not completed yet and my vm sim is still active.
    My gomo account is showing order in progress and no phone number available.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

If you're making a lot of international calls this really isn't the plan for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭bromley52

TPM wrote: »
    Gomo change over me mad.
    My wife and I ordered 2 sims each.
    My wife received both cards and ported numbers, both are working for calls but no mobile data access at all.
    I only received one sim and it wont activate at all.
    It took support 3 days to respond to the message about the missing sim, and still waiting for a reply about the one that wont activate.

Can anyone help me out with the data issue? thanks in advance

My APN with eir is data.myeirmobile.ie.
    MCC 272
    MNC 3
    Aut type PAP
    APN type default,dun,supl,hipri,email

You could try these settings.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

According to Virgin I need to give 30 day notice to cancel my 25 euro a month postpay contract. Is this in fact the case or does it automatically cancel once I port my number to GoMo??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement