Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

According to Virgin I need to give 30 day notice to cancel my 25 euro a month postpay contract. Is this in fact the case or does it automatically cancel once I port my number to GoMo??

afaik, the service will cease once you port but you will need to pay the balance owed to your contract release date

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I assume that even though this is still technically Eir that I'll have to clear my prepay balance before porting or else lose it?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

According to Virgin I need to give 30 day notice to cancel my 25 euro a month postpay contract. Is this in fact the case or does it automatically cancel once I port my number to GoMo??

Once the port goes through it should cancel your virgin account, but you may be charged for the notice period.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

I assume that even though this is still technically Eir that I'll have to clear my prepay balance before porting or else lose it?
    That's right

yes you will

it is on the eir network just like anpost mobile, tesco mobile, 48 etc are on the 3 network,
    they are separate so nothing carries over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Any news on whether an app is being developed similar to my eir, my vodafone etc?
    That's a good question. It's unusual for an operator not to have an app.

jrmb wrote: »
    That's a good question. It's unusual for an operator not to have an app.

this appears to be a low cost set up, providing low cost package with minimal expenditure so an app may be some time away if ever

It depends on the time of the year. Sep/Oct I would, but the other months would be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

My phone is locked to Eir, any idea if a GoMo sim will work in the phone? Maybe, since there's some relationship between Eir & GoMo?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

TPM wrote: »
    this appears to be a low cost set up, providing low cost package with minimal expenditure so an app may be some time away if ever

I dont think an app is really needed, if it's 10 euros per month for all calls/texts and 80gigs of data per month, no tops ups either. Very few people would go over this limit on their phone unless they are making international calls. People who make regular international calls probably should stay well away from this plan anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

kelbal wrote: »
    My phone is locked to Eir, any idea if a GoMo sim will work in the phone? Maybe, since there's some relationship between Eir & GoMo?

I’ve just checked that for you there now, I’ve an old iPhone 5s locked to Eir and can confirm a GoMo sim does work in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Are landlines included in the free calls bundle?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Gonzo wrote: »
    I dont think an app is really needed, if it's 10 euros per month for all calls/texts and 80gigs of data per month, no tops ups either. Very few people would go over this limit on their phone unless they are making international calls. People who make regular international calls probably should stay well away from this plan anyway.

i agree there, and im happy enough with a no frills operation at the price they are offering, and to be honest once initial change over/set up is complete, there shouldnt really be much need for customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I set my port time for 3pm today, was done two minutes after that. No problems so far.

Edit: Voicemail is not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Inviere

What size SIM is actually arriving? Mini, Micro?

Inviere wrote: »
    What size SIM is actually arriving? Mini, Micro?

You can break it to whatever size you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

If you check the Virgin forum, you'll find posts from Virgin stating that you can port your number to other networks at any time, and they will credit you for any period that you've paid in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Are landlines included in the free calls bundle?

Yes this has been stated.

All calls to Irish mobiles and landlines, texts and 80gb data.

Calls to premium numbers and international numbers cost more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Some of the questions on here are ridiculous to be honest. Order your sim. Port when it arrives. Change the port date/time if you need to on the gomo site.
    WiFi calling isn’t enabled.

There really isn’t anymore to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭seanbirkhead

DOSLUFC 92 wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to complete the registration with an N26 mastercard ? according to the online chat only irish accounts are supported

Complete crap by the online chat. I used a Revolut Virtual Visa. Not only is this still a UK account but it is also technically still a Prepaid Debit card.
    On top of that, under European legislation, you are entitled to operate within any European country using a bank account and therefore debit card issued by any other EU country bank. I got that sort of crap from Three when I wanted to use my IBAN from my N26 account for the direct debit. Eventually they capitulated when I told them I would be reporting them for breaking EU law and then seeing them in court if they cut me off because they would not accept an EU IBAN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Some of the questions on here are ridiculous to be honest. Order your sim. Port when it arrives. Change the port date/time if you need to on the gomo site.
    WiFi calling isn’t enabled.

There really isn’t anymore to it...

Plus its eir, eir reception, eir 4G. Exact same. If you have great eir reception, you'll have great gomo reception. Bad eir reception, you know the answer

I have the WiFi calling option on my phone now since I put in the GoMo SIM, it was never there before with 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

EGriff wrote: »
    I have the WiFi calling option on my phone now since I put in the GoMo SIM, it was never there before with 3.

What phone is it? I had wifi calling on eir but since the switch to GoMo I haven't had wifi calling. They say they don't support it so I'd be surprised if it does work. You are hardly near the border?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

What are the benefits to Wi-Fi calling? I’ve had it for some time but have never paid attention to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

Just curious, I have my sim but haven’t ported yet but can anyone who’s ported confirm that those security confirmation texts work ok? The likes of PTSB, Avantcard, WhatsApp?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

Simon201 wrote: »
    Just curious, I have my sim but haven’t ported yet but can anyone who’s ported confirm that those security confirmation texts work ok? The likes of PTSB, Avantcard, WhatsApp?

Well, the AIB authentication works OK.

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    What phone is it? I had wifi calling on eir but since the switch to GoMo I haven't had wifi calling. They say they don't support it so I'd be surprised if it does work. You are hardly near the border?

S10e, I'm in Co Cork. I only noticed the added feature because the notification bar opened automatically and it showed me the icon being added.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Sussex18

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Yes, most likely. What phone is it?
    It's Huawei, new actually, cost e120m

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Were you able to switch it on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I set my port time for 3pm today, was done two minutes after that. No problems so far.

Edit: Voicemail is not working.

Seems to be a common problem. Happened to me earlier when porting. Will see if it resolves itself as I haven’t seen anyone post a solution on here yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement