Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭bromley52

EGriff wrote: »
    I have the WiFi calling option on my phone now since I put in the GoMo SIM, it was never there before with 3.

The WiFi calling option is there because your phone and the eir network support it but it will only activate for selected plans. Unfortunately it appears that the GoMo SIM is not a supported plan.
    I wouldn't worry about it anyway as the call quality with it has become very poor over the last month and if you move out of WiFi range the call disconnects.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Has anyone been able to get iMessage activated yet? I seen the previous posts from people having issues with it, just wondering has it fixed itself by waiting for the activation?
    (I’m waiting for my sim, and iMessage is important for me)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Were you able to switch it on?

Yeah I switched it on and made a call but I have good reception in the house so I don't know if it did anything.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

EGriff wrote: »
    Yeah I switched it on and made a call but I have good reception in the house so I don't know if it did anything.

Ah ok, when we tried in on my son’s phone, he got a message saying contact eir.
    dave oc wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to get iMessage activated yet? I seen the previous posts from people having issues with it, just wondering has it fixed itself by waiting for the activation?
    (I’m waiting for my sim, and iMessage is important for me)

Yes, iMessage is working fine

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Ah ok, when we tried in on my son’s phone, he got a message saying contact eir.

Yes, iMessage is working fine

Is your voicemail working?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

Why didn't ID advertise the very good offer they had like GoMo are with 5 ads in one ad break? With ID you had to go and seek the offer yourself. They would have probably lasted if they bothered to promote their offer.
    Will this offer from GoMo not affect Eir Mobile badly?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

Anyone else having an issue trying to port? Ive tried several times, each time i have gotten a text message at the time i selected to port stating "Oh no! we tried to move your number to our network but there is already a move in progress for this number"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Ordered my sim and it arrived before the weekend.

Less than impressed so far.

Online chat Friday didnt seem to know why i couldnt port over immediately, reply i got was 'you might have to wait until after the weekend'

I managed to port online this morning.

I can use data but im barred from making calls and texts

Im getting this message by text-
    'You've reached your account credit limit, you won't be able to go out of bundle until after your next billing date. To speak to our chat team or view our faqs go to www.GoMo.ie. That's it!'

Does this look like theyre going to try and charge me €30 for reaching thw account limit. Despite not being able to make any calls or texts all day?

If this isnt resolved early tomorrow, I'll be porting back to my old network. :O

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

Ported over on Friday from Vodafone and.now have only download speeds of 3 to 10mbs compared to average of 60 + on Vodafone. And that's 4g !! Messaged them.3 times in past 48 hrs to check this and apn settings and no response or help . Also voicemail issues! What are apn settings, eir or meteor are options on phone. Tried both with no differences in 4g speeds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Simon201 wrote: »
    Just curious, I have my sim but haven’t ported yet but can anyone who’s ported confirm that those security confirmation texts work ok? The likes of PTSB, Avantcard, WhatsApp?

PTSB
    AnPost Banking

texts working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭ted1

shineon23 wrote: »
    Ordered my sim and it arrived before the weekend.

Less than impressed so far.

Online chat Friday didnt seem to know why i couldnt port over immediately, reply i got was 'you might have to wait until after the weekend'

I managed to port online this morning.

I can use data but im barred from making calls and texts

Im getting this message by text-
    'You've reached your account credit limit, you won't be able to go out of bundle until after your next billing date. To speak to our chat team or view our faqs go to www.GoMo.ie. That's it!'

Does this look like theyre going to try and charge me €30 for reaching thw account limit. Despite not being able to make any calls or texts all day?

If this isnt resolved early tomorrow, I'll be porting back to my old network. :O
    Why did you need to use online chat. Common sense says they won’t charge you 30 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

ted1 wrote: »
    Why did you need to use online chat. Common sense says they won’t charge you 30 euro.

I used online chat because the port would not go through on Friday. I thought they might have a clue why it wasnt going through.

I hope so, but common sense would also say that i should be able to call and text but thats not happening either.

And the following is on their website faqs -

Why can’t I make a chargeable call?

We have an out of bundle cap of €30. This means you can spend up to €30 on charges that are not included in your bundle. This includes Premium Rate Services such as 1890/1850 numbers, any non-standard text messages, roaming over the EU cap, roaming outside the EU and international calls and texts. We have this limit to protect our customers. If you cannot make a chargeable call you may have reached this limit. You will not be able to incur any more out of bundle charges until after your next billing date.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Ported over on Friday from Vodafone and.now have only download speeds of 3 to 10mbs compared to average of 60 + on Vodafone. And that's 4g !! Messaged them.3 times in past 48 hrs to check this and apn settings and no response or help . Also voicemail issues! What are apn settings, eir or meteor are options on phone. Tried both with no differences in 4g speeds!

What did you expect exactly? Vodafone speeds for a quarter of the price?

It has widely been reported and it’s also common knowledge that Eir’s network is not in the same league as Vodafone, Eir have also acknowledged this, and they have said it is their intention to improve their network up to the standard of Vodafone.

You switched networks as you wanted to save money, so theirs no point coming on here and on to chat giving out about the network been worse than Vodafone.

The Voicemail issues only came to light on Thursday and GoMo have publicly said that they are aware of the issues and hope to have them rectified on Monday or Tuesday.

To those who are having issues with porting, I’m sure these issues will be sorted tomorrow. Friends of mine have previously worked in mobile phone shops have always said that they hated porting people’s numbers over between Friday evenings and Monday morning, generally the porting process should go smoothly and it does for most, but when you run into issues, this is where the problems happen as the tech departments of mobile operators don’t tend to work weekends.

I expect a usable service and those speeds.for 4g are ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Delivery of my SIM was delayed so they sent a message saying the moving date would be changed to sync with delivery, but that if the new move date didn't suit I could reschedule on the website.

I can't see any options to do this though, anyone know how to do it?

They’ve advertised 10meg, and your posts said you are getting between 3 and 10mb, I’ve been with eir for a few years now and I get between 1mb and 60mb. Speed tests are flawed at the best of times, generally for browsing on a phone and using social media, 4-5mb are perfectly fine for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Delivery of my SIM was delayed so they sent a message saying the moving date would be changed to sync with delivery, but that if the new move date didn't suit I could reschedule on the website.

Under account details - move my number.

It’s towards the bottom of the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

My.gomo.ie -> Account details -> move your number -> Schedule port

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    My.gomo.ie -> Account details -> move your number -> Schedule port

When I try that I just get a message ' This action is unavailable until your service is activated'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭KMPT

adox wrote: »
    Moved mine there fairly painlessly. Scheduled for 1 today and seem to be ready 5 minutes later. Put the new sim in and entered sim pin and away I went.

Two small issues:

Voicemail isn’t working. I know others have said they had problems with this. Is there a fix for this or does it fix itself? When I dial 171 it prompts me to enter my and and hash or just hash, after that it says number isn’t recognised.

I also powered down the phone after the port had gone through and I had the voicemail problem. When it booted back up it asked me again for the sim pin saying that it was locked, despite being unlocked a few minutes earlier. Surely this isn’t normal? It may sort itself out and it’s not a big deal tbh.

Got my sim a few days ago and it's still locked. Haven't been able to use it. Chat customer service and email is taking forever to sort out. I'm not amused. Good thing I didn't port my number. Was planning to not renew my Vodafone contract and keep GoMo if it is working well but can you imagine I do that and they take this long to sort out my one and only number. I'd be proper pissed. But I get what I pay for it seems. €9.99

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I don't know about speeds and all that stuff but I tested my speed, are these results good /bad or average?

493425.jpg

It’s swings and roundabouts. In parts of the country my phone on Vodafone will have poor coverage where as my wife on virgin or eir would have better.

Where are you using the phone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I don't know about speeds and all that stuff but I tested my speed, are these results good /bad or average?

Not good & your latency is high

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

493425.jpg

Useable for basic stuff , not if tethering.

493425.jpg

A bit ****e tbh :) but are you able to do what you want to do with your phone, if so, then they are fine for your needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

ZeroThreat wrote:

You will when you get your SIM is my understanding of it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

When I try that I just get a message ' This action is unavailable until your service is activated'

They mean you can reschedule the port, not the delivery. You can reschedule once you receive the SIM.

In my home where previously I had much better on the old meteor network!
    Are there settings or something I'm missing like apn settings or something.
    This is what I questioned on their chat and 48hr plus still no reply or answer despite so called "under 24hr respond time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

You can't change the port date until the phone number for your sim appears on the mygomo page. This usually happens after you get the sim. I had to chase them up on livechat because the number didn't appear on the mygomo page even though I has the sim for about 3 days. But once I got onto chat was sorted within 24 hours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement