Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Something for consideration for all those mentioning using a revolut card with gomo

A missed payment is €5 and a manual payment is €5 so if you don’t have enough on your revolut card (which could easily happen), it’ll cost you €10!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭KMPT

TPM wrote: »
    Gomo change over me mad.
    My wife and I ordered 2 sims each.
    My wife received both cards and ported numbers, both are working for calls but no mobile data access at all.
    I only received one sim and it wont activate at all.
    It took support 3 days to respond to the message about the missing sim, and still waiting for a reply about the one that wont activate.

Can anyone help me out with the data issue? thanks in advance

Mine doesn't work either. Still waiting on them to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    They mean you can reschedule the port, not the delivery. You can reschedule once you receive the SIM.

ok, thanks for the reply.

Edit : btw, it said it the original order acknowledgement email that you need to be available to sign for it, could be awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

It depends on the time of the year. Sep/Oct I would, but the other months would be fine.

Use viber out or some other VOIP app ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

day 1 video. You dont learn anything new here but just in case anyone wants to watch the launch of GoMo (hate that name...)

I'm thinking they wont have 5G on the 9.99 life plan ... But really you wont need it... for a while anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

Looks like I'm not the only one with data speed issues, maybe 4g not provisioned as it was weekend! Anyone know definitely what apn.settngs should be . Options of eir and meteor on phone and getting no reply on this from so called 'under 24hr" support

• Registered Users Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Looks like I'm not the only one with data speed issues, maybe 4g not provisioned as it was weekend! Anyone know definitely what apn.settngs should be . Options of eir and meteor on phone and getting no reply on this from so called 'under 24hr" support

APN - data.myeirmobile.ie
    MCC - 272
    MNC - 03
    APN Type - default,supl

Got 60/20 speeds a little earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

Customer Service for Eir is truly appalling, the worst I have ever experienced, and that was recently after them promising they had upped their game on it. I can only imagine what this knock off version of them must be like - they will drive you insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I don't know about speeds and all that stuff but I tested my speed, are these results good /bad or average?

493425.jpg

Sorry, should have said this is the speed I get with Tesco.. I haven't got the GoMo sim yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Sorry, should have said this is the speed I get with Tesco.. I haven't got the GoMo sim yet.

Never found Tesco to be good, even in Dublin city center, lucky to download a webpage so you can't do worse with GoMo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I would be happy to even get 10 megs with this, currently on Three and get between 0.01 meg and 0.05 meg. Most of the time there isn't enough data to run the speed test and it just times out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭ted1

ingalway wrote: »
    Customer Service for Eir is truly appalling, the worst I have ever experienced, and that was recently after them promising they had upped their game on it. I can only imagine what this knock off version of them must be like - they will drive you insane!

I’ve been we had to contact customer service of a mobile company in 25 years

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

Something for consideration for all those mentioning using a revolut card with gomo

A missed payment is €5 and a manual payment is €5 so if you don’t have enough on your revolut card (which could easily happen), it’ll cost you €10!

Is it Revolut or GoMo who are making these charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

They should have a big banner on their website: If you want Vodafone speeds, go to vodafone and pay their extortionate prices.
    If you want grand speed, grand reception and not bargain basement network (lycamobile comes to mind), then this is a true bargain.

at moment, this is the best deal on the market. 2nd place goes to postmobile (their 3G only speeds are prob faster that gomo 4G speeds in most parts)

• Site Banned Posts: 6 vincent28

westyIrl wrote: »
    Is it Revolut or GoMo who are making these charges?

Must be Gomo as Revolut won't make a payment if you don't have the funds on your card.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

vincent28 wrote: »
    Must be Gomo as Revolut won't make a payment if you don't have the funds on your card.

Yep, these are GoMo fees,

7-D1087-D3-F802-459-B-B1-AD-810-A52161-BDD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I only guess but if someone got a sim and tried it then went back to their old sim then the charges will continue monthly to the account they gave.

That is any bank account details you give not just Revolut.

I was setup with Revolut but changed to Curve.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

Got into online chat, got some issues sorted, very helpful person. Missing sim to arrive tomorrow
    Just ran a speed test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Gooser14

I expect a usable service and those speeds.for 4g are ridiculous.

But surely you accept that mobile services can vary wildly from between service providers and locations. It is very much a case of testing the various providers to see which is best in your location.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Gooser14

ted1 wrote:
    I’ve been we had to contact customer service of a mobile company in 25 years

Lucky you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Jeff2 wrote: »
    I only guess but if someone got a sim and tried it then went back to their old sim then the charges will continue monthly to the account they gave.

That is any bank account details you give not just Revolut.

I was setup with Revolut but changed to Curve.

So, if you're not happy with GoMo and switch to a new provider you'll still have to pay the GoMo 9.99 a month for life?.. Is that what you're saying, Jeff?

Gooser14 wrote: »
    But surely you accept that mobile services can vary wildly from between service providers and locations. It is very much a case of testing the various providers to see which is best in your location.
    Yes I agree. I've been with them all, three being the worst and naturally Vodafone the best. Was also with meteor and their speeds were a close 2nd to Vodafone in my location. As gomo are on eir surely 4g speeds should be similar, unless as I said I'm missing something, like 4g not been provisioned correctly or apn settings.

Check out my Speedtest result! How fast is your internet? https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/5409141759

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Can anyone confirm a Gomo SIM working in a phone locked to Eir?

I usually buy unlocked phones from Amazon but would be good to know the above all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I’ve just checked that for you there now, I’ve an old iPhone 5s locked to Eir and can confirm a GoMo sim does work in it.

Great news - thanks a mil

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

I usually buy unlocked phones from Amazon but would be good to know the above all the same.

A fella checked it for me yesterday, and he said his GoMo SIM worked in his Eir locked phone

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dkd21

Good question , I have my doubts but would like to know the same

EDIT: above answers that

• Registered Users Posts: 26,560 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Scheduled my port for today 10am

Phone lost signal at 10.01am
    Sim swapped at 10.02am
    Text from GoMo welcoming me to the service at 10.03am.

Two bar 4g, same as Eir, in a well insulated house so coverage isn’t as good as our in the open.

One of the most pain free experiences I’ve had with any telco globally.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Does SIM have to be signed for? It's out for delivery today and no-one is home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Basq wrote: »
    Does SIM have to be signed for? It's out for delivery today and no-one is home.

Most reports on this thread say they weren't asked to sign for it..

When did you order? Haven't got any despatch email or anything but see a phone number set up on my online account now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement