Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Basq wrote: »
    Does SIM have to be signed for? It's out for delivery today and no-one is home.

Mine wasn’t signed for. It’s a small package in the exact same envelope you’d get a Revolut physical card in. It should fit in letter box.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Mine wasn’t signed for. It’s a small package in the exact same envelope you’d get a Revolut physical card in. It should fit in letter box.
    An Post wanted a signature for mine and wouldn't deliver without one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Mine was posted through the letterbox last Friday even though herself was at home.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Depends on your postman to be honest. All GoMo sims are sent via registered post and will require a signature, however if you have a good relationship with your postie, they they will probably just drop it in your letterbox and sign on your behalf.

My sim was delivered this morning, only got notification before 9am that it was actually out for delivery. I've scheduled my port for 10:30am this morning, so we'll see how it goes. Im porting from Eir

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

mfceiling wrote: »
    Mine was posted through the letterbox last Friday even though herself was at home.
    Annoying. Mine was meant to be delivered last Wednesday, but nobody was home. I changed delivery addresses and it hasn't moved an inch since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Craftylee

What sort of turnaround time did you guys see for receiving your SIM? I ordered last Weds and it's still marked as 'Processing'

Craftylee wrote: »
    What sort of turnaround time did you guys see for receiving your SIM? I ordered last Weds and it's still marked as 'Processing'

I ordered last Tuesday @ 9pm and sim was delivered this morning.

I dunno what’s going on with me.

I registered and paid activation fee last Tuesday lunchtime.
    I registered for an account Tuesday evening.
    I haven’t received any communication since only the original text to confirm my mobile number.
    Still haven’t received SIM

Chat is down too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I dunno what’s going on with me.

I registered and paid activation fee last Tuesday lunchtime.
    I registered for an account Tuesday evening.

I haven’t received any communication since only the original text to confirm my mobile number.
    Still haven’t received SIM

Chat is down too :(

I don't understand what you are trying to discribe here... you registered and paid, and then registered? Two seperate accounts? Registered then set time and date to port?

Regarding getting your sim delivered... check the delivery address you entered, if thats not the problem, then check with their webchat...

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I don't understand what you are trying to discribe here... you registered and paid, and then registered? Two seperate accounts? Registered then set time and date to port?

Regarding getting your sim delivered... check the delivery address you entered, if thats not the problem, then check with their webchat...

Sorry I should have said - I applied for a SIM and to port my number over first. I then received a text with a code to confirm my mobile number.
    Later that day I applied for the MyGoMo account.

I can go no further unless I get talking to chat as I haven’t received any emails to say my account is now active. I’ve tried to just log in and can’t either.

• Advertisement

My number ported over fine, lost service at 10.30 and put in Gomo sim then and received two messages from GoMo within a minute or two, imessage and facetime activated no problem, and can also confirm the WiFi Calling isnt supported on my Iphone XS, which we already knew. I previously had wifi calling with my Eir plan, Im not bothered about that as I always found it hit and miss to be honest.

Sorry I should have said - I applied for a SIM and to port my number over first. I then received a text with a code to confirm my mobile number.
    Later that day I applied for the MyGoMo account.

I can go no further unless I get talking to chat as I haven’t received any emails to say my account is now active. I’ve tried to just log in and can’t either.

I still don't understand this bit... are you saying that you signed into the website to control your account?

I still don't understand this bit... are you saying that you signed into the website to control your account?

Attempted to.

All these posters saying that have checked their account and it says “in progress”. I don’t have an account set up yet to check that stuff.

I have received no emails from GoMo. Only way to check status of my order is to talk to chat which is not working right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

It's supposed to be signed for but your postie might pop it in the letter box for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭Basq

_feedback_ wrote: »
    Most reports on this thread say they weren't asked to sign for it..

When did you order? Haven't got any despatch email or anything but see a phone number set up on my online account now
    Ordered last Tuesday evening at 9pm.. I didn't get a despatch email, just a email from An Post yesterday saying sim is due today, and an SMS saying it's out for delivery from An Post.

Girlfriend ordered same time as me but she has a phone number and port date associated with her account since Friday, but I didn't get that until this morning (after notification sim is out for delivery)... but she hasn't got notification of a sim due. So seems to be a bit shaky in terms of processing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Anyone with a similar setup confirm having no issues before I port over the wife's phone, as just concerned about coverage etc...

Currently with EIR (€25pm) living in south Dublin

ta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

gerard2210 wrote: »
    It's supposed to be signed for but your postie might pop it in the letter box for you.

Mine was delivered earlier. It was just left in the post box

Anyone with a similar setup confirm having no issues before I port over the wife's phone, as just concerned about coverage etc...

Currently with EIR (€25pm) living in south Dublin

ta

I was with Eir on €19/month, South Dublin, signed up on Wednesday, got SIM on Thursday, ported Monday 10.00am.

Now using the phone as if nothing had changed... Just smaller bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

I was with Eir on €19/month, South Dublin, signed up on Wednesday, got SIM on Thursday, ported Monday 10.00am.

Now using the phone as if nothing had changed... Just smaller bills.

Thanks pal

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭easyvision

ordered a sim a week ago, but still nothing...... is this a normal lead time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

easyvision wrote: »
    ordered a sim a week ago, but still nothing...... is this a normal lead time?

No. I ordered on the 16th and received it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

Asked to be ported this morning from Virgin Media. Am on the GoMo network but my number from Virgin Media hasnt ported?

Does it take a couple of hours for the number to port?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

branners69 wrote: »
    Asked to be ported this morning from Virgin Media. Am on the GoMo network but my number from Virgin Media hasnt ported?

Not that it helps you but mine ported in a few minutes. Did it at 10.00am and everything was fine at 10.05.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Anyone else having an issue verifying their email? I ordered a sim last week, forgot to verify my email after making an account, went to do it today and everytime I click the link it just takes me back to the email confirmation page which asks me to put in my email address to send a verification code

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Similar to you, I was supposed to port at 9am.this morning and still nothing, yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Davexirl

My sim card arrived today, the delivery had to be signed for. I have updated my port to happen this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

Daith wrote: »
    Not that it helps you but mine ported in a few minutes. Did it at 10.00am and everything was fine at 10.05.

Did you port from Virgin Media?
    Similar to you, I was supposed to port at 9am.this morning and still nothing, yet.

But you are on the GoMo network? Are you porting from Virgin Media?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

I will await the postman ringing my apartment doorbell........lol!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Check in your account on line.

In my phone my sim showed the original GoMo number. But that you can change to anything you like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

Did you port from Virgin Media?

Sorry, 3!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement