Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

branners69 wrote: »
    Did you port from Virgin Media?

But you are on the GoMo network? Are you porting from Virgin Media?

Porting from VM to GoMo

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

branners69 wrote: »
    Asked to be ported this morning from Virgin Media. Am on the GoMo network but my number from Virgin Media hasnt ported?

Does it take a couple of hours for the number to port?
    I am waiting since 8.30am Saturday morning when my VM sim stopped working. My own number hasn't ported and no one can call me since Saturday morning.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I ordered last Wednesday at 12.
    On my account I kind now, I can see the 2 numbers assigned to my account, pins and PUK.

I can also see the port date.

I haven’t received the sims yet (unless they came in todays post).

Just to give others an idea on time frames.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I ordered last week, my account says in progress, at least they delayed the number port, as I had wanted to port it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

willah wrote: »
    I am waiting since 8.30am Saturday morning when my VM sim stopped working. My own number hasn't ported and no one can call me since Saturday morning.

I suppose all we can do is wait and hope there is a huge back log which will eventually be sorted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Gooser14

gibgodsman wrote:
    Anyone else having an issue verifying their email? I ordered a sim last week, forgot to verify my email after making an account, went to do it today and everytime I click the link it just takes me back to the email confirmation page which asks me to put in my email address to send a verification code

The verification code is only valid for 12 hours. You need to submit your email address so that they can issue a new verification code.

Scheduled from VM to GoMo for 9am and I'm now ported. My phone was showing connection still to VM, but turning the phone to airplane mode on for 10 seconds and back on showed a disconnect. Just a matter of putting the GoMo sim card in then and it worked straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭ALS

Probably asked numerous times already but can someone provide a link to theor live chat please...... cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

Craftylee wrote: »
    What sort of turnaround time did you guys see for receiving your SIM? I ordered last Weds and it's still marked as 'Processing'

Ordered on Tuesday evening and still status is "In Progress" although I got one SIM card.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭shmeee

ALS wrote: »
    Probably asked numerous times already but can someone provide a link to theor live chat please...... cheers

There is no live chat available 24/7 at present, email only.

https://gomo.ie/contact/

It's a chat pop up box that appears when they have staff to manage it but at present they are so busy so the chat box isn't appearing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

Scheduled from VM to GoMo for 9am and I'm now ported. My phone was showing connection still to VM, but turning the phone to airplane mode on for 10 seconds and back on showed a disconnect. Just a matter of putting the GoMo sim card in then and it worked straight away.

Have you made any calls? I thought mine had gone through until I called people and the 085 number came up.

Have you made any calls? I thought mine had gone through until I called people and the 085 number came up.

Yes, made and received calls and texts received and sent also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Gooser14

ALS wrote: »

When you login to my.gomo.ie the Chat Tab should appear on the right hand edge of your screen.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Myself and OH both signed up the day the deal went live and received our sims in Friday's post. Both changed our moving date to Saturday, no hassle. His move was instantaneous, mine took about 10 mins no issues. Very happy with it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Gooser14 wrote: »
    The verification code is only valid for 12 hours. You need to submit your email address so that they can issue a new verification code.

Done it 4 times this morning, same issue everytime

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

Looking through their FAQ:

Your port will take up to 24 hours to complete from the date and time you selected. If your number doesn’t port after 24 hours, please contact us here

But if you are waiting since Saturday morning?? Maybe they mean a working day 24 hours??

I am still hopeful!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

Check out my Speedtest result! How fast is your internet? https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/5410375704

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

Check out my Speedtest result! How fast is your internet? https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/5410375704

Just got SIM card today, ported now and only getting speeds of 5mbps down and 0.6 up

This is in Dublin 4. Was previously Eir prepay customer also and speeds were way faster in same office.

Is there possible issues with it due to tonnes of people signing up or maybe it's just slow today?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

My speeds this morning in two different locations in Waterford, the slower one is 3G

6919483-D-5415-4547-9485-C0-E29-DD0723-E.png

A660045-A-503-D-42-F3-A44-D-B9-B90-D0411-D3.png

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭tylerdylan

Would anyone guess if Eir will charge calls to GoMo sim same as VF etc?

My aunt is with Eir 100 mins only and now 10 of the people she calls on Eir to Eir mobile, for free have moved to GoMo Ive tried to convince her to move but says the deal sounds to good to be true.:cool:

• Advertisement

Get her to make a call and see, when meteor was around calls to eir and meteor were treated as the same and were included ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I signed up to GoMo about 3.30pm the day it was announced. I paid with my Revolut MasterCard (even though a few here said you couldn't). Originally set my port date (from eir) to the latest date I could as I was leaving a 30 day SIMO plan. I was able to verify my number and register the account without any problems.

I heard nothing for a few days and no update on my account (no number assigned). I emailed chat Friday daytime and they told me my Sim was with An Post. Later on Friday night my account was updated with an assigned number and Pin etc.

An Post delivered the SIM card this morning, postman rang the bell and handed it in but said he'd just sign for it anyway. I've moved my port date forward to today at 2pm so hopefully it all goes ahead ok.

Throughout the whole process I got no updates, emails or texts from GoMo or An Post. My account page still shows my order as "In Progress". Waiting on the port to happen in the next 20 mins so hoping it goes ok.

Did anyone have any issues connecting to 4G after porting? It won't connect to 4G automatically, and when I try to manually on the GoMo 4G network it says forbidden. I am in a strong 4G area and had no issues with two providers previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Has anybody ported from Tesco Mobile on a 30 days sim only contract successfully?

If so, what settings did you use?

Have tried single line post pay with account number including CONTR at the start, didn't work, tried same without CONTR at the start, didn't work. Also tried prepaid registered(seemed wrong to me but Tescos suggestion) and it didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Ported number successfully but " barred from making calls"?
    Have rebooted

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Ordered two there. Was on the Vodafone Spotify offer at €20, but with that going up to €25 it is cheaper to get this and buy Spotify.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭captainneutron

Hi,

I signed up last week and have a port date of 24/10.
    Currently with eir, however I am getting cold feet and thinking of going to vodafone prepay. (as vodafone is solid where i live)

My question is, As i have set a port date, can i cancel that and just move to vodafone now? or do I have to wait until the port to gomo goes thru and then port on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Sparkrite

Of course you can cancel, all distance selling, including GoMo is subject to a 14 day 'cooling off' period.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Hi,

I signed up last week and have a port date of 24/10.
    Currently with eir, however I am getting cold feet and thinking of going to vodafone prepay. (as vodafone is solid where i live)

My question is, As i have set a port date, can i cancel that and just move to vodafone now? or do I have to wait until the port to gomo goes thru and then port on again.

Why not just give it a go for a month?

• Advertisement

If you are currently with Eir, they surely you are familiar with the network, GoMo will be exactly the same, if you weren’t sure, they why waste 9.99 signing up in the first place.

To answer your question, when your sim arrives it will have a port date on your account, it will just be a matter of going in and pushing that date out further and then cancel your account. Once you get confirmation of cancel, you can then take out a plan with Vodafone and then port your eir number over to them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement